Forte III

oldred

Google searches on Forte and Forte 2 and other rear passive speakers. Seems to be from 6 to 24" with 12" about average. I know it's all room dependent but that range would be tough for me...at least in my living room. When the new house time comes,  I'll have more room to experiment. 

I postion my Forte II's, appropriately 6 to 8" from back wall. Don't recall what, if any reccomendendations were given when purchased in 1990. Other than best to toe the speakers in. Some Klipsch friends had suggested to place close to wall, to gain better imagining and base.

We have moved a few times, anf each time, always place Forte in about the same place. Then played with them until we found the "spot" where they sound just right.

Our Forte II's have never failed to fill our home with wonderful sounds. Admit, have occasionally considered upgrading, but after listening to the various options available. I return home to enjoy listening to our Forte II's rich, quality, clear, natural sound. For over 17 years nothing has grabbed, as the Fortes did. Wish all my investment had been as beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

For over 17 years nothing has grabbed, as the Fortes did. Wish all my investment had been as beneficial.

Excellent, and it also explains my fanaticism towards this brand.

Value.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2017 at 11:11 PM, BlueHusky79 said:

I postion my Forte II's, appropriately 6 to 8" from back wall. Don't recall what, if any reccomendendations were given when purchased in 1990. Other than best to toe the speakers in. Some Klipsch friends had suggested to place close to wall, to gain better imagining and base.

We have moved a few times, anf each time, always place Forte in about the same place. Then played with them until we found the "spot" where they sound just right.

Our Forte II's have never failed to fill our home with wonderful sounds. Admit, have occasionally considered upgrading, but after listening to the various options available. I return home to enjoy listening to our Forte II's rich, quality, clear, natural sound. For over 17 years nothing has grabbed, as the Fortes did. Wish all my investment had been as beneficial.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

27 years, but whose counting???  25 for me, bought mine in 1992..,

Best regards

John

• Moderators
On 6/26/2017 at 9:31 PM, JohnJ said:

@avguytx  check this out:      

I was wondering where you read about that distance looked through this thread and @dtel & wife said they were out further at Roy Ds house `cause of the regular setup they were in front of at one time.

WOW you have a good memory, that's exactly what happened, wish I could hear them again. We listened to a bunch of music then watched a movie with them. His Tv cabinet and other speakers were along the wall so they were maby 2' or a little more from the back wall. 

His normal front three speakers are much smaller speakers, I give him a hard time about that, I do not get many chances, especially with speakers. It only goes so far anyway, he can have any speaker he wants, or makes up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

WOW you have a good memory, that's exactly what happened, wish I could hear them again. We listened to a bunch of music then watched a movie with them. His Tv cabinet and other speakers were along the wall so they were maby 2' or a little more from the back wall. 

His normal front three speakers are much smaller speakers, I give him a hard time about that, I do not get many chances, especially with speakers. It only goes so far anyway, he can have any speaker he wants, or makes up.

Ugh not really, I just skimmed though about a dozen early pages and found it.

Wouldn't it be nice to bring work home with you to contemplate with a career like that?

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Ugh not really, I just skimmed though about a dozen early pages and found it.

Wouldn't it be nice to bring work home with you to contemplate with a career like that?

Oh ok either way it's just what I remember, that's what surprised me when I read it, now next year I will probably forget parts, but I will not forget the answer when I asked if he wanted me to get the f lll's out of his way in the living room so he wouldn't have to be bothered with them. He said sure, were going to put them in the other room so I can listen more in a different room. Not exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

It would be nice to bring work home, another thing that would be nice is to take an idea and have or design all the parts needed plus a anechoic chamber with all the test equipment to test them. Problem I would have is lack of knowledge and experience to know what to do with the test results.  

I asked Roy once when you think of something to design and start to work on it can you use info of what worked on other designs to have a place to start. He said yes sometimes there is pretty good place to start, but what really helps is the tons of things that didn't work.

Except for being a really nice guy, the biggest thing I found out as I got to know Roy was how humble he is, it's kind of shocking. We talk about a design he came up with and how popular they have become over the years and about all he says is , "eh it's OK". 

I now know that means it's good, because that's about as close as he will come to saying it's a good design.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dtel said:

He said sure, were going to put them in the other room so I can listen more in a different room. Not exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Classic! You did give it a try. Soon I'll have a design of his here and moving furniture like a gal that hasn't moved any since three months ago. (Said with a smile and a smirk ladies!)  If the SrDelgado script becomes available let us all know. Sure that by that time I'll want his name on the grill.

My caliblkwlnt F3s are halfway here by now, final leg of the journey should start Monday.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

If the SrDelgado script becomes available let us all know. Sure that by that time I'll want his name on the grill.

I really doubt that would happen, he would have a very hard time with it, although I think he deserves some credit not counting behind the scenes. 

When we try to give him the credit he deserves he always turns it back around to PWK, he thinks of him like a second father. The more I got to know Roy the more I am surprised, he is one of the nicest people I know. He did pick up many of PWK's traits working with him all those years, and he realizes it. He loves to answer a question with question and say things with double meanings, and then watch to see you catch it or not. 

Really looking forward to what you think, I know you use heresy ll now. I really like the Heresy 1 2 or 3, but to me your new model will really impress you, and you already have alot of nice electronics to get them running, this should be good. :D You may be the first here to get the new model in your home. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dtel said:

Really looking forward to what you think, I know you use heresy ll now. I really like the Heresy 1 2 or 3, but to me your new model will really impress you, and you already have alot of nice electronics to get them running, this should be good. :D You may be the first here to get the new model in your home. 

Well yea I did read his responses to the mess just before I joined at this thread. I see how those couple of ideas thrown around would not do as intended, but the opposite. Scrap that.

@Scrappydue turned me on to a dealer here @MetropolisLakeOutfitters, and we talked (dealer & I) just a couple days ago. I might be among the first of the group but I'd bet there are some closer to Hope that could get set up sooner. Plus the Fourth Of July might delay things. Nothing wrong with Heresys to me either, but to go 12hz lower without having to spread a couple of subs out will be great.  The new mid and high drivers with noted sound stage improvements!!! Bi-wiring will give me 120w/ channel that's a boost for my system. I'll let you guys/gals know and maybe flood the thread with pics cut only halfway down, my phone makes `em 4032 X 3024 pixels.

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Nothing wrong with Heresys to me either, but to go 12hz lower without having to spread a couple of subs out will be great.  The new mid and high drivers with noted sound stage improvements!!! Bi-wiring will give me 120w/ channel that's a boost for my system. I'll let you guys/gals know and maybe flood the thread with pics cut only halfway down, my phone makes `em 4032 X 3024 pixels.

The 12hz will really help, to be honest it sounds like they go lower, but when you get around the 38Hz range it's hard to tell. Pic's will be good. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 1:53 PM, JohnJ said:

Well yea I did read his responses to the mess just before I joined at this thread. I see how those couple of ideas thrown around would not do as intended, but the opposite. Scrap that.

@Scrappydue turned me on to a dealer here @MetropolisLakeOutfitters, and we talked (dealer & I) just a couple days ago. I might be among the first of the group but I'd bet there are some closer to Hope that could get set up sooner. Plus the Fourth Of July might delay things. Nothing wrong with Heresys to me either, but to go 12hz lower without having to spread a couple of subs out will be great.  The new mid and high drivers with noted sound stage improvements!!! Bi-wiring will give me 120w/ channel that's a boost for my system. I'll let you guys/gals know and maybe flood the thread with pics cut only halfway down, my phone makes `em 4032 X 3024 pixels.

I may actually be the first in the group. Hard to say. But the first two sets cory ordered were for me and him. Either way. I'm pumped for these 

• Like 1