Forte III

oldred

Had you said "packaging" rather than "package," your question would have been more clear.  Perhaps a PM to [mention=59101]MetropolisLakeOutfitters[/mention] Cory Harrison could provide the dimensions of the shipping carton, if that's the package about which you're asking.  
Thanks and sorry for my poor english...

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Ro60 said:

Thanks and sorry for my poor english...

My apology.  I was explaining my failure to understand, rather than trying  to criticize your English, which is many times better than my Espanol (despite several years of study) or any other language that might be your primary language,  I'm  glad dtel was able to help.

Merry Christmas.

• Like 3

My apology.  I was explaining my failure to understand, rather than trying  to criticize your English, which is many times better than my Espanol (despite several years of study) or any other language that might be your primary language,  I'm  glad dtel was able to help.

Merry Christmas.
No problem!
Merry Christmas!

Roberto.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ro60 said:

The problem is: will the packed Forte fit in my car? I pick up them in this week in Genova, Italy. Walnut finish.

Congrats, I'm sure they will look and sound beautiful! You can always unbox them and break down the boxes if need be, I had to do that when I picked up a pair of RF-7 II's awhile back. 

• Like 1

I'll bet you're excited.
I'm curious...I expect a larger amount of low range than the Heresy ... Forte III is certainly a more "adult" speaker of the Heresy, and certainly better than the Cornwall in particular for the size. The expectation is great!

• Like 2

I'm curious...I expect a larger amount of low range than the Heresy ... Forte III is certainly a more "adult" speaker of the Heresy, and certainly better than the Cornwall in particular for the size. The expectation is great!

You will get much more low range...and spectacular mids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm sorry DizRotus but in the end I did not go to Genoa to collect them personally. At this moment in these areas of northwest Italy there are heavy rains and above 600 meters it snows. I talked on the phone now with the Hi Fi store that confirmed the shipment: expected arrival on Friday 29/12/2017:lol:.
I will certainly post the photos of the Forte III that will greet the Heresy III. I am very sorry to deprive myself of Heresy but for reasons of space at home I could not keep both. My living room is occupied by two reel to reel recorders (TEAC X2000R and AKAI GX-635), three cassette decks (AKAI GX-95 / REVOX B-215 / AKAI GXC-570), REVOX B-760 tuner, two pre CABRE , two CABRE power amplifiers, SONY CDP 777 ES CD player, TECHNICS SP-25 / THORENS TD-124 turntables, 2 DBX 400 units, one DBX 224, one DBX 3BX, AUDIOCONTROL C-101 spectrum analyzer.

The heresy have delighted me for more than 10 years with their wonderful sound but I am sure, and your words comfort me, that the Forte will not let me down, on the contrary ...

Hello to all. The Forte III arrived home. Unfortunately I must immediately notice a serious assembly defect of one of the two speakers as in the attached images. It is certainly not a problem that occurred during transport because both the packaging and the diffuser have no sign of blows or anything else.20171228_132333.thumb.jpg.0749284fdf8d5d52e6a500290405d596.jpg20171228_132404.thumb.jpg.23eb24d49488253de08b3bf75a80480c.jpg

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Ro60 said:

The Forte III arrived home. Unfortunately I must immediately notice a serious assembly defect of one of the two speakers as in the attached images.

That is a large defect and unacceptable.  In fact, I've never seen any speaker come apart that way, so I have no idea what happened.

I suggest you send the picture to the Klipsch dealer and ask politely what they are going to do about it.  I would accept nothing less than a complete replacement of that speaker.  I would ask that both speakers be replaced as a pair because the veneer needs to match.

• Like 1

It 's early to say the listening impressions, because the speakers need to break in but listening to some tracks I can say that they sound as I expected, very detailed and balanced medium range, not as aggressive as in Heresy III. In huge quantities, in fact I will have to redo the calibrations with the spectrum analyzer. I would say listening is very positive.

Instead I am not at all satisfied with the construction and finishes (beyond the defect that can happen). The grids are in simple masonite, pressed cardboard. By removing the 4 rubber rings with great delicacy, the grange cloth tends to come off and part of the gray paper of the frame comes off with the washer. They are very delicate and certainly not up to a name like Klipsch. The cabinet finishes look good but the thickness of the box walls is ridiculous for a speaker of this performance. I would be curious to see if there are reinforcements inside the longer walls that also serve as vibration dampers. The terminal board is very beautiful and well made. The sound very generous and balanced in its range makes you forget everything else, but the thought of a grid so "poor" is always there. That of Heresy III was very well done. That of the Forte III should also be more robust given the greater development in height. Another pair of magnetic hooks on the long side would be appropriate.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That is a large defect and unacceptable.  In fact, I've never seen any speaker come apart that way, so I have no idea what happened.

I suggest you send the picture to the Klipsch dealer and ask politely what they are going to do about it.  I would accept nothing less than a complete replacement of that speaker.

Thanks for the tip wvu80, already done! I await response to the reopening in the afternoon. Obviously the speaker has to be replaced with a new one. The only thing that disturbs is that the serials are consecutive as suggested on the packaging.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1