*cough* CES 2017 *cough*

Chad

Forte III and RF-7 III - only $1600 less than I paid for new Klipschorns a decade ago. Those speakers are nice, but I don't know if they're that nice! If I have $3800, I can buy a nice pair of used Klipschorns, with new drivers and horns. 

The 15s are going to sell like crazy. Smart design. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deang said:

I can buy a used set of Klipschorns  with new drivers and horns. 

Yes, but I don't like that.  The thing here is that  FINALLY ! Klipsch delivers on a Heritage look with a tractrix midhorn.  They have revamped the LS, Cornwall, Khorn and Heresy....all with a midhorn I don't like.  Just the way it is with me.

I've had the LSII (now sold) and wouldn't buy another pair.  Not interested in Khorns with the same Midhorn used forever.  Yes the love of PWK and respect for the original design....I get it....But I would like to hear something different. 

I have the Forte II's and the stock design sounds great.  I would buy the Forte III's even without a demo.  I'm that confident they would bring me more satisfaction than the stock Khorn, LSII, CWIII and Heresy III.

I have all kinds of love for Klipsch.  Coffee mugs, pens, many shirts as well as kids and wife, hats, tape measure, bottle openers, PWK book on coffee table in man cave, More than one reference speakers, Klipsch PC media speakers, Klipsch TV media bar, Klipsch The ONE groove.  These are the things CURRENTLY I have bought NEW from Klipsch.  Excluding the pro line (many purchases).  BUT! ..... I haven't bought ANY of the higher end Klipsch home floorstanders recently...really...due to disappointment.  I don't have lots of love for the Pals or the reference stuff.

But .... Here it is.  Just what I've been waiting for....I will be buying the Forte III.

jc

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deang said:

The 15s are going to sell like crazy. Smart design. 

Yeah, I was thinking about starting a new thread to discuss the 15's.  I think they're brilliantly designed for a new generation.

24 minutes ago, Deang said:

If I have $3800, I can buy a used set of Klipschorns  with new drivers and horns. 

Companies don't compete with the used market. You can get most anything cheaper used. This then comes with all the fun of what used can mean: ruined finish, veneer chips, dents, busted drivers, etc.

Most of us here have some used gear and have updated/fixed them in some way. However, not all consumers want to do this, nor would they have the time or even knowledge.

A NEW speaker with everything working and in perfect shape is fantastic. Even though I do own some used gear, I will be buying these and have myself a set of pristine and amazing sounding speakers.

• Like 2

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

Companies don't compete with the used market. You can get most anything cheaper used. This then comes with all the fun of what used can mean: ruined finish, veneer chips, dents, busted drivers, etc.

Most of us here have some used gear and have updated/fixed them in some way. However, not all consumers want to do this, nor would they have the time or even knowledge.

A NEW speaker with everything working and in perfect shape is fantastic. Even though I do own some used gear, I will be buying these and have myself a set of pristine and amazing sounding speakers.

This. 1000x this.

It should be pretty clear to many of you that we are really trying to get some of you guys who haven't bought new Klipsch in 20+ years to branch out a bit and buy something new that appeals to you from Klipsch! B)

• Like 6

Good points - but I'm getting old and strapped for cash. No Forte redesign is going to hang with a pair of Klipschorns. I can live with issues related to the finish - the dings come along eventually anyways.

I do almost all of my daytime listening via Bluetooth with my iPhone. I've been looking at the NAD D3020, which I would run with a nice set of Jamos that I have. But now we have the very reasonably priced Powergate and the 15s - Klipsch will still get money out of me. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Chad said:

This. 1000x this.

It should be pretty clear to many of you that we are really trying to get some of you guys who haven't bought new Klipsch in 20+ years to branch out a bit and buy something new that appeals to you from Klipsch! B)

@Chad based on the feedback I'm seeing/reading on social media, Klipsch is achieving this goal. There will always be "naysayers" and negativity, but the feedback on the Forte iiis has been nothing short of amazing. 

Kudos to all involved!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Deang said:

No Forte redesign is going to hang with a pair of Klipschorns.

Certainly a matter of opinion.  "hang with"?  Depends on what you are comparing.

I see your point but realize that the stock Klipschorn new or used may not be everyone's cup of tea.  There are a lot of Klipsch RF7 II owners here that bought new.  Why didn't they use that doe to buy used Klipschorns?

I would spend $3800 on Forte III's way easier than $3800 RF7III and even way more easier on a nice used pair of stock Klipschorns for $3800.   I've recently auditioned Maggie 3.7i at cost of $7000 along side the same cost range competitors Vandersteen, Triton, and something else I can't remember.

Now, I can't say the same about a used pair of Jubes for $3800 though.  

$3800 on Forte III's is a score.

I have to say im extremely impressed with the new Klipsch offerings. Klipsch needed a new smaller footprint 3 way and the new Forte is an excellent idea. It looks like the mid horn is inspired by the Pro gear which is cool to see. Waiting to see the real world reception on the new RP horns then incorporating them into the RF-7 was a brilliant idea. The 15's are interesting but I would hope they have a passive option as well because they look great but I would like to hook them up to a component system. I am usually critical of company decisions and products but have to say that everything here is top notch and exactly where Klipsch needed to go. Very impressive guys. :emotion-21:

• Chad unfeatured this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic