Forte III

oldred

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, The Apex said:

Do I have to attend the pilgrimage to get in on buying a set of the Forte III in the limited veneers?

No the pilgrimage is just for everyone to get together and listen to music and :pwk_bs:, feed the plant workers lunch plus hear speakers that are not out yet (forte lll) and tour the plant. Mostly just have a good time.

Also there will be Jubs and a sub set up to play with inside and some BIG speakers and subs outside to play music on and the bands will play through them. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 7:14 PM, oldtimer said:

Somewhere with cruel winters, and crueler people

Speaking some strange foreign language

Like fargo or the great white north

where you are stoned, immaculate 

9 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Are those grills beveled like the original or are they flat and flush?  Looks flush in some and beveled in others.  An option?

oldtimer, I must be one too, like your choice in rock`n'roll bands. Didn't ever see the one from the lyrics, but in the mid 80's saw three way opposing waves in Greensboro from the one your avatar makes me think of!!

Maximus89, I know the tweed multicolors on the previous page seem beveled. Pic on the first page is like silver luster with gold lighting on it, that and the wool cloth seem flush.

I've just rotated my two credit cards I use to a new zero-percent-er yesterday. Six months equals no balance for me!!

Fight interest, quit charging when they start to charge you!

I WILL be rockin' some Blk CA Walnut Forte IIIs by the holidays!!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Maximus89, I know the tweed multicolors on the previous page seem beveled. Pic on the first page is like silver luster with gold lighting on it, that and the wool cloth seem flush.

The matte black with multicolored grill that looks beveled was maybe an early photoshop using the Forte II and the one from CES is the actual grill which is flush? That's my guess anyway...

Yea in the ces vid those white wool gauze looking ones do look flush I love that wood might deal with the light colored grill just to get it! That pic I put on page 23 I got from searching the Klipsch site after I found out about these this week. That's how I got to this thread.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, The Apex said:

I would go for the Armadillo over the Possum option.

Ya'll need to get this right!!! An Armadillo is just possum on the half shell. Not as messy cause you have a shell to hold onto, kinda like a taco shell.:wacko:

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Yea in the ces vid those white wool gauze looking ones do look flush I love that wood might deal with the light colored grill just to get it! That pic I put on page 23 I got from searching the Klipsch site after I found out about these this week. That's how I got to this thread.

The ones we heard at Roy's house had flush grill's. I don't know if things like grill colors and material has been worked out yet ? I don't think every little detail was worked out at that time, they were still playing wth them, but they sure did sound good, they have a similar tone as the 396. Roy said the same thing, I guess they were voiced similar, whatever that really means ?

• Like 1