*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

Many thanks to Jainbaby, Jay L, and Chief Bonehead for answering these questions on the forum on these new speakers. I don't recall so many Klipsch employees on this forum answering questions on new products.  Y'all have been asked and answered some of the questions I had too.

The future of Klipsch is to sell these new speakers and this helps. This forum has a lot of questions on older speakers and is much appreciated. However, I want Klipsch to be successful and answering these questions on new products definitely helps with that.

• Like 6

On 1/31/2017 at 1:12 PM, Grizzog said:

OK, since no one else has, I'll bring up The Sixes.

I'm excited for these and think they'll make a great tabletop/desk setup. I actually preordered a pair for my computer setup. From the pictures, they look great and different from most speakers you see if this size/type.

@Jainbaby I had a few questions if you're able to answer them.

Is the horn the same as used on the RP-160M? Looks to be a different phase plug, but utilizing the horn and titanium diaphragm.

Is the woofer the same as used in the R-26F, but not copper?

How long will the cable be to connect the two speakers?

@grizzog there's a blog post on the sixes at http://www.klipsch.com/blog/sixes-powered-speakers-first-impression/

Beautiful speakers.  Says it's a review, however neither the speakers or turntable are hooked up....:blink:

7 hours ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

Seeing that Mr. Bonehead designed the lll's I take his " they're ok " as a tongue- in-check that in his opinion they are far more than just ok!  Don't be goin' British on us here Mr. Mallette ---

Undoubtedly correct now that you mention it.  I am known as missing such things in print and taking things literally. 

Dave

1 hour ago, RTR said:

@grizzog there's a blog post on the sixes at http://www.klipsch.com/blog/sixes-powered-speakers-first-impression/

Beautiful speakers.  Says it's a review, however neither the speakers or turntable are hooked up....:blink:

We have a new social medial manager and I believe that may have been his first Blog post.  If you remember we had Alex writing the blog.  Isaiah just joined us and he started at CES.  I am sure he will start to engage more with the community as he gets to know the company and the products.

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Mallette said:

I am seeing this as the British "I like them...not a lot mind you, but I like them."  Is that accurate?  Kurious Klipsheads want to know.

Dave

8 hours ago, richieb said:

Seeing that Mr. Bonehead designed the lll's I take his " they're ok " as a tongue- in-check that in his opinion they are far more than just ok!

From what I have witnessed your both right, he's aggravating with that sometimes............I'm like, I think they sound really good, better than I was expecting, but what do you think Roy (considering his experience) and he does that..... Eh, they're ok. :angry2: But I now know what that really means, so I'm good.

drives me crazy sometimes....part of the plan, i think :mellow:

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Probably learned it from PWK...

Dave

He got alot of things from PWK it seems, Roy was very fortunate to have a mentor like PWK. 

A couple of things he appears (to me) to have inherited from PWK was a no :pwk_bs: attitude, answering a question with a question, a somewhat eccentric personality, OK many things.

But one thing I can say without hesitation about Roy, he has as much respect or more for PWK as anyone possibly could have, and realizes how lucky he is for having the chance to work with him.

We have got to know Roy a little, and because of the person he is it would be hard not to have respect for him, he is just a good guy and I'm proud to call him a friend.

There ya go roy, is that worth the $2 ....i think so, let me know, if you want me to talk about your good looks and fishing skills, it will cost a little more, sorry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

But one thing I can say without hesitation about Roy, he has as much respect or more for PWK as anyone possibly could have, and realizes how lucky he is for having the chance to work with him.

We have got to know Roy a little, and because of the person he is it would be hard not to have respect for him, he is just a good guy and I'm proud to call him a friend.

Yes.  I've not spent as much time with him as you guys, but I get precisely the same impression.  He is PWK's heir in the most important areas.  I hope Klipsch management gets it.  His designs fully employ the 8 Card without improvement...but with new forms for specific needs. 

Dave

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2017 at 10:00 AM, Jainbaby said:

I truly wish it was that simple.  The cabinet construction is labor intensive and as you can imagine the cost to assemble the cabinet, fit the electronics and ultimately do reliability testing is more expensive in the US than China.  We initially created 3 pairs of prototypes and one pair was created at our wood shop in Indy.

We started the project thinking China but everyone was so excited we kept bothering Jay in the wood shop (ok I might have bothered him the most), and during that process we talked to Jay and Kerry about construction, both felt they could be built in Hope without need for any new machinery or additional work space (still hoping this is true).  Next week we I should be able to update the thread with what we have accomplished.  

IMG_2520.JPG

I was googling for news on the Fifteens and stumbled on to this old thread. I love all the insight you gave into their development. I'm curious though if a decision was ever made on where they would be built? Also, any updates on the expected release date? I seem to recall fourth quarter being mentioned at CES, but know those things have a way of changing. I've just been kind of torn between getting the Sixes now or waiting on the Fifteens to be released. 

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, KitNorrie said:

I was googling for news on the Fifteens and stumbled on to this old thread. I love all the insight you gave into their development. I'm curious though if a decision was ever made on where they would be built? Also, any updates on the expected release date? I seem to recall fourth quarter being mentioned at CES, but know those things have a way of changing. I've just been kind of torn between getting the Sixes now or waiting on the Fifteens to be released. 

Last I heard they were going to be made in Hope, AR, unless that's changed. As far as a release date, maybe @Jainbaby can verify. 

• Moderators

@KitNorrie

reposted from @Jainbaby on Facebook:

"Hey hey, yes HOPE!  

I am hoping (bad pun) to have advanced listenable samples at CES.  And start production not too long after that.  

We had so many projects and needed to prioritize certain ones ahead of others.  So even though my weak heart ❤️ had flutters for the Fifteens, I had to delay a bit.  If all goes to plan, there will be the Fifteens and another surprise (also made in Hope) at CES.  We are almost finished with the industrial design of something we think Klipsch fans will love from my biz unit that will also be made in Hope.  

I truly want to make more in Hope.  Maybe someday even a Headphone 🎧"

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

@KitNorrie

reposted from @Jainbaby on Facebook:

"Hey hey, yes HOPE!  

I am hoping (bad pun) to have advanced listenable samples at CES.  And start production not too long after that.  

We had so many projects and needed to prioritize certain ones ahead of others.  So even though my weak heart ❤️ had flutters for the Fifteens, I had to delay a bit.  If all goes to plan, there will be the Fifteens and another surprise (also made in Hope) at CES.  We are almost finished with the industrial design of something we think Klipsch fans will love from my biz unit that will also be made in Hope.  

I truly want to make more in Hope.  Maybe someday even a Headphone 🎧"

Thanks for getting the update! Now I'm wondering what this surprise might be . . . either way it sound like the Fifteens are probably won't be out until early to mid 2018 at this point. Right in time for the pilgrimage maybe even!