Forte III

oldred

11 hours ago, runandwin said:

So is there an update on the release date?  Forte 3?

I haven't seen anything since the CES estimate.

Deducing or maybe reading too much into it `cause I'm looking forward to these I'll share. After CES, Klipsch put a pair of these Forte IIIs in the hands of some good folk here that have experience with their speakers. They also know "the Chief" that's actually engineered these. Sure that you've read all of that already. Those particular people have repeatedly beckoned "Come to Hope" the last week of this month.

I thoroughly expect our curiosity will be whetted with some more specific news after this pilgrimage!

• Administrators
On 4/19/2017 at 8:42 PM, runandwin said:

So is there an update on the release date?  Forte 3?

There may be news on this during the Pilgrimage.

Also, I can say we have received a pair in each finish here for product photography. So... I'd guess very soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 10:41 AM, Chad said:

Also, I can say we have received a pair in each finish here for product photography. So... I'd guess very soon.

Alrighte then, been a week so I'll break the ice.

Did see one view of one of these in one of the image threads. Looks like it was a good time for the guys and gals that got there. Any details on a production ready gem of the new Forte for all of us!

• Moderators
On 4/28/2017 at 9:41 AM, Chad said:

They were probably all mesmerized by the sound (I was) and forgot to ask.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Alrighte then, been a week so I'll break the ice.

Did see one view of one of these in one of the image threads. Looks like it was a good time for the guys and gals that got there. Any details on a production ready gem of the new Forte for all of us!

No, at least none that I heard.

They were building a run of them Thursday morning while we were there and I got to see that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

They were building a run of them Thursday morning while we were there and I got to see that.

Thanks, that's good to hear, obviously it was finalized. Q3 isn't far off if it's not in financial terminology.

Mesmerized by the sound reproduction! I like that especially coming from someone displaying that particular "Ray" quote.

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks, that's good to hear, obviously it was finalized. Q3 isn't far off if it's not in financial terminology.

Mesmerized by the sound reproduction! I like that especially coming from someone displaying that particular "Ray" quote.

For what it's worth... While we were listening to them in the sound room, we were told that they would be available at the "end of June". This information came from the engineer running the demo.

Also, the riser height is a bit shorter to account for the the sleight increase in cabinet height... and the corresponding slight increase in cabinet volume.

IMG_20170428_133001-01.jpg

IMG_20170428_132652-01.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chriswhotakesphotos said:

For anyone who was there, how did it sound compared to the RF-7 III?

That's the RF-7 II next to the Forte III. No RF-7 III's were available and I believe from the information that was provided at CES that they won't be out until late in the year (Fall).

The Forte III sounded great... Smooth, warm, dynamic. They made a point of mentioning that there was no subwoofer being used during the demo. And based on what I heard it probably doesn't need one for most music.

1 hour ago, GPBusa said:

The Forte III sounded great... Smooth, warm, dynamic. They made a point of mentioning that there was no subwoofer being used during the demo. And based on what I heard it probably doesn't need one for most music.

GPBusa, I've not listened to much of anything lately except the (insert superlatives) 2015 Accord boombox system or my Heresy IIs that I feel lucky to have had for so long.

Thanks for the images. How did those mumps mid drivers do compared to what you're used to? That and the bass are the improvements I'm excited about compared to what I'm listening to now.

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks for the images. How did those mumps mid drivers do compared to what you're used to? That and the bass are the improvements I'm excited about compared to what I'm listening to now.

I'm sure I'll be scorned for this but I'll put my thoughts out there.  When I was listening to the Forte III's I was listening to the music.  What I mean by that is I was closing my eyes, placing the instruments, hearing all the different nuances in the recording.  When they switched to the K-horns (which were NOT level matched for some reason) I immediately felt I was listening to the speaker.  It's hard to describe.  If they had played them in reverse order I may have felt the same but I have no way to tell.  The K-horn had more bass for several reasons.  One is the physical size (Hoffman's iron law).  The next is that it was in the corner which helps with bass immensely.  The third was that the Forte III was NOT in the corner.

• Like 1