Forte III

oldred

Dear Audiophiles!

This thread provides a lot of very valuable first-hand accounts on how the new Forte III’s sound. 

On the other hand, in addition to the above anecdotal evidence, where can we find some objective data on the speakers under discussion: impedance/phase vs. frequency,  frequency response, etc. plots?  

In addition to flat frequency response, the design should also be phase coherent in the crossover regions, resulting, in my understanding, in a speaker that images exceptionally well.

I was searching for such objective data, and miserably failed to find any… I have also posted these questions on the other thread and so far got nothing… 

Please chime in!  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Horn-player said:

In addition to flat frequency response, the design should also be phase coherent in the crossover regions, resulting, in my understanding, in a speaker that images exceptionally well.

I was searching for such objective data, and miserably failed to find any… I have also posted these questions on the other thread and so far got nothing… 

Excellent queries there newbie! Deep in this thread when I found this place months ago there was mention by respectable screen-named people that the mid driver and I think the "mumps" horn also the titanium tweeter came from the Klipsch Professional Speakers. Not having gone through every post again today I can only tell you that the Forte III will go down as one of the best Klipsch has ever put out. I'm a fan because I heard and then bought some Heresy IIs in 1991. Still have `em, but my F3s sound much more full and it's not just the additional bass response. I'd suggest searching for posts here by @dtel , @dtel's wife, and especially @Chief bonehead who perpetrated these Forte IIIs on my wallet:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
3 minutes ago, Ro60 said:

At the moment MI.PI. ELECTRONICS, the official importer for Klipsch product, no have the Forte III in the list.

I have no idea when they will get them, they have not been in production very long so maby it just has to catch up before being available everywhere ? 

8 minutes ago, Ro60 said:

At the moment I listen to a couple of Heresy III but the Forte III will be my next choice for the speakers.

I love the heresy but if I were you I would go for the forte lll, if I could only have one it would be the forte lll. Hope they show up in Italy before too long. 

Welcome

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:12 PM, Lasz said:

I wonder if anyone has had the chance yet to compare them to the old Forté IIs. I assume the III would be a significant upgrade to the II but I'm just curious if there are any specific areas where the IIIs really stand out compared to the IIs.

Christy and Elden own Forte'Is, Forte'IIs and the new Forte'IIIs, I would ask them for their opinion on the differences.  :D

On 9/27/2017 at 4:11 AM, chriswhotakesphotos said:

Have there been a lot of comparisons to RF7 II yet? I remember a lot of people were wondering about that since they're going to be priced similarly

I don't think RF-7ii's can hang with these myself.  Haven't A/B'ed them directly but I've done that enough with RF-7ii's and other speakers to get a pretty good idea.  

• Moderators
On 9/27/2017 at 3:04 AM, twistedcrankcammer said:

Christy and Elden own Forte'Is, Forte'IIs and the new Forte'IIIs, I would ask them for their opinion on the differences.  :D

We don't have the lll's yet, but after hearing them it's easily better than the l or ll. I really like the new midrange horn.

On September 27, 2017 at 4:11 AM, chriswhotakesphotos said:

Have there been a lot of comparisons to RF7 II yet? I remember a lot of people were wondering about that since they're going to be priced similarly

At the spring Pilgramage in Hope the F3 was unveiled in the listening room and I believe right next to the 7ll.  My wife and I favored the new Forte over the RF, it was just a sonically superior speaker. In that room, with those electronics, all being equal. When the RF played we looked at each other, kinda shrugged like nothing special here. We thought the Forte had better balance top to bottom. And I think there lies the answer - across the spectrum the Forte is the more compete package for two channel listening. The RF may be better for HT but I'm guessing as I don't own RF's nor do the HT thing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richieb said:

The RF may be better for HT but I'm guessing as I don't own RF's nor do the HT thing.  

I like the F3 for home theater. I usually set the AVR for small when I had RF-280's. One day I set the AVR at large since the F3 has a large amount of bass. My room I have now, I have to set my sub beside in the back of the room due to not having a long wall to set everything on. Once I did that, the bass seemed to come from everywhere for movies. Really enjoy the F3 for HT and of course for 2-channel. I've never heard the RF-7's though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just my thinking, a speaker that can do 2 Ch well can also do HT well, but not always the other way around.

I have only heard the RF 7 a few times so it's not completely fair but I would easily choose the Forte lll before the Rf 7. But we do like the heritage or pro line over the Rf line to start with so I'm biased. :lol:

Here is a link to the review on youtube. It is interesting to listen from 1:05 to 1:36. He states he has a problem with talking about the Forte iii as an audiophile speakers. Then backs that up by listing three speakers that each have a quality that is superior to the the Forte iii, and then immediately says that the Forte iii sounds more real than any of the three. Did He just let the mask slip? I thought real was what audiophiles were after. 

Besides (and this might be picking a small point) how does the B&W being smoother or the Maggie being more open disqualify the Forte iii from being an audiophile speaker? 

All speakers have differing strengths and it is relevant to match the strengths to ones own tastes. Maybe the Maggie shouldn't be considered an audiophile speaker because it isn't as smooth as the B&W, doesn't image as well as the Elac, & isn't as dynamic as the Klipsch. 

I think for a lot of reviewers the review is half written as soon as they see the nameplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYOs7zuFJXA

• Like 2