Forte III

oldred

32 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

did you order the other set of cali blacks from him?

You betcha I did. Were those ours on the dock?  I know they can't all look like the photos of the Cornwall, Heresy & Forte IIIs at Klipsch . com. So after looking when I searched for CA Blk Wlnt with all the letters of course I found a wide variety of looks in planks and veneer available out west. 

2 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I sell all of it but I only personally own Jubilees, Heresy, and these, Heresy being the only true Heritage.  

Cool. Figuring things out now, H IIs going with the tv and wall speakers on the old receiver for now. 

19 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Heard enough of them for a brief description of the sound and quality of it?

I've heard them at Hope, very nice, the midrange just sounds correct, blues guitars and cymbals just sound nice and thick, there's no weird handoff from the horn to the woofer or any shrilly sound, it is voiced similar to the 396, bass extension is very nice, that passive radiator can really get to moving.  They played some Stevie Ray and you just wanted to crank it.  

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I've heard them at Hope, very nice, the midrange just sounds correct, blues guitars and cymbals just sound nice and thick, there's no weird handoff from the horn to the woofer or any shrilly sound, it is voiced similar to the 396, bass extension is very nice, that passive radiator can really get to moving.  They played some Stevie Ray and you just wanted to crank it.  

Stevie Ray BEGS to be cranked up. Saw his brother and the Fabulous T-Birds at a bar here called the Palomino Club years ago, they were a very tight band also! Kick-a$$ show!

Thanks again for your time, saw somewhere else that was a discussion of some not loving the titanium drivers and it took a change in the crossover to fix that handover issue. Never heard (read) that about @Chief bonehead 's KI396 or Forte III with their midrange. Meant to tell you that dark B&W pic of the corner of your listening room is great!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

You betcha I did. Were those ours on the dock?  I know they can't all look like the photos of the Cornwall, Heresy & Forte IIIs at Klipsch . com. So after looking when I searched for CA Blk Wlnt with all the letters of course I found a wide variety of looks in planks and veneer available out west. 

Yep those were ours. 

59 minutes ago, adam2434 said:

Is the black matte finish does not appear to be a veneer with visible wood grain.  Is this correct?

I'd be interested in some first hand comparisons between the Forte III and RF-7 II.

Shoulda come to the Pilgrimage! 

RF-7s sound thinner and may also may have less very low bass. 

32 minutes ago, John Albright said:

Shoulda come to the Pilgrimage! 

RF-7s sound thinner and may also may have less very low bass. 

With a son playing high school baseball in the spring followed by summer travel baseball baseball, I won't be getting to the Pilgrimage for the next few years, but would love to someday.

Regarding the RF-7s sounding thinner, do you mean less mid-bass and lower midrange, with more emphasis on the higher frequencies?

18 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The black matte ones are cool as hell BTW.  Going to be parked right next to my Jubilees.  Might as well just print Roy's mug off and hang it up in the general area as well. ;)  

black forte 1.jpg

black forte 2.jpg

black forte 3.jpg

black forte 4.jpg

Do you think i would be able to have a grill with that sweet cover made for my black Quartets?

3 hours ago, adam2434 said:

The black matte finish does not appear to be a veneer with visible wood grain.  Is this correct?

Matte black is super smooth MDF with spray paint.  Ends up looking and feeling like formica.  

3 hours ago, adam2434 said:

I'd be interested in some first hand comparisons between the Forte III and RF-7 II.

RF-7ii sounds like what I call "shouty" comparatively.  Upper midrange just not nearly as accurate and smooth.  

42 minutes ago, unclefred said:

Do you think i would be able to have a grill with that sweet cover made for my black Quartets?

I doubt it, this is the 70th anniversary grill cloth which is reserved for the limited editions that come stock with it.  

5 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

RF-7ii sounds like what I call "shouty" comparatively.  Upper midrange just not nearly as accurate and smooth.  

Very interesting...I have RF-7 II and Forte I, and I consider the Forte I to be more "shouty" in the midrange.

I reeealy want to hear the Forte III...in my house!

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Stevie Ray was on the 396's here on the 4'th along with others.  Hopefully my neighbors enjoyed them as well.

Sounds like you've got some of PWK's spirit in you!

"Let Freedom Ring"