Forte III

oldred

44 minutes ago, RTR said:

My new Forte .  Pictures in the blog. http://www.klipsch.com/blog/klipsch-ces-2017-recap/

Does anyone know if what was shown at CES are anniversary issues with their higher prices? Are the ones shown the standard finishes with $1800 price tag.  I can't really go higher price for the finishes shown.

I was told by the local dealer that I could preorder $1800 ea. 50% down/mid May

Patiently waiting on the anouncement @dtel's wife

#1063972 FORTE III MATTE BLACK
#1064222 FORTE III STANDARD WALNUT
#1064223 FORTE III CHERRY
#1064224 FORTE III CALIFORNIA BLACK WALNUT

• Like 2

Just as a friendly reminder, anyone ordering the new Forte III should take into account it's dimensions. Because horn speakers are directional the preference is normally that either the HF or MF drivers be centered at ear level. I don't yet know the dimensions of the new Forte III but the Forte II was only about 35.5" tall.

When I received my P-37F speakers the owner's manual recommended a sitting position where the MF horns and my ears were centered. This caused me to have to change listening chairs where my ears were centered at 39.5" up from the floor. It certainly made a difference in sound quality > taking advantage of Tractrix MF maximum power transfer to the listening position.   

A primary reason why I never owned Forte was it's diminutive size, opting for the larger (more suitable listening position) Chorus instead. 

6 hours ago, LeeW said:

I was told by the local dealer that I could preorder $1800 ea. 50% down/mid May

Patiently waiting on the anouncement @dtel's wife

#1063972 FORTE III MATTE BLACK
#1064222 FORTE III STANDARD WALNUT
#1064223 FORTE III CHERRY
#1064224 FORTE III CALIFORNIA BLACK WALNUT

Lee, did your dealer give you an idea of what grill color/material comes with the four finishes listed?  Can we pick among several different grills?

There were two different grills shown at CES, and I assume there will be a standard black...

Thanks for the information. I don't have a dealer close to me that handles Klipsch.

13 hours ago, jvs1670 said:

I noticed the ad also says that the FIII is the 1st truly full range heritage speaker....what the hell are the other ones?   Didn't realize my Khorns, Scalas and Cornwalls were essentially large bookshelf speakers...so these aren't full range speakers.  Really?

Where is this ad?

Nevermind....found it:

RETURN ENGAGEMENT
Back by popular demand, the Klipsch Forté III delivers classic Heritage performance with new retro-cool styling. Hand-made in Hope, AR, this sonic marvel packs a punch while providing clear, multi-dimensional sound. Forté’s narrow profile and clean lines harbor a wealth of advanced acoustic technology. As the first truly full-range speaker in the Heritage lineup, audiophiles will be impressed by Forté’s highly-efficient horn loaded tweeter and updated larger mid-range driver – both with new titanium diaphragms for a smoother response. The slim design houses a powerful 12” woofer and 15” passive radiator for jaw-dropping tight, enveloping bass.

On 1/15/2017 at 3:09 PM, jimjimbo said:

OK then, pictures or it never happened… did chief bonehead meet you at the front steps and help you load them into your truck?

No, but he did put on a tutu and did a demonstration dance while subjecting them to some Reba McEntire in the lab... it was one of those things that they can never 'unsee'.... 

• Like 1

I like some of the comments from a 2007 thread on another forum about the Forte II...

"""Folks,

If you have never heard these or owned them...well...I recv'd a loaner and I am in shock.

Paired simply with a .75W Bob Danielak Darling Tube amp and any source: iPOD, SACD Machine, Tuner....tube preamp and Tube or SS Tuner...in shock.

I have had the priviledge of owning and listening through many loaners: Jensen Triplex, Kustom 300 dual JBL D130s with a Altec 511 Horn - with Atlas Phenolic driver, Altec A7's and even the blessed Klipsch Corner Horn and LaScalla...shock.

Maybe it's the phenolic drivers...my Hypex Horn in the Jensen Triplex once it was re-diaphraghmed did not sound as good with a Titanium Diaphram.

These blow away just about anything I have heard."""

..."""the Forte' II's should be recommended to Klipsch for a re-issue, Like the Heresey's etc. The best sounding pair of speakers I've ever had."""

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/revelation-klipsch-forte-ii-1990s.111415/

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 7:16 AM, jvs1670 said:

I noticed the ad also says that the FIII is the 1st truly full range heritage speaker....what the hell are the other ones?   Didn't realize my Khorns, Scalas and Cornwalls were essentially large bookshelf speakers...so these aren't full range speakers.  Really?

I reread that several times trying to wrap my head around it.

Maybe it is a typo and should read "the latest truly full range..." Or maybe "the first of several updated truly full range..."

Edited by Confab
redundant word

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:49 AM, Dawson's Ridge said:

Just as a friendly reminder, anyone ordering the new Forte III should take into account it's dimensions. Because horn speakers are directional the preference is normally that either the HF or MF drivers be centered at ear level. I don't yet know the dimensions of the new Forte III but the Forte II was only about 35.5" tall.

When I received my P-37F speakers the owner's manual recommended a sitting position where the MF horns and my ears were centered. This caused me to have to change listening chairs where my ears were centered at 39.5" up from the floor. It certainly made a difference in sound quality > taking advantage of Tractrix MF maximum power transfer to the listening position.   

A primary reason why I never owned Forte was it's diminutive size, opting for the larger (more suitable listening position) Chorus instead. 

I had this same problem with my last pair of forte II's. All I did was place a 1" block under the front edge of the speakers to slightly angle them up so I was staring straight down the barrel of the mid horn and problem solved. Yes, it made a huge difference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I had this same problem with my last pair of forte II's. All I did was place a 1" block under the front edge of the speakers to slightly angle them up so I was staring straight down the barrel of the mid horn and problem solved. Yes, it made a huge difference.

Are you guys sitting at Cocktail tables.!!! B)

You need a low rider chair.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 1:00 AM, dtel said:

I am sure he would appreciate that, well I'm positive he would, especially if he can pick the music.

Nah. We have to force him to listen to the same CD we heard him play over and over and over years ago in the lab........followed by nothing but Pink Noise for dessert!!

On 1/17/2017 at 7:16 AM, jvs1670 said:

Depends on whether or not you use a sub. Full range to me is anything from 40 to 80 Hz. low end cutoff. Even Jubilees work well with good front horn or tapped horn subs if you want to get that last octave with diminishing returns on most music otherwise known as the "elusive 20 Hz."

3 hours ago, Confab said:

I reread that several times trying to wrap my head around it.

Maybe it is a typo and should read "the latest truly full range..." Or maybe "the first of several updated updated truly full range..."

F II rated to 32 hz, Roy earlier claimed only 38 hz for the F III.  Hmmm.