Forte III

oldred

They look fantastic and I'm sure they will be a big hit. One just need look at the demand for used Fortes to see how popular they are. Combine this with the fact they are a floor-stander but not too massive for modern tastes, and the fact that there is nothing else like them currently on the market...this may just be the sweet spot for sales.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm completely captivated by this and want to know more! I'd like to know about the 12" woofer as well as the mid horn. Some close up pictures of the info on the wall as well as pictures of the speakers with the grill covers off would be greatly appreciated! When is Klipsch taking orders for these and how much will they cost?

• Moderators

Well alot of people said a forte lll would be something they would be interested in and almost every review of the forte's is good, so I guess they were listening and came out the the third version. 

So they do look here :o

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

Well alot of people said a forte lll would be something they would be interested in and almost every review of the forte's is good, so I guess they were listening and came out the the third version. 

I've had Forte II's in my master bedroom for a few years now. Mated with a Sansui then an Onkyo integrated.   In the past there was a TT in my bedroom too.

This is astonishing and very welcome.

In my understanding, the Forte was very good. The review is posted someplace. But then Paul and others (Roy?) were convinced by Dr. Bruce Edgar to investigate the tractrix. The Forte (I) was apparently the mule. This brought forth the Forte II. Rumor has it that Paul had a pair in his office.

The Audio article on the tractrix is full of technical explanations. Still, the subjective experience is astounding. It certainly sounds "right" as compared to the exponential. I'm sure that just the sound caused the tractrix revolution. IIRC there was a behind the screen test at the first pilgrimage to Indy. One stood out and I'd like to think it was tractrix. We weren't told.

I'm very cynical about the way corporations function. As a tale here: I investigated an accident at small fruit processing plant in Oregon years ago. In the old days there was a cadre of dedicated and skilled workers. One worker commented: "Joe Smith" carried this place on his back. The new owners threw them all under the bus and replaced them with lesser men.  As if the old guard must be assinated for no good reason except to make room for the new. 

In that vein, the Forte II was likely the best of the neo-Heritage and PWK had breathed on it. I'm guessing that Roy breathed on the Forte III as we see.

It is a welcome surprise that the 25 year old design has been recognized and resurrected. It is too cynical of me to think that Klipsch Inc and Voxx have not been the keepers of the sound -- they're good. Still, here, they really took the long forgotten, dusty, and lost crown jewel out of the vault for a new generation to see and hear.

Many thanks for all involved the first time around and this second time.

It is being sold as a companion to vinyl.  It'll do well.  It is a good performer for digital too.

WMcD

• Like 5

Well ...I have to admit...Some one at Klipsch Inc (Voxx) must be listening

51 minutes ago, WMcD said:

This is astonishing and very welcome.

In my understanding, the Forte was very good. The review is posted someplace. But then Paul and others (Roy?) were convinced by Dr. Bruce Edgar to investigate the tractrix. The Forte (I) was apparently the mule. This brought forth the Forte II. Rumor has it that Paul had a pair in his office.

The Audio article on the tractrix is full of technical explanations. Still, the subjective experience is astounding. It certainly sounds "right" as compared to the exponential. I'm sure that just the sound caused the tractrix revolution. IIRC there was a behind the screen test at the first pilgrimage to Indy. One stood out and I'd like to think it was tractrix. We weren't told.

I'm very cynical about the way corporations function. As a tale here: I investigated an accident at small fruit processing plant in Oregon years ago. In the old days there was a cadre of dedicated and skilled workers. One worker commented: "Joe Smith" carried this place on his back. The new owners threw them all under the bus and replaced them with lesser men.  As if the old guard must be assinated for no good reason except to make room for the new. 

In that vein, the Forte II was likely the best of the neo-Heritage and PWK had breathed on it. I'm guessing that Roy breathed on the Forte III as we see.

It is a welcome surprise that the 25 year old design has been recognized and resurrected. It is too cynical of me to think that Klipsch Inc and Voxx have not been the keepers of the sound -- they're good. Still, here, they really took the long forgotten, dusty, and lost crown jewel out of the vault for a new generation to see and hear.

Many thanks for all involved the first time around and this second time.

It is being sold as a companion to vinyl.  It'll do well.  It is a good performer for digital too.

WMcD

+ 1 to this....Don't think I could say it any better.

George,

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, dtel said:

Kerry Geist deserves the credit for pushing the idea of reintroducing the forte. I didn't  think he could do it but he got it thru. By the way, all the 70th stuff and limited editions and anything related to real heritage is Kerry's idea. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

Kerry Geist deserves the credit for pushing the idea of reintroducing the forte. I didn't  think he could do it but he got it thru. By the way, all the 70th stuff and limited editions and anything related to real heritage is Kerry's idea. 

and we applaud his efforts. Carl will be tossing his all to Kerry come April. If he has the gumption to attend.........