Forte III

oldred

On 12/28/2017 at 7:36 AM, Ro60 said:

Instead I am not at all satisfied with the construction and finishes (beyond the defect that can happen). The grids are in simple masonite, pressed cardboard. By removing the 4 rubber rings with great delicacy, the grange cloth tends to come off and part of the gray paper of the frame comes off with the washer. They are very delicate and certainly not up to a name like Klipsch. The cabinet finishes look good but the thickness of the box walls is ridiculous for a speaker of this performance. 

Masonite?  Should be MDF like everything else, which is fine.  Not sure what the grid means.  

Wvu80, the cabinet in wood is equipped with a rear double cooling fan, among the quietest on the market (Noctua 7 db at 800 RPM). The final for mid / high works in class A and therefore warms up a lot. In summer the restaurant is air conditioned.

7 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Masonite?  Should be MDF like everything else, which is fine.  Not sure what the grid means.  

I understand the “grid” to be referring to the grill cloth frame.  It’s semantics, but in my experience, Klipsch Heritage have “Masonite” (a trademark commonly used to refer to all similar pressed hardboard) grill frames.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I understand the “grid” to be referring to the grill cloth frame.  It’s semantics, but in my experience, Klipsch Heritage have “Masonite” (a trademark commonly used to refer to all similar pressed hardboard) grill frames.

Thought we were talking about the baffle / motor board for some reason.  

• Like 1

One mildly interesting thing about those rubber washers is that the design seemed to change pretty quickly.  I got an early pair of the special edition california black walnut and the washers were actually on the speaker.  Later they were on the grill.  I actually have two otherwise identical lambswool grills right now and they were built in different ways.  Not sure why they changed.  

• Like 1

I have enjoyed reading the postings.  I don't know if I fit here.  About 5 years ago, I went to an insurance salvage sale.  There were two Forte II's and a Klipsch subwoofer.  I didn't get enough information about the SW.  The sale was cash only and I didn't have enough cash to buy the SW.  I bought the Forte II's for $50 and told the cashier that I would be back to buy the SW.  Imagine my disappointment when I came back and it was gone, another sale of $50. I was PXXXXX oXX, however, a month later, they had a JBL Northridge E Series-E205P.  It was huge and for sale for another $50 which I immediately snapped it up.  My other speakers are good, but nothing to brag about.  I do have a 11.2 Theater.  I have a ball.  My theater is in a separate building of 20' x 20' with about 6' wall between rooms for the water pump.

I was very happy to know what I had bought in the Klipsch forte II.

Let me know what your think.

• Like 1

I bought a TEAC X7R RTR, black, dbx, very little usage.  I have about 40 pre-recorded tapes and about 30 Maxell XLII  EE Sound Recording Tape.  About 20 are still sealed and the others had been recorded once. I also have the plastic cover for the TEAC.  I have the original boxes and packing.  I won't be using them anymore.  If you know anyone that would be interested in them, please let me know. I'm 70 and I don't have the interest I once had. jdale6@intrstar.net

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, dalej1 said:

I bought a TEAC X7R RTR, black, dbx, very little usage.  I have about 40 pre-recorded tapes and about 30 Maxell XLII  EE Sound Recording Tape.  About 20 are still sealed and the others had been recorded once. I also have the plastic cover for the TEAC.  I have the original boxes and packing.  I won't be using them anymore.  If you know anyone that would be interested in them, please let me know. I'm 70 and I don't have the interest I once had. jdale6@intrstar.net

@dalej1 Please list this in the garage sale section. Thank you. 

• Like 1

New member here.  I'm looking to upgrade from my Reference Premiers RP-260F to Forte III .  

I've been reading reviews on the Forte III's and the general consensus is that these speakers are good for rock music.  How's is it for EDM and Hip Hop, and home theater use?    I'm looking for speakers are sound crisp, precise, and detailed without being overly bright on the mid to high frequencies.  As for the low end, I have two 18" subs that'll should do its job.  I'm also using Marantz SR6011 for sound processing and Rotel RMB-1585 power amplifier (5CH @ 200w).

Thanks for your input.  

Edited by Lateral_Line

You guys are killing me; got the Cornwall IIIs as a trio of the Forte III specials could not be had as triplets. Now I want the Forte........

any Texas coastal bend folks looking for 3 lightly used, newish, walnut CIIIs with boxes?

4 minutes ago, USNRET said:

You guys are killing me; got the Cornwall IIIs as a trio of the Forte III specials could not be had as triplets. Now I want the Forte........

any Texas coastal bend folks looking for 3 lightly used, newish, walnut CIIIs with boxes?

Hows about this - keep the Corns and have Carl drop by with vodka and shaker. Sit back and enjoy --- 

But I am curious - how are you liking the new CW's? Or is your post that answer?

39 minutes ago, richieb said:

Hows about this - keep the Corns and have Carl drop by with vodka and shaker. Sit back and enjoy --- 

But I am curious - how are you liking the new CW's? Or is your post that answer?

I like them fine and even more so after replacing the tubes in my amp but I keep hearing this Forte III talk......I did try to buy them but as I said, no triplets and at that exact time when the Khorns were departing with no speakers left, no other new 3 Fortes were available

Carl knows the address, been here a couple of times...brought the wife wine but for me?

Edit: let me be clear here. In my current room (big azz open area) the Cornwalls sound better than the Belles or KHorns for 2 channel. 3 Belles for HT mode were better. KHorns (with enclosed backs) didn't work with no corners.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I seem to remember schlepping a pair of speakers down there once.  Pretty sure that was for you. 

I wondered where those were; when are you going to deliver? The great wagon train of KPT speakers from ...Tennessee or Kentucky..been a while