Forte III

oldred

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I have only heard the RF 7 a few times so it's not completely fair but I would easily choose the Forte lll before the Rf 7. But we do like the heritage or pro line over the Rf line to start with so I'm biased. :lol:

I own the original RF-7's and would take the F III's over them.  Of course that's what should happen considering the price difference.  That being said, the RF-7's are no slouch.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I own the original RF-7's and would take the F III's over them.  Of course that's what should happen considering the price difference.  That being said, the RF-7's are no slouch.

You're right they are no slouch, in the listening room at Klipsch I was quite surprised when comparing them to other models. I almost bought some when I first found Klipsch, but was looking for a smaller HT set at the time and went that way instead.

The only Rf model we have is the RB-75's we found at an auction. I don't know why I like the Heritage models better, maby it's the midrange horn I don't know. I know it's not the looks because we don't care what they look like if we like the sound, could be because i'm old and like the old style shapes ?

On 26/09/2017 at 7:49 PM, Ro60 said:

Hello everyone from Italy! Someone knows when the Forte III will be available on the italian market? At the moment I listen to a couple of Heresy III but the Forte III will be my next choice for the speakers. Thanks for the information.

Elles sont disponibles ici en France 

They are available here in France

http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Enceinte/Klipsch-Forte-III.html

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, Confab said:

Here is a link to the review on youtube. It is interesting to listen from 1:05 to 1:36. He states he has a problem with talking about the Forte iii as an audiophile speakers. Then backs that up by listing three speakers that each have a quality that is superior to the the Forte iii, and then immediately says that the Forte iii sounds more real than any of the three. Did He just let the mask slip? I thought real was what audiophiles were after. 

Besides (and this might be picking a small point) how does the B&W being smoother or the Maggie being more open disqualify the Forte iii from being an audiophile speaker? 

All speakers have differing strengths and it is relevant to match the strengths to ones own tastes. Maybe the Maggie shouldn't be considered an audiophile speaker because it isn't as smooth as the B&W, doesn't image as well as the Elac, & isn't as dynamic as the Klipsch. 

I think for a lot of reviewers the review is half written as soon as they see the nameplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYOs7zuFJXA

"Fun speaker?" Come on. That's a back-handed compliment for sure. For too long dynamics in the reproduction have been low in priority in the audiophile hierarchy. For me it is high up there. Tonality is important, a sense of blend in the overall response is needed but things like imaging and "smoothness" are not so important if dynamics are lacking. What is smoothness anyway? Smooth in terms of response yes but smooth terms of audio perception? There is a point where you can put so much crème in coffee to smooth the flavor that you lose any sense of what coffee tastes like.

Fact is many folks just don't like or appreciate compression drivers on horns in speaker systems. Maybe a prejudice or their ears don't react well to the sound pressures that such drivers emit. He thinks Miles' trumpet sounds wonderful on the Forte? So real, so "there"? Then what is the problem with Miles on every other system out there? I think what Steve is trying to say is that the Forte does a credible job but then has to condition his impression less anyone think that he reaching too far to include Klipsch with high-end equipment.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 8:17 AM, oldred said:

Got to work today ........a guy showed me a phone shot about a up coming Forte III.   Is this for real?

George,

Congratulations George on your recent purchase of those sweet looking Forte' IIs , as documented in this thread.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Need Forte III delivered to Japan, or possible bought here.

I'm a retired US military living here in Japan.  I have for long time wanted a nice set of Klipsch speakers, going back to the 70s when I first seen and listen to them.  I do have a home theater setup with dual subs PSA S1500s and a custom made LCR set of speakers, plus in-ceiling speakers for atmos.  Having said all this I really want a dedicated 2-channel system.  My preference is the new Forte iii in the dark walnut.

Can someone help explain what my options are to get a set delivered?  I know the shipping will be costly, but I still want them and willing to eat the cost.  I know they would have to go by freight, and probable would need to be palletized and placed inside a wooden box.  I have sent an inquiry to Klipsch, and am waiting on a response.

Thanks & SemperFi,

Jim

22 minutes ago, JIMinJAPAN said:

I'm a retired US military living here in Japan.  I have for long time wanted a nice set of Klipsch speakers, going back to the 70s when I first seen and listen to them.  I do have a home theater setup with dual subs PSA S1500s and a custom made LCR set of speakers, plus in-ceiling speakers for atmos.  Having said all this I really want a dedicated 2-channel system.  My preference is the new Forte iii in the dark walnut.

Can someone help explain what my options are to get a set delivered?  I know the shipping will be costly, but I still want them and willing to eat the cost.  I know they would have to go by freight, and probable would need to be palletized and placed inside a wooden box.  I have sent an inquiry to Klipsch, and am waiting on a response.

Thanks & SemperFi,

Jim

Sad that the military Exchange system USED to sell Klipsch and you could get what you wanted. I bought two pair from them (unaware that sequential serial numbers made a difference in looks only and the employees didn't know or care). Where in Japan?

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, JIMinJAPAN said:

Thanks & SemperFi,

Jim

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USNRET said:

Sad that the military Exchange system USED to sell Klipsch and you could get what you wanted. I bought two pair from them (unaware that sequential serial numbers made a difference in looks only and the employees didn't know or care). Where in Japan?

Hi Mike, yes I remember the great days of the stereo shops on the military bases.  The selection was huge!  That's where I first met Klipsch speakers.  Now they have nothing but TVs on display, and very limited audio equipment.  I'm located in Okinawa.

Jim