Forte III

oldred

• Moderators

@Chief bonehead  How much more tweaking do you have to do, if any, to get them in final form for production? 

Did you play any music through those protos or just pink noise? :)  The sales guy in the video says "bass extension to about 32."  Is that going to cause you to pull your hair out? 

I bet the Delgados sound full and gordo.

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
Just now, dwilawyer said:

@Chief bonehead  How much more tweaking do you have to do, if any, to get them in final form for production? 

Did you play any music through those protos or just pink noise? :)  The sales guy in the video says "bass extension to about 32."  Is that going to cause you to pull your hair out? 

I bet the Delgados sound full and gordo.

just a few more tweaks....most everything else is set.  yea mark can get a bit.....confused. :)  they actually get down to 38 solid.  gordo...lol!  when i was younger my idol uncle would call be delgordo because i was a chunk when i was young!! :)  they are not the delgados....paul would probably call them unofficially...the klipsch senior delgado.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Chief bonehead said:

just a few more tweaks....most everything else is set.  yea mark can get a bit.....confused. :)  they actually get down to 38 solid.  gordo...lol!  when i was younger my idol uncle would call be delgordo because i was a chunk when i was young!! :)  they are not the delgados....paul would probably call them unofficially...the klipsch senior delgado.

1 minute ago, Chief bonehead said:

@Chief bonehead Even better.  When I start my write in letter campaign and petition (J/K, but maybe not), I will suggest the Logo badges read "Sr. Delgado, by Klipsch"

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

yea mark can get a bit.....confused. :)  they actually get down to 38 solid.

You have to love the sales and marketing guys, they give you something to shoot for, even if it might be impossible.  I wasn't even going to bring up what he said about the rating on sensitivity.  LOL. 

You have to love the prom photo has them hooked up to tubes. 

I would like to meet Mark, I believe he was the one that said he was at one time a Klipsch dealer and sold a lot of Sr. Delgado 1's. 

You should make him come down to Gathering/Pilgrimage and we can slot him for a sixty minute Q and A as part of the official program and he can defend all of the numbers, dates and prices he "anticipates,"  "approximates" and "targets" in those videos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

with the forte iii, i saw the opportunity to update with as many tricks as i could...i am convinced that paul would approve.  

Hey Chief-

I noticed the mid horn on the Forte III looks very similar to the smaller Pro Audio horns. What engineering or technology do the Forte III's take from the Pro line? I have always considered the Pro stuff to me more of a no holds barred skunk works type area with the Jub etc. so its cool to see designs come to the home market.

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

"with the forte iii, i saw the opportunity to update with as many tricks as i could...i am convinced that paul would approve."

@Chief bonehead, otherwise we would not have a forte iii!  I'm sure he's smiling down, thinking "job well done my son". 

+ 1 to that ....really looking forward to hearing them.

George,

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, twk123 said:

I have always considered the Pro stuff to me more of a no holds barred skunk works type area

It does smell a little in there :huh:................................................depending on wind direction

24 minutes ago, twk123 said:

so its cool to see designs come to the home market.

It is cool, because it's where some of the best designs come from.

Well I think so anyway, but I am biased.

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, twk123 said:

Hey Chief-

I noticed the mid horn on the Forte III looks very similar to the smaller Pro Audio horns. What engineering or technology do the Forte III's take from the Pro line? I have always considered the Pro stuff to me more of a no holds barred skunk works type area with the Jub etc. so its cool to see designs come to the home market.

one thing i learned from paul was that it shouldnt matter what you hook up to a speaker, whether its a cd or live band, it should reproduce the signal as faithfully as possible.  so i didnt design horns, drivers, speakers thinking that it for commercial.  and only until recently, they were not different paths for consumer or commercial.....soooooo from my perspective, the horns and drivers and the concept of tying them together are no different for me.  whether for commercial or consumer, from an acoustic perspective, its the same.  

the horns are used in commercial products.  the compression drivers are used in commercial products.  the woofers are used in commercial products.  how the network is designed is the same method i use for commercial products.  

in a sense you are right about commercial tech, because in the commercial world, almost everyone uses horns, compression drivers, etc.  so we have to be very sensitive to that fact.

if you ever have a chance, listen to ki-396 for instance and tell me what you think.  

• Like 5

@Chief bonehead it is great to read about your philosophy in design and how you honor Paul. It is rare these days to see people like yourself with so much heart, passion, and respect for what you do. 

Thank you for all that you do. You are keeping the spirit of Klipsch alive, and giving generations to come the gift of music. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, Grizzog said:

@Chief bonehead it is great to read about your philosophy in design and how you honor Paul. It is rare these days to see people like yourself with so much heart, passion, and respect for what you do. 

Thank you for all that you do. You are keeping the spirit of Klipsch alive, and giving generations to come the gift of music. 

This...and his brain is why I love him so much!  @Chief bonehead

• Like 1

Ok great.  This helps. 

Anyone know the "name" of the midrange driver?

I am so fired-up about this speaker coming out.  I have the place where they will go.....already setup. 

Forte III backs about 2 feet from the wall.  10 feet apart.  I'll sit 16 Feet away from the front of the Forte III.

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, mike stehr said:

The KI-396 is a tough speaker...

http://www.klipsch.com/blog/tag/ki-396/

"Klipsch does not have a “stress test” that involves a car ramming our professional speakers at full speed, but we are proud to have offerings that can fit just about any purpose."

The sound is incredible!

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, jwc said:

Ok great.  This helps. 

I am so fired-up about this speaker coming out.  I have the place where they will go.....already setup. 

Forte III backs about 2 feet from the wall.  10 feet apart.  I'll sit 16 Feet away from the front of the Forte III.

@Chief bonehead  

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, jwc said:

Ok great.  This helps. 

midrange..... :)

k-70

• Like 1

Ok.  I failed.  I was trying to find somewhere else that midrange was used.

One last question and I will quit the piddle.

What is the size of the throat on the midhorn?

Man I hope this comes out before summer.