Forte III

oldred

17 hours ago, Dawson's Ridge said:

You have a friendly audience here but Klipsch Heritage barely gets a blip of interest in the serious audiophile marketplace. Many associate Klipsch with cheap product sold at Best Buy. Whether or not Klipsch Heritage sounds better or not (debatable) the majority would rather have a Sonus Faber on display in their living room.  

Sonus Faber are awful. I have yet to hear a pair of that overpriced Italian furniture that I care for. 

These Forte 3 are the first new manufacture speakers that I've been excited about under 5 grand. Up till I heard about these three days ago I was looking at Audio Note, Devore or Tannoy as possible replacements down the road for my Cornwalls. Can't wait to hear these.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Dawson's Ridge said:

You have a friendly audience here but Klipsch Heritage barely gets a blip of interest in the serious audiophile marketplace. Many associate Klipsch with cheap product sold at Best Buy. Whether or not Klipsch Heritage sounds better or not (debatable) the majority would rather have a Sonus Faber on display in their living room.  

Most of the serious audiophiles i have meti n my lifetime use horns, the others have their wives running the show.

• Like 8

i never had the forte or his big brother. finally got some Heritage grill cloth on them. never did like the original cloth

HOPEfully these will fly off the shelf so the hard working boys and girls at Hope will continue

add Mahogany to the veneer list

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Grasshopper. I expect more from you as you have attended a few jubefest. Paul did not have an emotional attachment. I have an emotional attachment to paul.  I understand what you are saying but right now, I just won't.  I hope you find a mentor and friend like I did in paul and then maybe some day you will understand. 

I am so immensely grateful to have a few mentors similar to what you had with Paul. However, they are always encouraging me to stand on their shoulders and improve on their years of experience. They even let me argue with them and learn things the hard way. :) Granted, they're nowhere near as awesome as PWK. He (Paul) was off the charts brilliant and way ahead of his time. I'm still amazed at the beauty of his engineering.

Maybe it's different being mentored by someone with an unobtainable gifting?

Btw, I think many here realize your own gifting too....who was it that pushed Paul onto Tractrix? Ya sure, it took a team to present it in his language, but that initial spark of imagination certainly shouldn't be ignored. Not saying that gives you or anyone privilege to "rip apart" Paul's designs, but I think you probably understand best the method behind the madness.

I think it's testament to Paul's foresight that his Heritage speakers still sound so good today. I could understand preserving the original designs. Does that mean there couldn't be new products inspired by a Roy standing on Paul's shoulders? I like the way you voice speakers - which makes me more excited about the Forte III. Although that Fifteens system is exactly what I've been dreaming of for several years now...so I'll probably buy one of those once life starts to settle down a bit.

5 hours ago, Budman said:

i never had the forte or his big brother. finally got some Heritage grill cloth on them. never did like the original cloth

HOPEfully these will fly off the shelf so the hard working boys and girls at Hope will continue

add Mahogany to the veneer list

@Budman

What cloth did you put on them Russ?

Mark

21 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Best Buy at $3600? Uhhhhh....

Jimbo - I had to check to see if what stated was true and it is, sort of. I don't see where they currently carry Mcintosh but I know for a fact that a small Mc dealer/repair center in my area gave up the line when BB/Magnolia got the line, maybe 2-3 years ago. I do see where they carry the hi-end B&W Diamonds at $20K+ and $3-4K Denon and Arcam A/V processors. But the BB has to have a Magnolia showroom to see these lines. There are a couple in my area (that I never visit). 

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, DrWho said:

I am so immensely grateful to have a few mentors similar to what you had with Paul. However, they are always encouraging me to stand on their shoulders and improve on their years of experience. They even let me argue with them and learn things the hard way. :) Granted, they're nowhere near as awesome as PWK. He (Paul) was off the charts brilliant and way ahead of his time. I'm still amazed at the beauty of his engineering.

Maybe it's different being mentored by someone with an unobtainable gifting?

Btw, I think many here realize your own gifting too....who was it that pushed Paul onto Tractrix? Ya sure, it took a team to present it in his language, but that initial spark of imagination certainly shouldn't be ignored. Not saying that gives you or anyone privilege to "rip apart" Paul's designs, but I think you probably understand best the method behind the madness.

I think it's testament to Paul's foresight that his Heritage speakers still sound so good today. I could understand preserving the original designs. Does that mean there couldn't be new products inspired by a Roy standing on Paul's shoulders? I like the way you voice speakers - which makes me more excited about the Forte III. Although that Fifteens system is exactly what I've been dreaming of for several years now...so I'll probably buy one of those once life starts to settle down a bit.

paul always encouraged me and wanted independent thought from me.  he almost always answered my questions with questions.  paul also used the saying "standing on the shoulders of giants".  i have been inspired by paul and others but it is just kinda of a very personal thing when it comes to his speakers even though acoustics is just a small part of what i learned from paul.  i wrote once that i have learned alot of things from paul.....some of it was speakers.  lets just say that maybe someday, i will play with them.... when i feel that i have 'earned it'.  i have some stuff cooking that is totally "paul w klipsch inspired". we will see.....and no i will not talk about it grasshopper.

• Like 3

@Chief, you are obviously a humble man. "Earned it"? Klipsch and Delgado occupy a space in my mind like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. You are hall of fame already. While I'm at it, let me add that Palladiums are amazing and I am very proud and grateful to have them. Whatever you have cooking, and being that it is Paul Klipsch inspired, then I hope it is named the Klipsch Delgado. I will buy any speaker named Klipsch Delgado. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Great info and insite Roy! I always enjoy what you have to say, I learn something new about some history of Paul and the company! What a blessing to have such a mentor like him!! I own the original Forte's (love them) and the first version CF-4's which I think are one the best speakers ever produced by Klipsch; and all thanks to you Roy! (CF-4 MK II someday???)  ;) But I agree with what was mentioned above; any thing that was designed or touched by Roy is truly a fantastic speaker! I look forward to the release of the Forte'III's!!!

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, rgdawsonco said:

@Chief, you are obviously a humble man. "Earned it"? Klipsch and Delgado occupy a space in my mind like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig. You are hall of fame already. While I'm at it, let me add that Palladiums are amazing and I am very proud and grateful to have them. Whatever you have cooking, and being that it is Paul Klipsch inspired, then I hope it is named the Klipsch Delgado. I will buy any speaker named Klipsch Delgado. :-)

This +1000!  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rjk1972 said:

Up till I heard about these three days ago I was looking at Audio Note, Devore or Tannoy as possible replacements down the road for my Cornwalls. 

You are apparently a real believer in Klipsch product. For Klipsch sake, let's hope there are not too many more dedicated owners like you out there.   

On 1/9/2017 at 10:24 AM, jjptkd said:

Yes, I was waiting for someone to bring this up as I feel the same way. Where would we be today if all businesses acted this way, driving model T's out of fear of disrespecting Henry Ford? I did not know Paul Klipsch but I would have to imagine that if he were alive today and in the "Chiefs" shoes he would certainly be developing speakers of today and not yesteryear.

Be careful what you wish for. Many, many "speakers of today" are made in China. 

Sadly many of the speaker that have employed today's tech seem to have become to bright, built cheaply and won't have the quality they did years ago before abandoning their country. (There are exceptions)

So I'll gladly have a speaker built of quality, employing "my neighbor" while at the same time perhaps be a little bit behind the times in sound. If that were true. There seems to be a formula here that works if looking at my local ads are any indication of Klipsch desirability. I see none. So it's steady as she goes and stay the course.

Finally, let's be honest here. There is no perfect speaker. I assure you I can go out and buy that Dynaudio Consequence, or Martin Logan Neolith speaker and "wish" they would do this & that with it. That goes for any live opera, gig, symphony, CD, records etc and as long as were human we'll never be happy with it.

Just sit back and enjoy the performance.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dawson's Ridge said:

You are apparently a real believer in Klipsch product. For Klipsch sake, let's hope there are not too many more dedicated owners like you out there.   

Don't get me wrong. I will find a way listen to them but I really do enjoy the Klipsch Heritage and "Extended Heritage Range". I remember when they sold all of them in a shop called Here's Radio in L.A., great stuff. Back then the natural compatition there were from a few upstart speaker companies called Vandersteen, Snell, Mirage, and B&W. You tell people you really liked the Chorus 2s and people would be all over you recommending one of those other models. Well 25 years later a minty pair of those same Cornwall, Chorus or Forte are still in demand and go for decent Money and go surprisingly quickly for their size. Old models from those other brands, not so much. I hope my local Best Buy has them in their Magnolia Show Room. If they don't I'll be taking a road trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rxonmymind said:

Be careful what you wish for. Many, many "speakers of today" are made in China. 

Sadly many of the speaker that have employed today's tech seem to have become to bright, built cheaply and won't have the quality they did years ago before abandoning their country. (There are exceptions)

So I'll gladly have a speaker built of quality, employing "my neighbor" while at the same time perhaps be a little bit behind the times in sound. If that were true. There seems to be a formula here that works if looking at my local ads are any indication of Klipsch desirability. I see none. So it's steady as she goes and stay the course.

Finally, let's be honest here. There is no perfect speaker. I assure you I can go out and buy that Dynaudio Consequence, or Martin Logan Neolith speaker and "wish" they would do this & that with it. That goes for any live opera, gig, symphony, CD, records etc and as long as were human we'll never be happy with it.

Just sit back and enjoy the performance.

Exactly. All speakers are a compromise. I remember hearing a pair of Magico at AXPONA a couple of years ago and thinking "wow what's all the hype about". I always have found it amusing how my fellow audiophiles and the industry magazines tend to fuss about how Klipsch don't measure perfect. Then they give rave reviews to brands like Audio Note and Devore that also don't measure "like they should". Now I love those two brands of speakers. In fact I like all their models. Just seems funny how people seem to pounce on Klipsch for using old tech that doesn't hold up to modern measurements while praising other companies that do similar things and throwing them on lists like "Class A" recommended components.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rgdawsonco said:

Or, if that's not simple enough for commercial naming, why not the Klipsch "Royal" for Roy?

• Like 1

Question for the Chief Bonehead.  I have to admit to being a bit confused. The Heresy, Cornwall and LaScala have all been updated in one way or another, and the Klipschorn has occasionally gotten it's bass bin enclosed for special editions, all presumably with your input and direction. Yet I understand completely when you talk about your reluctance to change any of PWK's original designs out of your respect and admiration for the man. What in your mind is the dividing line that you are unwilling to cross? Or am I wrong about your involvement in the updates I mentioned?