Forte III

oldred

These old -- 69 in November -- ears would really like to hear Forte' IIIs and Jubilees with K402s.  Short of a trip to Paducah or Hope, that seems unlikely.

It's probably been suggested before, but it would be nice if it were possible for forum members to input their city, state, and _________Klipsch available for auditioning.  A program could put color coded dots on a map, as well as generate a graphic list.  It could also be possible for forum members to input, city, state, and _______Klipsch they'd like to hear.  PMs could be sent through that thread/software. Mutually satisfactory arrangements could be made.  Merely indicating that you have ________Klipsch available for auditions by forum members would not enable low post-count trolls to appear unannounced at your door.

Sounds like a lot of work.  When the moderators aren't occupied herding cats, they can get right on it.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 8:32 PM, dtel's wife said:

And...those folks in Arkansas have never heard of moonshine...heck I know folks in Texas that have never heard of moonshine!

IMG_4688.JPG

"Now you hold the gun on me."  The punchline to my favorite moonshine joke.

• Like 1

@RTR Klipsch did state the hook-ups would be heavy duty and they are compared to my Heresy IIs also.

I did unhook my bi-wire setup put the connectors back in and run them off one pair of wires. That lasted until the next time I wanted to listen. Had to hook up the two sets back to A & B outs on my amp again. It could simply be more watts going in, but the same music at the same volume level has more depth, presence and punch. It just sounds even better hooked up bi-wired from a good amp. With all the folks that use good separate amps per channel, I know someone will try bi-amping with four amps two for each low frequency and two for each high.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

There are usually metal straps  from one post to the other externally. Otherwise, if you just hook the bottom post, you just get the bass.

Thinking everyone knows that by now...:emotion-21:

Whew..... you had me nervous I didn't check for that. When I got them, I couldn't wait to hook them up.  I was at work when I saw this.

Did they have a strap or not??? First thing I did when I got home was check to ensure I had them on the top post and there was a binding strap. 

IMG_0055.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, RTR said:

Chad warned me the finish was going to be lighter than my cherry Heresy. He told me I could order them in the same finish as the Heresy for an up charge and a longer wait. I decided not to wait.  The picture is lighter than it is in person. I'm still liking 'em.  Doesn't have as deep of an orange tint.

Time to plug them up.....

IMG_0047.JPG

If it's real cherry they will darken and redden(get more red) with time and UV exposure.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, babadono said:

If it's real cherry they will darken and redden(get more red) with time and UV exposure.

Yes they will.  And you can speed up the process by taking them out to get a good suntan.  I did the same when I re-veneered my Revel B15 subwoofer and my cherry speaker stands.  Make sure you give them equal times on each side.

Bill

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone has had the chance yet to compare them to the old Forté IIs. I assume the III would be a significant upgrade to the II but I'm just curious if there are any specific areas where the IIIs really stand out compared to the IIs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 3:12 PM, Lasz said:

I wonder if anyone has had the chance yet to compare them to the old Forté IIs. I assume the III would be a significant upgrade to the II but I'm just curious if there are any specific areas where the IIIs really stand out compared to the IIs.

I've owned the Forte I and I have the Chorus II.

To me, the Forte III is a totally new speaker and doesn't sound like the older ones. It is VERY realistic sounding.

• Like 4

Walnuts are shipping.  This is one of my guys but he's still rearranging.  Supposed to have a pair of oak coming my way later this week.  They made a batch of oak a couple weeks ago but it sold out quickly.  Those are going to be popular I believe.  

walnut.jpg