Forte III

oldred

7 hours ago, USNRET said:

I wondered where those were; when are you going to deliver? The great wagon train of KPT speakers from ...Tennessee or Kentucky..been a while

Now that I think about it I've delivered speakers to you twice.  Reference book shelves that I picked up in Houston for you and the pro speakers you put on your patio.

• 2 weeks later...

News on the FORTE III fault: the sales point in Italy will send the pair of speakers in the US because they want to inspect them to understand what can be done (right!). Probably in the next week I will be given a new pair of FORTE III with the same finish.

DTel: will there be a way to know from KLIPSCH the cause of the problem? I'm really curious!

Thank you all

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Your patience @Ro60 is admirable.

Thanks DizRotus but we must understand that a problem can always happen. Important to understand the value of a company is how the latter behaves towards its customers. Even the points of sale and various importers must prove to be up to the brand they represent and I must say that until now I can not complain. We also keep in mind that in the calendar there were also the Christmas festivities that have lengthened the time of at least two weeks.
It is important for KLIPSCH to see the faulty speaker and understand what it can be derived from so that it will not happen again in the future. I am sure that they understand the possible damage of image that an event of this type can involve, have a customer who believes in them and that we see a loud speaker coming from a high value. They certainly made a jump in the chair when they saw the photos that the Italian importer sent him through me. They also wanted the pictures of the packaging, in perfect condition, because they could not believe it.
I hope to find out about the cause, out of personal curiosity and of all the very kind friends of this forum. It's worth it, the FORTE III have a resounding sound
I'll keep you up-to-date.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ro60 said:

DTel: will there be a way to know from KLIPSCH the cause of the problem? I'm really curious!

I have no idea, myself I would think if the boxes look OK it came from the factory like that. Except for possible temperature problems which could cause wood to separate, also a box can be dropped in a way to not show damage but to break off drivers, have heard of that happening before also.

I just guess like everyone else, I don't work there to know of any problems, but I do know the factory does everything they can to make sure what they ship out is fine. But everyone makes mistakes, but not to the point of large pieces separating. Hope your replacement pair is perfect, it's what should be expected. I have only 2 pair new from the factory, Cornwall lll's and Forte lll's and both pair came out the box completely perfect.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 1/4/2018 at 9:30 PM, USNRET said:

I like them fine and even more so after replacing the tubes in my amp but I keep hearing this Forte III talk....

Since your room is large and you have 3 Cornwall lll's already I would keep them. To me I wouldn't sell off the Cornwalls to get the new Forte's, they do sound different from each other but not enough to say switch. After having 3 Cornwall lll's I would think you would miss some bass in that trade, even just in stereo without a sub you would probably like the Cornwalls better. Just my feelings, I have both here but never tried them side by side.

Edit; I like both designs, but they do sound different from each other. If I were standing in a showroom listening to both designs and they were the same price it would be a really tough choice.

• Like 1

In my business, I was explaining an unforeseen delay to a customer when she put up her hand to stop me and said, "I'm a cancer survivor, this is merely an inconvenience."  I wish all of my customers could put things in the proper perspective.

I too am curious about the explanation for the cabinet separation that occurred.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

Since your room is large and you have 3 Cornwall lll's already I would keep them. To me I wouldn't sell off the Cornwalls to get the new Forte's, they do sound different from each other but not enough to say switch. After having 3 Cornwall lll's I would think you would miss some bass in that trade, even just in stereo without a sub you would probably like the Cornwalls better. Just my feelings, I have both here but never tried them side by side.

Edit; I like both designs, but they do sound different from each other. If I were standing in a showroom listening to both designs and they were the same price it would be a really tough choice.

I listened to both the F3's and CW3's extensively before buying the CW3's.  ..To my ears, they were a draw (and sounded very much alike - could not pick a preference) w/ respect to smoothness and imaging.  ..But in terms of dynamics and bass extension, the CW's won pretty decisively.  ..Which they probably should given their greater cabinet volume and cost (>$1200).  That said, if I was budget or space constrained, I would have been happy w/ the F3s.  Since I was not, I could not be happier w/ my choice.

Is the newer horn on the F3 supposed to represent an improvement?  Are people just assuming it's better b/c it's newer?  

Edit: My hunch is that some Cornwall loyalists are annoyed that it now shares drivers w/ the lowly Heresy - but why would that be bad?  The Heresy is awesome! :)

• Like 2

My three Cornwall IIIs are relatively new; a few months or so. I considered Forte IIIs but I wanted them with the special finish where a trio would not be sold by Klipsch and the new custom finishes / grills were not available yet (didn't know that they would be).

All the praise heaped on the Forte IIIs had me second guessing. In fact the posts on this forum had me confused as there were Forte III, Forte 3 and F3 postings. The F3 throw me way off in my searches.

edit: I was and am happy with the C3 / CIII / Cornwall IIIs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ODS123 said:

Is the newer horn on the F3 supposed to represent an improvement?  Are people just assuming it's better b/c it's newer?  

Edit: My hunch is that some Cornwall loyalists are annoyed that it now shares drivers w/ the lowly Heresy - but why would that be bad?  The Heresy is awesome! :)

The midrange "mumps" horn is an improvement from what I've garnered from here.

What I know is compared to my Heresy IIs the Forte IIIs don't quite slam you with the sound in the same way. Sealed vs radiator? The bass is still tight and much deeper though... when you set the direct radiator with the wall(s) well. The mid makes a much better "soundstage" for vocals and instruments in that frequency range. My stock Heresy IIs need new caps but still do ok. They could never produce the kind of spaciousness and separation of the instruments that my Forte IIIs can. Since the sound-staging I'm talking about comes in the midrange I'd bet it is that "new" horn from the pro series!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DizRotus said:

In my business, I was explaining an unforeseen delay to a customer when she put up her hand to stop me and said, "I'm a cancer survivor, this is merely an inconvenience."  I wish all of my customers could put things in the proper perspective.

I too am curious about the explanation for the cabinet separation that occurred.

DizRotus, unfortunately I must tell you the same thing: I am sick of leukemia for a year and a half but in the process of recovery. Everything is ok and I lead a normal life with my job, sports, mountain bike, I continue the medical checks and the therapies and I listen as much as possible good music with the Klipsch!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello ! Ro60, I'm really sorry about what's happening to you. Fortunately Klipsch is a serious undertaking and she will repair your pair of Forte III and especially try to understand what is this problem of collage !!!

My Cornwall III arrived from Germany in summer 2016 in a truck on a pallet and transport was impeccable, the speakers were in perfect condition. However I do not remember if there was a small bag of silicate in the package.

180122095816944808.jpg

180122100609804665.jpg

Your tape recorders are superb, I myself have a Tascam 34 and a Revox B77 MKII full track master in 38cm/s: splendid

• Like 4

Thank you for your testimony Mustang!

Tomorrow afternoon the FORTE III will leave from home to their place of birth, another pair of FORTE III with the same finish is traveling to Genoa (Italy).

I'm sure everything will be ok. The Italian importer and sales points were very kind and fast.

Thanks also to Klipsch for the attention to the customer.

The TASCAM 34B have a superb sound.

DSCN6951.JPG

• Like 5

• Moderators

Cool looking room, really like the cabinet, never seen one like that before.

IMO center the forte's with the windows slightly angled in, it will spread them out a little more and might look better, maby ?

Liking them so far? Those grills are nice looking.

Welcome

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Very nice, matches your room well....congrats.

How do they sound?

Thx!  So far I've been listening for a few hours.  My initial impression is that the highs and mids are much more prominent than my RP-260's.  The highs are ever so slightly on the bright side, but i am anticipating these babies to sound warmer up as i break them in.  

3 hours ago, dtel said:

Cool looking room, really like the cabinet, never seen one like that before.

IMO center the forte's with the windows slightly angled in, it will spread them out a little more and might look better, maby ?

Liking them so far? Those grills are nice looking.

Welcome

Thx Dtel.  So far so good!  Very crisp and detailed. I just tried to upload a pic of the speakers angled-in and spreaded out a bit, but this forum platform isn't allowing over 2mb.

• Like 2