Forte III

oldred

On 6/2/2017 at 5:34 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

This is going to get me shot I'm sure, but personally I don't like the sound of K-horns much.  I appreciate and revere the history but I just don't care for the sound of them.  The only thing I've heard in the demo room that sounded good was an old acapella recording with lots of low midrange.  When they play modern music through them I just don't like the sound of them.  Jubilees are way better for that in my opinion.  To be honest, all the designs that Roy primarily worked on are my favorites.  396, Forte III, Jubilees, even the small pro stuff like KI-172, they just sound like how I envision something nice ought to sound, particularly with the voicing.  

I like how Roy voices his speakers - he's really really really good at it.

They should have him go through the entire product line and revoice everything that he wasn't involved with.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DrWho said:

I like how Roy voices his speakers - he's really really really good at it.

They should have him go through the entire product line and revoice everything that he wasn't involved with.

I would agree with both of these statements.  I haven't heard anything he's been involved with that I didn't like.

• Like 1

I wonder how @Chief bonehead is doing? Your newest addition to Klipsch history just about ready I assume? 

Since the "ahem" misunderstandings a couple of months ago here haven't read too much from him.

Just to let you know I pre-ordered my "Sr Delgados" a couple of weeks ago. I know I'm not the only one that did. Thanks for the info you gave us here! 

Also have some wiring coming in and I'll run these +3 db better than my Heresy IIs like this:  HF from speaker A out, LF from speaker B out. My new amp makes some sweet sounds already from my decades old Heritage set. Using the tone bypass it's sounding very similar to an old Nakamichi - Nelson Pass receiver that I had.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Apex said:

Woooohooooo..I got my order in! 2 x CBW F3's!!!!!

Apex you nailed it. That's the way I've been feeling and the folks on the sofa are probably like the others here with me posting in this and the other thread about the Forte IIIs. Drew is like me, a rocker that can't stop dancing at a Dio concert.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Congratulations Apex, they are really nice, I tried to explain how good they were when I first heard them. I didn't want to sound like I was overdoing it and was really glad when everyone in Hope thought they sounded as good as I thought they did, being I am biased with the original Forte's and thought the 3 rd version was easily better than the first two.

It's going to be rough waiting, but worth it.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2017 at 3:59 PM, JohnJ said:

Apex you nailed it. That's the way I've been feeling and the folks on the sofa are probably like the others here with me posting in this and the other thread about the Forte IIIs. Drew is like me, a rocker that can't stop dancing at a Dio concert.

Drew Carey then.

IMG_0032.JPG

Drew Carey now.

IMG_0035.PNG

Chris Farley then.

IMG_0033.JPG

Chris Farley now.

IMG_0034.JPG

@The Apex

Best of luck with your purchase.  Please share your impressions and photos.  Your eagerness is understood.

• Like 2

@dtel Yea, you shaped a few decisions here about the Forte IIIs. You and the Mrs stay safe today, or did it clear y'all already?

@DizRotus so that was Farley dancing like a dork up above? Hadn't watched any sitcoms probably since Soap.

Cary, damn he didn't age too well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

The difference is mostly the weight he lost.  I'll bet he feels a lot better.

I read that, through exercise and diet, in addition to a healthy weight loss, Carey "cured" his type II diabetes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PuMpKiNh3aD said:

Can anyone tell me how the forte iiis compare to the cornwall iiis? I notice the forte iii is a smaller cabinet but has a bigger midrange horn.

In spite of the smaller cab, the fortes are probably a better over-all compromise with Hoffman's Iron Law, digging as deep or slightly deeper than CW, at the cost of a few db/w of sensitivity.  The new horns have only gotten positive reviews, in the fortes and the similar mumps in the KI 396, when heard by those at the gathering.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, avguytx said:

It's the distance from the wall they need to be that kills the deal for me.  I'd love to have a set but that 12" or more from wall kills the deal for me.  At least in this house.

I think if you can toe them in quite a bit you can get away with 6 to 8 inches from wall instead of the often suggested 10 to 12 inches.

Bill

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, avguytx said:

It's the distance from the wall they need to be that kills the deal for me.  I'd love to have a set but that 12" or more from wall kills the deal for me.  At least in this house.

Just curious.....where did you hear about the 12"?

• Like 1