Forte III

oldred

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Speed said:

Forte lll for the center, and a pair of Forte lll's for the surrounds. Lol... How cool would that be ?! Someone's gotta do it...

We have an all forte/forte II surround system. 

....it's not forte IIIs though. 

It's pretty cool!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

My black fortes will likely end up as surrounds.  I have jubilees up front plus I just ordered 396's.  I keep looking at pro cinema surrounds but if one of these are going to be laying around anyway, I might as well use them.  

D@mn Straight!

Hope you and that pretty gal from the about page at your site have a humongous house with a good foundation! You have all those great Klipsch on the same setup?

That place could be as loud as a Ted Nugent concert in 1976, there were complaints from a mile away from Memorial Stadium (open football stadium) when he played there one time around then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

We have an all forte/forte II surround system

That's awesome. I was going to have a 5 LaScala surround system, I only made it to four. Decided on Jubilee's instead, being I am much more interested in music than movies...

• Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, Speed said:

That's awesome. I was going to have a 5 LaScala surround system, I only made it to four. Decided on Jubilee's instead, being I am much more interested in music than movies...

Yes!  The MWMs/402s get much more playing time!  

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That place could be as loud as a Ted Nugent concert in 1976, there were complaints from a mile away from Memorial Stadium (open football stadium) when he played there one time around then.

I took a video of my Jubilees playing last night out in the driveway while my daughter played drums to what I think was Tool, it sounded like they were going to destroy my house.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I took a video of my Jubilees playing last night out in the driveway while my daughter played drums

Cory,

Let's see that ! Wasn't the loudest concert ever Ted Nugent or The Who, at 126db ? Poison was the loudest I have been to, I was hugging the railing in the front row. My ears rang for two weeks. After that, I started bringing ear plugs, if needed.

• Like 1

@Speed Pretty sure it is the Who that's in the Guinness Book of World Records with that. Teddy......Heck I didn't even buy a ticket, we went downtown and hung out at a park two blocks away from the opening of the horseshoe opposite the stage. Heard every bit of his antics and tortured guitar and my favorite "Great White Buffalo"!

14 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I took a video of my Jubilees playing last night out in the driveway while my daughter played drums to what I think was Tool, it sounded like they were going to destroy my house.  

Link? I like me some tool.

That's a substantial little shelf! Did she/you glue 2X4s together for the shelves themselves? Just like power supplies for my pc I think furniture that weighs more is just better. I like wood better than all the other materials except for the facade of a house.

11 hours ago, Lasz said:

They sure fit your interior nicely! I imagine they sound great too.

Thanks. They really do sound amazing. There is a great synergy between them and the Fisher x-101-c that's driving them. 

As they've been burning in, I've been throwing more and more music at them that I've heard other systems struggle with. And, they keep standing up. For me it's ALL about music. These speakers are letting me stop being critical and get back to enjoying it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Apex said:

These speakers are letting me stop being critical and get back to enjoying it.

Haven't had any classical on the record player yet, thinking of putting the new cartridge on first. Had a little more time with them and they do sound great as I turn it up more. If I turn down the preamp some (keep it on 25 out of 30 mostly) I get a good range of volume and sound pressure between say 8am and 10am that I can still think of something else while listening.

What I've done is turned it all backwards, the Heresy's are in the big room now, and they do the tv and radio very well in there without me having to rearrage the furniture too much. I did have to raise the speakers a little because of placing one behind the sofa. It's not great but it sure sounds better in there! 

Untitled2.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 10:02 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I have previously asked the powers that be to build a Heritage (inspired) center channel.  It gets brought up regularly, it's not just me wanting one.  These would be perfect candidates for a matching center.  

They make one - it's called a Forte III, Jubilee, Lascala, Heresy, Cornwall, etc....

Three Forte III's across the front would be awesome, and certainly not too high for the display to be above them.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DrWho said:

They make one - it's called a Forte III, Jubilee, Lascala, Heresy, Cornwall, etc....

Three Forte III's across the front would be awesome, and certainly not too high for the display to be above them.

I'm well aware of the tenets of identical LCR's, and promote it any time I can, but most people with TV's still want a horizontal center.  This is a customer from just last week, he got La Scala's and an RC-64ii.  It would be cool if there were a Heritage-inspired solution that was an obvious choice for such situations.  People are going to continue to buy horizontal centers anyway, they might as well match.  

rick.jpg