Forte III

oldred

1 hour ago, richieb said:

^^^^^

I'm curious how you intend to cat proof the grill fabric too? If you're concerned with the passives I assume there is concern with grills also.

Luckily my animals have never touched the grills on any of my several sets of speakers. But, for some reason, I used to catch them behind the F 2s wanting to scratch on the radiators.

However, I will Scotchguard the grill fabric on the 3s.

On 7/7/2017 at 1:02 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

forte boxes.jpg

OK, I'll Bite.

Two pairs of open Forte III boxes, no caption.

Did you decide you wanted two sets of these to rock your place sufficiently?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

OK, I'll Bite.

Two pairs of open Forte III boxes, no caption.

Did you decide you wanted two sets of these to rock your place sufficiently?

Yeah I'm running two pair myself.  Among other goodies.  Just because I can I guess. :)  Just ordered some cherry ones 5 minutes ago.  :D

forte jubilee.jpg

• Like 6

I'm the one that just ordered a pair of cherries from @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  

Drove 2 hours to his place of business to listen to the Fortes. They sound awesome. He also has a fantastic home theater setup. The finish on the Fortes is just fantastic. Well finished. Gonna say bye to my Heresy's and replace with these Forte's

If you are thinking of ordering anything Klipsch, give Cory a call. I've ordered from several distributors, including one in Las Vegas.  Metropolis Lake Outfitters and Cory are the only one I will order from now.  Also handles audio electronics.  Wish I had discovered him when my addiction started.

• Like 4

I'll get `em tomorrow!!

The Polks had to come off the walls for me to get the Heresys in the den. Right now that will do. 

The H IIs might have to come up off the ground a little, we'll see. The tv does sound better this evening of course.

Got spots ready for the first stop for the Fortes.

This will make my week better since I found out yesterday I separated the tendon from my hip to the quad in my left leg last weekend. Hate getting cut on, looks like thats the only option for this.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

• Like 2

How will these speakers compare to a used Palladium 37f?  Been wanting to upgrade my bookshelf speakers and the Forte iii and used 37f are about the same price. You guys think the Forte iii being designed 10 years later by  engineers with 10 years more experience will sound better? Maybe better resolution, better bass control, treble, better materials and upgraded driver design, etc...

Edited by tester

2 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Forte IIIs...hands down. 

What particular areas will the Forte III excel over the Palladium 37f? The Palladium has three 7" woofers vs one 12" for the Forte, would this mean lower distortion over the Forte in Freq below 500 hz? I would also think the three 7" woofers will be lighter and faster and translates to better transparency vs a possibly heavier single 12" woofer?

Edited by tester

• Moderators

The Forte III excels in all areas. I will allow someone with more technical expertise to reply. I can say that I've heard both and in my opinion the Forte IIIs excel. No, I don't have "golden ears". I will add, IMO there is a reason the Palladium was discontinued and the Fortes were improved upon. @MetropolisLakeOutfitters may be able to better answer your technical questions since he is a Klipsch dealer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tester said:

How will these speakers compare to a used Palladium 37f?  Been wanting to upgrade my bookshelf speakers and the Forte iii and used 37f are about the same price. You guys think the Forte iii being designed 10 years later by  engineers with 10 years more experience will sound better? Maybe better resolution, better bass control, treble, better materials and upgraded driver design, etc...

Steven aka. @Scrappydue has owned both.  He says the Fortes have the famous Klipsch sound while the Palladiums are more of a really nice speaker that Klipsch makes but they sound different.  Pick your poison I guess, they both sound nice.  

Me personally I would rather have the Forte if for no other reason than I'm friends with Roy, and when he says that he squeezed in everything he has learned into this project, well, I have a hard time turning them down.  He has gotten really good at voicing speakers as well, these just sound correct and the drivers blend nicely.  These are heirloom worthy in my opinion, they are beautiful and have a cool history.  Matt Sommers is writing an entire book on the subject.  He said that there are certificates available with the special edition ones to get a free copy but I have not looked.  Palladiums are nice but they don't have the same "cool factor" in my opinion.  Also I like the pro line, I like the new horn that has trickled down from pro and I like pro audio woofers.  That's just me though, I can't say anything bad about Palladiums.  

• Like 1

All this praise of the Forte III is making me want to sell some gear to fund a pair!  

Has anyone seen or taken photos of the internals - drivers, crossover, cabinet construction, etc?

Is would be cool to compare the internals to the original Forte I or II.

I would hope that the III uses a significantly better class of drivers, given the price increase over the inflation-adjusted price of the Forte I and II.

My thoughts on the Palladium line was Klipschs' attempt at the high end, Stereophile hifi crowd that values cabinet design, finish,

and modern living room aesthetics where slim, curved cabinets rule. Whether we like it or not Klipsch has never been looked at as a hi-end speaker line for the bigger $$$ wine and cheese crowd. The big Palladiums were priced right there with Wilson, B&W, etc. and those customers were not looking to Klipsch for this market regardless how good they may have sounded. A tip of the hat that they gave it a good try but found in the end this was not their market niche. Forte lll Is their niche.

• Like 3