Forte III

oldred

• Moderators
1 hour ago, The Apex said:

...And, I cat proofed the radiators just like I did with my Forte II's.

I like that, even if you don't have a cat it protects them, always want to do that to my 2's just never did.

Like the new sound ?

• Like 1

I Love the look of those Special edition Forte III, but I could not justify the extra $$, just for the look. 

I am awaiting the Forte III in distressed oak finish to come in. My order went with the first batch of orders, per my dealer's statement,..I.wonder when it would arrive.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pallpoul said:

I Love the look of those Special edition Forte III, but I could not justify the extra $$, just for the look. 

I am awaiting the Forte III in distressed oak finish to come in. My order went with the first batch of orders, per my dealer's statement,..I.wonder when it would arrive.  

Might be a little bit as there has been a change in QA verification. After the factory build, check out testing and shipment they all come by here so that I can verify the verification. The length of time between deliveries (to me) determines when I ship the last verified set out; please be patient as I must check any number of tunes to ensure your satisfaction.

Due to this...delay...I have generously (with prodding) agreed to sign the top of the speaker with either a marks-a-lot or dremel tool; you choice. This may delay your order.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Might be a little bit as there has been a change in QA verification. After the factory build, check out testing and shipment they all come by here so that I can verify the verification. The length of time between deliveries (to me) determines when I ship the last verified set out; please be patient as I must check any number of tunes to ensure your satisfaction.

Due to this...delay...I have generously (with prodding) agreed to sign the top of the speaker with either a marks-a-lot or dremel tool; you choice. This may delay your order.

Ill be looking for your signature when they arrive,..!!:D 

1 hour ago, The Apex said:

They're here. They look and sound AMAZING. 

Congrats. They took the grain and made a V across the top like in the pair Cory posted a couple days ago. Your stereo cabinet is a gorgeous piece of furniture also.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, Chief bonehead said:

paul also used the saying "standing on the shoulders of giants".  

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I like that, even if you don't have a cat it protects them, always want to do that to my 2's just never did.

Like the new sound ?

Funny you say that. It IS a new sound, and an improvement.  

I loved my 2s. And, now I don't feel the least bit sorry about letting them go a few months ago. Haha.

I got them dialed in with no fuss at all. I have them about a foot from the wall toed in about an 1.5"

With the volume set at 4/10 on my 20 wpc vintage integrated amplifier, it's loud as it ever needs to be turned up. The efficiency makes this a sweet pairing. 

Balanced, imaging + big stage, live..no sub needed with these. 

56 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Congrats. They took the grain and made a V across the top like in the pair Cory posted a couple days ago. Your stereo cabinet is a gorgeous piece of furniture also.

06B3F0C7-270D-476B-AF4F-0CA74491B099_zps

Tiger stripes, baby! Read in Austin Powers' voice. :P

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, John Warren said:

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

My favorite. Paul Jacobs used this at the Pilgrimage, as I did in my speech to the Pilgrims. Too many giants to mention. I'm always in awe. 

47 minutes ago, Scrappydue said:

Man yours have them magnets purtruding also! Mine better not be like. I'll be pissed. That's not right. 

Yeah mine did that too, just like this, one was like it should be and one had magnets bulged out on the top and was hard to insert.  Roy knows about it and the parts people were cool about getting replacements sent out, that's about all we can hope for, should be no big deal in the end.  I have replacements already on the way supposedly.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yeah mine did that too, just like this, one was like it should be and one had magnets bulged out on the top and was hard to insert.  Roy knows about it and the parts people were cool about getting replacements sent out, that's about all we can hope for, should be no big deal in the end.  I have replacements already on the way supposedly.  

I'd like to have this remedied myself. It's the only flaw that I've found.

And, another thing. An extra speaker screw fell out when I removed the grill for the first time on one of them. I looked everything over and there weren't any missing. I didn't like the idea of that rattling around in there while shipping.