Forte III

oldred

Klipsch Ces 2017 Forte

RETURN ENGAGEMENT

Back by popular demand, the Klipsch Forté III delivers classic Heritage performance with new retro-cool styling. Hand-made in Hope, AR, this sonic marvel packs a punch while providing clear, multi-dimensional sound. Forté’s narrow profile and clean lines harbor a wealth of advanced acoustic technology. As the first truly full-range speaker in the Heritage lineup, audiophiles will be impressed by Forté’s highly-efficient horn loaded tweeter and updated larger mid-range driver – both with new titanium diaphragms for a smoother response. The slim design houses a powerful 12” woofer and 15” passive radiator for jaw-dropping tight, enveloping bass.

• Like 7

Wow, this is incredible! My heart fluttered a little when I first read this. I wonder which mid horn they will use?  Hopefully not the same 701 as in the new Cornwall & Heresy as that would be taking a step back from the forte II. Exciting times we live in!

14 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Love my forte II, excited for the forte III. They just need to bring back it's bigger brother, the chorus III now.

With out a doubt!!

The Chorus is one of the best Klipsch has ever made.....IMHO They put out music that few speakers can match in there foot print.

Chorus III, Chorus III, Chorus III

I would really consider buying a Chorus III

MKP :-)

• Like 1

I am overly excited for the Forte III.

I also own the Chorus II and love them. I doubt the Chorus III would ever show up. The Chorus was meant to be the replacement for the Cornwall, but the purists complained and the Cornwall was brought back and Chorus removed. Since Klipsch has the Cornwall, I don't think there's a slot for the Chorus III.

This is the info from Rogelio Delgado Jr. that was posted from another forum QUOTE......

The tweeter is the same as the one in heresy and Cornwall. The mid is a 1.75" diap that has a phase plug I designed. The horn is my latest greatest tractrix used in some commercial product. And the voicing is....like it's supposed to be. Think ki 396..... The bass is tighter and more excursion. It has all the latest I have been taught and have learned. Come to the pilgrimage. I will have a surprise for all.

• Like 9

Yes, sad about not bringing back a Chorus III but it would be too similar to the Cornwall III and would probably easily best it at a lower price. After looking through the pictures I'm betting the new forte III has the same mid horn as the new "15" model. Looks like it would fit and can't really see Klipsch designing two completely new horns so similar.

Here's the demo pair of Forte III's setup in the Klipsch booth.  We've already had great feedback and the show hasn't even officially opened yet! 

I'll grab a better picture of the Forte III in California Black Walnut (also on display) and post it when I get a chance.

Kerry

IMG_1480.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:
5 minutes ago, istics said:

wow those look great !!!! cant wait to hear em....also wonder what the price tag will be?

Those are really nice looking!! I'm guessing price will be between 2900.00 to 3300.00

Edited by agreen60

15 minutes ago, dBspl said:

Here's the demo pair of Forte III's setup in the Klipsch booth.  We've already had great feedback and the show hasn't even officially opened yet! 

I'll grab a better picture of the Forte III in California Black Walnut (also on display) and post it when I get a chance.

Kerry

IMG_1480.JPG

Very nice, thanks for sharing! Any chance you could take a picture with the grill covers off?

1 hour ago, agreen60 said:

This is the info from Rogelio Delgado Jr. that was posted from another forum QUOTE......

The tweeter is the same as the one in heresy and Cornwall. The mid is a 1.75" diap that has a phase plug I designed. The horn is my latest greatest tractrix used in some commercial product. And the voicing is....like it's supposed to be. Think ki 396..... The bass is tighter and more excursion. It has all the latest I have been taught and have learned. Come to the pilgrimage. I will have a surprise for all.

With this quote from Chief Bonehead I'm a bit surprised the "lll" didn't follow the 396 and for that matter the re-designed KHorn (Jubilee) as a 2-way design. Although with obvious intention to follow past design criteria a new Forte would "need" to be 3-way much like the CWlll. The 2017 Pilgrammage might well be an eye opener. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes, sad about not bringing back a Chorus III but it would be too similar to the Cornwall III and would probably easily best it at a lower price. After looking through the pictures I'm betting the new forte III has the same mid horn as the new "15" model. Looks like it would fit and can't really see Klipsch designing two completely new horns so similar.

Yes, I understand the Chorus III would be similar to the Cornwall III. But imho the Chorus has always blown away the the Cornwall. 

I liked my Cornwalls when I had them and still think there a great speaker but they just can't hang with the Chorus.

and.......I am not complaning Klipsch has brought back the Forte`, I think it's great:D

MKP :-)

• Like 2