Forte III

oldred

The bass on mine is awesome with Jagger doing Sweet Thing and especially Use Me. Vocals are so real with these speakers. Going to try straight out from the wall about 6 to 8 inches and see what that gets me next. I have not been able to turn it up over halfway yet but the more I've pumped in the better it gets with these Fortes!

3.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I was told the standard cherry finish has a stain applied to it.  That verbiage came directly from somebody pretty high up in corporate.  

Cherry is a light wood and usually is stained to bring out the beauty. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The bass on mine is awesome with Jagger doing Sweet Thing and especially Use Me. Vocals are so real with these speakers. Going to try straight out from the wall about 6 to 8 inches and see what that gets me next. I have not been able to turn it up over halfway yet but the more I've pumped in the better it gets with these Fortes!

3.jpg

4.jpg

I'd also describe the bass I'm hearing in my space as organic.

• Like 1

Congrats to all of you who have these already! I'm glad to hear that they sound incredible and sincerely hope that Klipsch sells as many or more of these as they did the forte II. I'd really like to have a set someday..  

• Like 3

Messed with the placement. The bass is a lot better, but I started listening with more intent towards the sound not the tunes. Now both six inches from the outside wall, nine from the back at the corners there's a lot more space behind them and it's sounding even better!                                                    *7/15/17 Fine Tuning. Pushed them back to 5" and 8" respectively, the low frequencies are more focused at the opposite wall now. 

6.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

• Moderators

I am just glad everyone is liking them, I tried to not oversell what I thought I heard the first time. I thought they sounded great, was quite surprised actually at how good they did sound but was a little afraid others may not be quite as excited as I was, happy to see it wasn't just me. :emotion-21:

The ones I heard did not have the fancy PWK passive covers, or grills, I really like the passive covers. They also never had serial numbers, it was way before production so I guess they were just called prototypes. 

speakers_forte_lll-3.JPG

• Like 1

@dtel They're everything that you & @dtel's wife said they were. Love `em. Frequency response is better, open spacious sounding mids and highs kinda like what the folded woofer speakers offer. I really think these are more lifelike sounding than my old ones ever were.

I'm disappointed in the wood grain on my pair but I've gotten over it already (Although I tell them my tacos better look like the pic or I'm throwing `em back across the counter at taco *ell)! 

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been discussed in the 37 pages of this thread...

I wonder if there will be a matching center and possibly surrounds for the Forte III?

The intended use seems to be for 2-channel, but so many folks are interested in multi-channel surround sound these days...

12 hours ago, adam2434 said:

I wonder if there will be a matching center and possibly surrounds for the Forte III?

Forte lll for the center, and a pair of Forte lll's for the surrounds. Lol... How cool would that be ?! Someone's gotta do it...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speed said:

Forte lll for the center, and a pair of Forte lll's for the surrounds. Lol... How cool would that be ?! Someone's gotta do it...

My black fortes will likely end up as surrounds.  I have jubilees up front plus I just ordered 396's.  I keep looking at pro cinema surrounds but if one of these are going to be laying around anyway, I might as well use them.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 9:42 AM, adam2434 said:

The intended use seems to be for 2-channel, but so many folks are interested in multi-channel surround sound these days...

I have previously asked the powers that be to build a Heritage (inspired) center channel.  It gets brought up regularly, it's not just me wanting one.  These would be perfect candidates for a matching center.