Forte III

oldred

On 2/3/2017 at 1:30 PM, John Chi-town said:

All documentation that I have from my pair purchased in 1992 shows a bottom response of 32HZ.  As well as documentation on the Klipsch website.  I believe that the new forte III will probably become the most popular, best selling speaker in the current Heritage/Extended Heritage lineup.  However at $3,600 a pair, I will stick with my modified II's.  Upgraded mid and tweeter diaphragms to titanium and put in a Crites made band pass rollover between squawker and tweeter.  So, INMHO pretty darn close to a Forte III, along with a better low end.

Or you could always hop on 14 head northwest about 4 miles and hear my wife's pair....

George,

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 2/3/2017 at 11:05 AM, Ski Bum said:

Thanks for the feedback, Roy.  Always a pleasure to interact with the Chief.

I still have gobs of questions.  I suppose I want to know all the secret forte sauce.  I may have to visit in April and ply Roy with bourbon to get the answers.  But if measurements are done better these days, I'm curious about those in the spec sheets for the earlier fortes (here and here).  Both of those show extension below 38 hz.  Presumably those measurements were taken in Klipsch's anechoic chamber, but for that extension, there must be more going on.  Were they measured utilizing the false corners that were used for KHorn testing by chance?  

Yep, come to Hope. Your questions will be answered. 

• Moderators
Just now, Chief bonehead said:

dtel's wife is no fun.....when she isnt looking, we will have a question and answer.....but as the computer told the people who wanted to know the answer to the question of life......you might not like the answer...... :)

I already told you to stop picking on me. I'm not going to be your friend anymore!  Why do you do this???  :wub:

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

naw.  just making it up....

So was it just the forte II that was not measured correctly or is it safe to say that all printed spec's before a certain date are not to be believed? You say you got better at testing, what does that even mean? Equipment changes?

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, CarlMay said:

Are there any official specs for the forte lll yet?

I heard thru the grapevine if you buy 3 of the new Forte 3s, they give you 2 more for the price of one so you will have a 5.0 Forte 3 surround system. I brings the cost down under 1500 per

Mark

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, jjptkd said:

So the insinuation here is that the forte II didn't actually have a frequency response down to 32hz? Do you have data to support that or is this just speculation?

The new woofers in the forte III use the accordion style surround and presumably thinner cone usually designed for mid and upper bass frequencies where as the forte II woofer used more of a "sub" style rubber surround with a thick papered cone which typically do better in the lower frequencies. Is there a model number out yet for the new woofer?

Mark

4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

dtel's wife is no fun.....when she isnt looking, we will have a question and answer.....but as the computer told the people who wanted to know the answer to the question of life......you might not like the answer...... :)

@Chief bonehead According to the Life of Brian

Always look on the bright side of life do do do do dodododo

Mark