Forte III

oldred

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! Today, finally, I have arrived at my house two new Forte III, consecutive serial and this time everything is perfect. They are already playing for a few hours, you must have the patience to do a bit of break-in but as I had already heard from the previous couple, they play very well and the low range, one that was lacking in Heresy III, here is very present and full-bodied . Naturally, I must thank all those interested in replacing my loudspeakers, from Klipsch to the Italian importer MPI Electronics in Milan and up to the Hi-Fi Prestige store in Genoa in the person of Mrs Carla. They were all very kind and quick as possible.

• Like 7

On 2/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, Ro60 said:

I avoided removing the four rubber washers, as suggested by the warning because otherwise it becomes almost impossible to be able to remove the grill again

What do you mean? The rubber washers are for shipping purposes. The grills are easily removed without them.

What do you mean? The rubber washers are for shipping purposes. The grills are easily removed without them.
I know, but without the rubber washers the grills goes flush with the edge of the speakers and with the nails it becomes difficult to remove them. If I leave the washers, is there any problem?

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Ro60 said:

If I leave the washers, is there any problem?

I wouldn't see any problem leaving them, they will just look a little different but it shouldn't hurt anything. Glad they arrived in better shape then the last ones. :emotion-21:

• Like 2

I wouldn't see any problem leaving them, they will just look a little different but it shouldn't hurt anything. Glad they arrived in better shape then the last ones. :emotion-21:
Thank you Dtel! I'd be curious to understand the previous problem.

• 4 weeks later...
Never had a chance to take a listen.  How do they compare to RF-7's?

I've never listened to the RF-7 but FORTE II really like them. Low range extended and well braked and balanced, never booming. It does not regret the bass horn load. Extremely efficient with just a few watts, they are able to create very large environments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Ro60 said:

Extremely efficient with just a few watts, they are able to create very large environments.

Yes they are, They have a very good overall sound, balanced from the top to the bottom. If your not use to Klipsch they may sound a little bright at first but that's is the Klipsch overall sounds, and it's not really bright just a live sound, nothing is muffled or laid back. It's a big part of what In like about the sound, and the efficiency is great, very handy.

Hope you enjoy them. :emotion-29:

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Ro60 said:

Fantastic and beautiful finish! My are in American walnut.

Same here, thought about the distressed Oak but went with the Walnut, was a little worried the Oak might have been a little grey looking unlike the other speakers in the room. The Walnut looks great.

Now that you have new speakers can I have your 2 R2Rs?
Hahaha! No, I'm extremely jealous of my tape recorders. In addition to these two I also have a TASCAM 34B. Their sound with FORTE III is amazing![emoji1]

• Like 2

• 3 months later...