Forte III

oldred

Personally, I'd like to see them offer two LaScalas (ducking from the Wrath of Roy!)

One would be whatever standard is...  the second would have a different motorboard on the tophat and would be an option to have a K510 in there.

Same bottom, same top box other than different cutout.

where is that suggestion box...:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin S said:

Question for the Chief Bonehead.  I have to admit to being a bit confused. The Heresy, Cornwall and LaScala have all been updated in one way or another, and the Klipschorn has occasionally gotten it's bass bin enclosed for special editions, all presumably with your input and direction. Yet I understand completely when you talk about your reluctance to change any of PWK's original designs out of your respect and admiration for the man. What in your mind is the dividing line that you are unwilling to cross? Or am I wrong about your involvement in the updates I mentioned?

Good question. This was pulled from one of his replies to me earlier in the thread:

"Paul is not alive anymore.....and we never discussed updating his speakers from a horn perspective."

I believe the idea is to keep the Heritage line with the exponential mid horn, which is why the Cornwall III is stuck with the k-701 horn since the k-601 horn mold was lost and the k-401 will not fit but I may be wrong.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:29 AM, agreen60 said:

Klipsch Ces 2017 Forte

RETURN ENGAGEMENT

Back by popular demand, the Klipsch Forté III delivers classic Heritage performance with new retro-cool styling. Hand-made in Hope, AR, this sonic marvel packs a punch while providing clear, multi-dimensional sound. Forté’s narrow profile and clean lines harbor a wealth of advanced acoustic technology. As the first truly full-range speaker in the Heritage lineup, audiophiles will be impressed by Forté’s highly-efficient horn loaded tweeter and updated larger mid-range driver – both with new titanium diaphragms for a smoother response. The slim design houses a powerful 12” woofer and 15” passive radiator for jaw-dropping tight, enveloping bass.

Wow..Well it's about time! As far as I concerned my favorite all time klipsch speakers "as far as sound quality" were,two models. Chorus ii,and Forte ii's. I cannot use my RSW 15 sub any longer,because my neighbor says it shakes his house,and I would like to eliminate it all together. My wife and I just bought my home but out of respect for my neighbor's I'm just going to have to part with this  even at low volume this is just too powerful. I'm confused because I'm new here and I'm not sure if I could even comment that Iwould be willing to sell it,  I don't want to break any rules on this forum.I cannot wait to listen to a set of Forte ii's..I would like a set of speakers that do not require an additional sub.

Edited by Klipschguy207

1 minute ago, Klipschguy207 said:

Wow..Well it's about time! As far as I concerned my favorite all time klipsch speakers "as far as sound quality" were,two models. Chorus ii,and Forte ii's. I cannot use my RSW 15 sub any longer,because my neighbor says it shakes his house. I'm confused because I'm new here and I'm not sure if I could even say that I'm selling it but I am I don't want to break any rules anyways I cannot wait to listen to a set of Forte ii's..

If you want to list stuff for sale this is a great link for that basically the classifieds section of the message board.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/63-garage-sale/

I'd be interested in your rsw15 depending on your location.

• Like 1

Wow..Well it's about time! As far as I concerned my favorite all time klipsch speakers "as far as sound quality" were,two models. Chorus ii,and Forte ii's. I cannot use my RSW 15 sub any longer,because my neighbor says it shakes his house. I'm confused because I'm new here and I'm not sure if I could even say that I'm selling it but I am I don't want to break any rules anyways I cannot wait to listen to a set of Forte ii's..

14 hours ago, Klipschguy207 said:

I would like a set of speakers that do not require an additional sub.

I believe the new Forte III was made for you. Includes new Tractrix midrange and according to the speaker designer "solid bass down to 38Hz". Double bass only goes to 41Hz. Not much, if at all, below that unless you listen to organ.   

12 hours ago, Dawson's Ridge said:

I believe the new Forte III was made for you. Includes new Tractrix midrange and according to the speaker designer "solid bass down to 38Hz". Double bass only goes to 41Hz. Not much, if at all, below that unless you listen to organ.   

Or movies

3 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

All I know is that my favorite sounding traditional style speaker with direct radiating woofers is the KI-396-sma-ii, and when Roy says these are voiced similarly, that's all I need to hear.  

Was it the KI-396s' that were setup outside during the plant tour this past pilgrimage?

Thanks

JJ

1 hour ago, Grizzog said:

So it's been about a week...can I buy these now?

I already have part numbers, they're apparently already taking orders. :)  I was told that they won't show up for about another 6 months or so though.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Was it the KI-396s' that were setup outside during the plant tour this past pilgrimage?

Thanks

JJ

Yes, I had two of them set up in my theater room, just ridiculously nice, zero fatigue, very natural voices, nice thick snaps from the beater on the skin of a kick drum, deep cymbal crashes that were not painful, I absolutely loved them.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

All I know is that my favorite sounding traditional style speaker with direct radiating woofers is the KI-396-sma-ii, and when Roy says these are voiced similarly, that's all I need to hear.  

I agree, the KI 396 sounds better than I would have ever expected. I had over 10 weeks listening to them in Arkansas last year and they surprised me everyday.

If the Forte lll is similarly voiced it will be a big hit, no doubt.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Because it's fun and you guys/gals are so easy!   I can't say anything yet, but I will soon!!!

Not to rain on your parade but I have heard "through the grapevine" that everyone who has made a positive comment in this thread receives a free pair, first production run of the Flll. No need to comment until "rumor" is confirmed but I for one am very excited with the generous offer from Hope. (Hold mine in Hope, I'll arrange pickup, thanks).

• Like 2