Forte III

oldred

On 2/2/2017 at 7:34 PM, Chief bonehead said:

38 is it.  we measure a little better these days.....

On 2/3/2017 at 11:11 AM, jjptkd said:

So the insinuation here is that the forte II didn't actually have a frequency response down to 32hz? Do you have data to support that or is this just speculation?

The new woofers in the forte III use the accordion style surround and presumably thinner cone usually designed for mid and upper bass frequencies where as the forte II woofer used more of a "sub" style rubber surround with a thick papered cone which typically do better in the lower frequencies. Is there a model number out yet for the new woofer?

In response to the first quote, the question was asked in the second quote. I found it to be a simple and straightforward question.

20 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

You need to quit saying things that I didn't say. 

Here's a play by play of what was said:

On 1/24/2017 at 11:15 AM, Ski Bum said:

Very interesting.

I've always appreciated my forte II for their excellent bass response, a remarkable juggling act of extension, sensitivity, cab size, and tight, well defined bass.  Is it possible that the relative weakness in bass in your old fortes is due to your comparably huge room, and that you have your fortes perched up on big bass bins, off the floor and away from walls?

Also curious as to extension...original forte, forte II spec 32 (I get that sort of extension in room here, easily), but Roy said the III's only go to 38 hz.  Typo?

Better start saving those ducats for the III and some Fifteens.

On 2/2/2017 at 6:34 PM, Chief bonehead said:

38 is it.  we measure a little better these days.....

On 2/3/2017 at 10:11 AM, jjptkd said:

So the insinuation here is that the forte II didn't actually have a frequency response down to 32hz? Do you have data to support that or is this just speculation?

The new woofers in the forte III use the accordion style surround and presumably thinner cone usually designed for mid and upper bass frequencies where as the forte II woofer used more of a "sub" style rubber surround with a thick papered cone which typically do better in the lower frequencies. Is there a model number out yet for the new woofer?

On 2/4/2017 at 5:27 PM, Chief bonehead said:

naw.  just making it up....

So you didn't say it directly but the insinuation is there or, you really were making it up and the spec's are correct?

Chief bonehead

• Forum Veteran
  •  
  • Chief bonehead
  • Regulars
  • 443 posts
18 hours ago, jjptkd said:

So you didn't say it directly but the insinuation is there or, you really were making it up and the spec's are correct?

Done. You don't get it  see ya!!   As I told deano , I don't owe you anything.   

1 hour ago, jwc said:

I would hate to see the first thread on Forte III be tarnished with arguing.

Maybe the Forte II was -10dB at 32Hz and -3dB at 38Hz.  Doesn't matter to me.....just want em'. 

Totally Agree. Saving money now.  I enjoy chief bonehead giving us bits and pieces. I figure anyone with a screen name of "bonehead" has a personality I understand...

• Like 6

4 hours ago, John Chi-town said:

Chief bonehead

• Forum Veteran
  •  
  • Chief bonehead
  • Regulars
  • 443 posts

Done. You don't get it  see ya!!   As I told deano , I don't owe you anything.   

No Patron. You do owe us. You owe us outstanding speaker design and you continue to do just that.  

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, jjptkd said:

"So the insinuation here is that the forte II didn't actually have a frequency response down to 32hz? Do you have data to support that or is this just speculation?"

Yea the Bonehead works on spec and has no data to provide. They are in Are Kansas, technology hasn't quite caught up to them yet. Rodney lucked into his property, every so often them guys in overalls fall into it.

You should see the video of Dtel's wife chasing the chickens around the farm with a hatchet, now that is special.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ZEUS121996 said:

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, jjptkd said:

"So the insinuation here is that the forte II didn't actually have a frequency response down to 32hz? Do you have data to support that or is this just speculation?"

Yea the Bonehead works on spec and has no data to provide. They are in Are Kansas, technology hasn't quite caught up to them yet. Rodney lucked into his property, every so often them guys in overalls fall into it.

You should see the video of Dtel's wife chasing the chickens around the farm with a hatchet, now that is special.

And...those folks in Arkansas have never heard of moonshine...heck I know folks in Texas that have never heard of moonshine!

IMG_4688.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jwc said:

Maybe the Forte II was -10dB at 32Hz and -3dB at 38Hz.  Doesn't matter to me.....just want em'. 

Well, that probably isn't the case when comparing the curves of Cornwall II and Forte I.  These speakers were made close to same time.

Forte1-vs-CW2.jpg

6 hours ago, richieb said:

That's the attitude to take fellas, keep pestering the Bonehead with courtroom type questions. He will surely want to contribute  here more often. What is the purpose of all this anyway? 

That is a very good question.

Why the attitude? What are you guys trying to accomplish?

Looking at the brochures of the extended KG line and the extended Heritage line from the past.....published specs still show Forte II with the lowest extension.

I had KG 5.2's also mated with Carver for years.  Very good bass like my Forte II's I have.  Maybe I'm a passive radiator guy and I didn't know it.

Brochure-Heritage-1997.pdf

Brochure-Klipsch-KG-series.pdf

• Like 1