Forte III

oldred

On 7/17/2017 at 10:45 AM, haydukej said:

Man, I'm diggin' the new distressed oak finish.  Well done Klispch!

Forte-III_DisOak_Angle-Grille.thumb.jpg.861692c89eae6a9c399eb1c1415a2207.jpg

I like that the veneer extends to the riser on these. I think it looks better.

On the CBW Special Edition, the risers are satin black. 

I'd probably be able to find a spot in my home for either one if I had more disposable income. The veneer on bottom is a nice attention to detail and making the speaker "one", but then I can see an arguement for the CBW riser being different as it helps create the "floating" effect. 

The loudspeaker in the photo below is a Harbeth M40 which uses a 12" woofer. I have included it as it is about the same size cabinet a the Forte. You can see the stands raise the centre of the mid driver up to seated ear level where they should be (same applies for a horn mid). With the dated riser removed you can see how good a Forte would look like on stands like this. Both my sets of Forte ll live on these four post Skylan Stands.

Skylan Stands with Harbeth M40.jpg

• Like 1

I've had these Forte IIIs for a couple weeks now. Very satisfied with them, moved them a little bit, can perceive the difference in the bass easily. I'm cheating myself having them in my 12 X 12 bedroom right now, but d#mn they are excellent at any volume. I probably don't have more than 50 or so hours on them so I expect them to get even better soon.                                                                                                                                                   

Are you other early adopters as pleased with your new investments? Noted anything that merits sharing with the gang?

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've had these Forte IIIs for a couple weeks now. Very satisfied with them, moved them a little bit, can perceive the difference in the bass easily. I'm cheating myself having them in my 12 X 12 bedroom right now, but d#mn they are excellent at any volume. I probably don't have more than 50 or so hours on them so I expect them to get even better soon.                                                                                                                                                   

Are you other early adopters as pleased with your new investments? Noted anything that merits sharing with the gang?

Can you measure the mid-range horn for us who are curious. Just looking for a height and width of the mid-range horn. Thanks

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

At the risk of sounding cheesy, these are the most versatile normal sized speaker that I've owned.  With other speakers I find myself categorizing them, like oh well I like these for rock, and these for home theater, and these for rap, and these for flamenco.  With these I can put on pretty much anything and actually enjoy the source material rather than hearing certain characteristics of the speaker.  I can put on Nirvana and it's like hearing the details in the riffs on Lithium for the first time.  I can turn around and blast some rap with the bass at stupid levels even with no sub.  Rodrigo y Gabriela still has that same excitement that I like on Heresy.  I'm having a ton of fun with them.  

• Like 3

On 7/17/2017 at 11:45 AM, Frzninvt said:

What a shame to have a totally mis-matched center with La Scala II's.  Ditch the shelf and put the TV on a La Scala II center or mount it on the wall. 

I find it not that shameful and the esthetics of my family room come into play with this set up. The RC64II keeps up and this is not a large room. TV was moved from the shelf to wall to accomadate new center. Until Klipsch comes out with a Heritage alternative this is how I must roll.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, Kevin S said:

I applaud Klipsch for reintroducing the Forte III's, especially in an era of soundbars. As I sit here enjoying my Heresy III's, which I understand the Chief Bonehead was involved in updating, with the "wimpy" horns, "no bass", "wrong" capacitors and whatever other flaws the experts on the forum have annointed them with, I am especially happy to hear he was involved with the Forte III. Hopefully they will have even more "flaws" than my Heresy's and be a huge success!

Well said.  The Heresy lll is a stunning achievement.  I've had mine for over a year and they better my previous Heresy ll in all aspects of music reproduction.  In saying that, I could be persuaded to a Forte lll upgrade.  The walnut version looks nice...

Older models / versions will always be the biggest competitor and this is true with so many things we buy from homes to cars to software. For some people it makes sense to buy new and others (like me) simply can't afford it, which is why I hope they sell a ton of these things so hopefully in a few years they start to pop up in the used market. 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:02 AM, JohnJ said:

@dtr20 It's about 27" (center) from the floor, 9 7/8" w  X  6 3/4" h

That's the same size as the KLF 20 / 30 horn.. wonder if Klipsch is willing to let any of those out the parts department?

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

That's the same size as the KLF 20 / 30 horn.. wonder if Klipsch is willing to let any of those out the parts department?

Bet there are copyrights involved. If they did it would be a while, don't think all the variants of the Forte III aren't out at this point.

33 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Bet there are copyrights involved. If they did it would be a while, don't think all the variants of the Forte III aren't out at this point.

Both the horn / driver in the new forte III have been in use for some time now already in the Cinema line:

http://assets.klipsch.com/product-specsheets/KPT-1260H-Data-Sheet-v02.pdf

KPT-1260H-Front (800x800).jpg

• Like 2