*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

I have to say I am really impressed with the technical and aesthetic aspects of all the new products.  The past couple of years have proven that Klipsch finally understands that their strength and appeal are rooted in classic design and awesome sound.  The technical advances and additional product lines expand on this and will carry the company forward and provide income so they can keep producing the speakers we love.

Can I suggest a new line of business?  I have seen that several high end car manufactures will let you send in your classic to them to be factory restored.  I for one would love to have an option to send my speakers back to the factory to have everything gone through and refreshed.  Perhaps this would not work because the shipping would be expensive but I still like the idea of being able to send them a Cornwall and have it come back factory fresh.

Laters,

Jeff

• Like 3

On 1/13/2017 at 11:00 AM, eq_shadimar said:

I have to say I am really impressed with the technical and aesthetic aspects of all the new products.  The past couple of years have proven that Klipsch finally understands that their strength and appeal are rooted in classic design and awesome sound.  The technical advances and additional product lines expand on this and will carry the company forward and provide income so they can keep producing the speakers we love.

Can I suggest a new line of business?  I have seen that several high end car manufactures will let you send in your classic to them to be factory restored.  I for one would love to have an option to send my speakers back to the factory to have everything gone through and refreshed.  Perhaps this would not work because the shipping would be expensive but I still like the idea of being able to send them a Cornwall and have it come back factory fresh.

Laters,

Jeff

That's a cool idea, but probably cost prohibitive by the time you spend several hundred dollars in shipping and packaging fees,  filling and block sanding cabinets, new veneer applied,  drivers and crossovers replaced, and inspection/repairs for structural issues with the horns and cabinets.  

That's probably worth the effort for a DIY project, but I'd suspect the factory can build new sets cheaper than they can refurbish old ones.  

BTW, I totally agree that it's nice to see an increase in new product development and innovation coming from Klipsch.   I believe Paul Jacobs stated that the R&D budget was dramatically increased in 2016, and I think the design and engineering have found some products that really appear to resonate with the customer base.  People that haven't bought new Klipsch products in a long time are voicing plenty of interest, particularly the Forte-iii and The Fifteen's.

• Like 1

I didn't realize how big the 15's were till I saw them next to the Forte III in these pics. They are like Cornwall size. That horn is huge. Really interested in hearing what people say about their sound compared to the Forte III.

Klipsch-Jamo-CES-2017_00104.jpg

47 minutes ago, vondy said:

I didn't realize how big the 15's were till I saw them next to the Forte III in these pics. They are like Cornwall size. That horn is huge. Really interested in hearing what people say about their sound compared to the Forte III.

Yeah, It's sometimes hard to get a sense of scale from a photo, but I knew from the 15" woofer that it was a large speaker.  I've mentioned it's pretty similar to a Cornscala. 

I think everyone knows the Forte-iii will be good, but The Fifteen is a little harder to guess about.   It should be a heck of a value for somebody without a lot of existing gear sitting around.   I'm under the assumption that the built-in amplifier is identical to the Powergate amp they debuted at CES, and that amp in itself is an incredible value (assuming that it sounds good)

A "good" 180 watt per-channel integrated amp, DAC, MC/MM Phono stage, Bluetooth receiver, would probably cost AT LEAST $1500, so you're getting a pair of Cornscala's for $1499 in a round-about way.   

Another thing about "The Fifteens" is that I'm assuming the amplifier is built into one speaker and the other speaker is passive. (like the R-15pm speakers)   Perhaps simply having a pair of the left-side speakers equals having a set of passive speakers.

Lots of people voicing interest in a passive version of this.

1 hour ago, jwc said:

What is this?

http://www.klipsch.com/blog/klipsch-at-ces-2015-day-4/

Maybe: Made in USA Heritage-Inspired Concept for Wireless Speakers (TBD)

As far as additional information goes, we are hoping to be able to provide more info soon on the products that are due later this year. We have to keep a couple things close to the vest, but it’ll be worth the wait.

HJS_3744-web.jpg

Let us know if this concept is something you could see yourself purchasing.

• Moderators
Just now, CECAA850 said:

What ever happened with those anyways?  Looked cool but was extremely expensive as I recall.  I read about a lot of electronic issues with them as well.

I don't know, they are pricey, but supposed to be the best sounding product in that class, which is like a Waveradio by [Name which shall not mentioned].

KGI loaned us one for the KGI/Museum Booth at the Watermelon Festival.  I heard it sounded great for the size, etc.

"""Let us know if this concept is something you could see yourself purchasing. """

I'm confused.  I clicked the CES 2017 link and found that small "Heritage-looking" speaker.  Then I see the 2015 link and see the same photo again.

Now, I no longer see the photo on the CES 2017 link.  

My head is spinning.....was it just taken off the 2017 blog?

Hi, I was wondering if there was any more info available on the Theater Pack speakers.  I haven't seen them covered anywhere so was wondering about general specs, estimated release date, etc.  Right now, all I see is one picture and a little description on the CES 2017 page on klipsch.com.  From the looks of it, they look like an upgraded Quintet set paired with one of the wireless subs.  

Thanks!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, Ski Bum said:

Chad, do you know...wait a minute, you're the wrong one to ask.

Roy, Chief, if you're tuning in still and don't mind answering questions, are the Fifteen's fully active, or 'amplified passive speakers' a la the R-15PM?  Are there any plans for a passive version, for the tube nuts and others who may not be as interested in the electronics as the speakers?

IMHO......you're missing the big picture with this product's focus.  The audio industry is facing a significant challenge - i.e. how to develop audio lovers given the current generation and future generations where folks are not interested in sitting in a quiet space and relaxing with an immersive audio experience.  You either keep on doing what you've been doing and last until the last baby boomer is dead - OR - you can develop a product(s) that is simple, easily to use,  non-intimidating yet makes the end user go "OMG!  Is that what it's suppose to sound like?"  And once you have that fish on the line, you can slowly introduce them to the world of HiFi.

Tom

• Like 1

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic