Forte III

oldred

@Maximus89 I used Minwax wood finish penetrating stain, a coat of Weathered Oak 270 followed by a coat of Classic Gray 271.  Given a second chance I would experiment by mixing the two stains together in different proportions rather than using two separate applications.   It is finished with Polycrylic clear satin.

The fabric is Wichelt 18 Count Lambswool Linen Fabric and is a dead ringer by my eye.

Thanks

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

While the new raw looking cherry finish is nice in it's own way.....

Those are nice, I prefer that rich reddish color too @RTR

Thanks, I feel the same way. Kudos to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for making it happen for people that have older Heritage material and wanting finishes that match.

Assume you’re a Clemson fan from your profile pic. Looking forward to Sugar Bowl Jan 1st. Hope for a good game like it’s been the last two times we’ve met. 

• Like 1

Forte III’s in the old style cherry arrived. Thanks to [mention=59101]MetropolisLakeOutfitters[/mention] The old color matches the wood furniture and the RC-64.  Cabinet quality is perfect, and the sound is incredible.
7FA8E875-9931-419D-811C-8E2D693961FB.thumb.jpeg.634e00e5b85ed165a69208276d3f1f1f.jpeg
Curious, our you using RC-64 with Forte? First time that I heard of someone using as center. Usually Academy or KLF-C7. I been using the KLF-C7 for center with Heresy III as surround.

Welcome any thoughts you want to share. Thanks, Jeff

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

Curious, our you using RC-64 with Forte? First time that I heard of someone using as center. Usually Academy or KLF-C7. I been using the KLF-C7 for center with Heresy III as surround.

I've used the 64II with Chorus II for a while and it works great. Blends very well and is almost as efficient. (99db vs 101)

• Like 2

The 64 II or the RC-7 are probably the best options for a center IMO, the 64 II seemed to have a little bit higher resolution than the 7 but the 7 is a bit "meatier" sounding with better bass response. I liked both but ultimately stuck with the 7 myself but can't go wrong either way. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlueHusky79 said:

Yes, using RC-64II with the Fortes. I had an RP-450C I was using. Went up to the 64.  There was a difference between those two.

I’m happy, but I’ve never heard the Academy or C7....probably better off not listening to those. Might want some😏......

Thanks

• Moderators
On 12/16/2017 at 10:24 AM, RTR said:

Forte III’s in the old style cherry arrived. Thanks to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters The old color matches the wood furniture and the RC-64.  Cabinet quality is perfect, and the sound is incredible.

That looks great, I really love the grain pattern on the top front edge, very nice. Sometimes you just get lucky. :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Like to know, from all of you that have had these Forte IIIs since the summer......

I remarked in another thread a couple of weeks ago that my Fortes might have broken in. Mine are corner placed in a 12 X 12 room still and the mids and highs just opened up one day. If had been an LP I was playing I'd have thought the cartridge was breaking in, but no this was with the radio on my default McIntosh Labs channel. Listening level that I use the most is 10:00 - 11:00 am on the pot. The sound just got bigger. That's it, along with the "airiness" of the distinct layers of the sounds.

The more I've listened in the past couple of weeks and had the volume pot sustained at noon or above I've had to pull the speakers out a little more. I already had a few cubic feet of space behind them for the radiator (corners 3" from side wall 8" from the back), but darn I've got to move these bad boys to a bigger room! The bass response seems to be opening up too. It's not that I hadn't utilized the amp at 60% or so at all, just the music is sounding even better. Accustomed to Heresy IIs for thirty years this is nice that what I hoped to improve is actually  improving. No respiratory or ear problems to explain this away either.

Happy, Happy :emotion-25:Joy, Joy

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

The sound just got bigger. That's it, along with the "airiness" of the distinct layers of the sounds.

I have not noticed this with ours, BUT they are used as mains for HT which I would think would be harder to tell..

But a few weeks after we got some new Cornwall's this definitely happened, I noticed it but didn't say anything. My wife asked me what did you change, it's sounds better, I was surprised. I have never experienced this before but we both noticed it within say 1-2 days of each other. It was just better overall from bass to the highs.

Coincidence or not it happened, if anything I would have thought break in may only take a couple of days at the most, but something happened with no equipment, settings or changes. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ro60 said:

Ok, I've copied the link but in this datasheet there are not the dimensions of the  packaging.

Had you said "packaging" rather than "package," your question would have been more clear.  Perhaps a PM to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters Cory Harrison could provide the dimensions of the shipping carton, if that's the package about which you're asking.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ro60 said:

Hello all! Can anyone post the overall dimension of the package of the Forte III? I've search in the web but...nothing about this.

Thanks and...merry Christmas!

I have the outside dimensions of the boxes for the forte lll.

It is 19 1/4" wide

15 3/4" deep

39" tall

Merry Christmas

• Like 2