The 15s! by Klipsch

mr clean

I haven't been using apple very long and don't copy and paste much. Its on this site if you can find them. I will post a pic when the wife get up. Just put in ces 2017 on the search on this site. What I mean is on klipsch.com. Not the forums.  I just found it on here. Paste it if you will please :)

1 hour ago, Deang said:

I'm seriously considering buying these - that - or a pair of Forte III combined with a NAD D3020. 

Buy them! You could be the first. Something to tell the grandkids one day:). They do look nice. Look like micro klipschorns.  Hope they sound that way. 

The Fifteens are drop dead gorgeous.  Curious to know more technical details on them, e.g. are the fully active, or do they have passive networks a la the R-15PMs (relevant to your amp concerns, Dean), or if there are plans to offer a passive version, for all the tube nerds and old school purists who are strictly interested in the speakers themselves.

• Like 2

Ya, those definitely stood out to me too, I thought they were absolutely gorgeous when I first saw them. Nice that they are bringing back the Forte's, I really like that they are keeping PWK's legacy alive. I never had the pleasure of hearing the Forte's but I hear they are amazing. I was honestly surprised they didn't bring back the Chorus's! I guess I am a little bias toward the Chorus's because they were my first heritage speaker! 

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, Deang said:

I'm seriously considering buying these - that - or a pair of Forte III combined with a NAD D3020. 

I have a 3080 and have owned a 3090 a few years ago. Awesome amps. But I associate that NAD series with a soft dome preference. Those NAD's are rather precise, a horn could get a bit harsh. Mellow them out via soft dome is what I think. Of course each ones ears are different, and a 3020 aint no 3090 (not heard the 3080 much yet).

Thanks.

Srinath.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Ski Bum said:

The Fifteens are drop dead gorgeous.  Curious to know more technical details on them, e.g. are the fully active, or do they have passive networks a la the R-15PMs (relevant to your amp concerns, Dean), or if there are plans to offer a passive version, for all the tube nerds and old school purists who are strictly interested in the speakers themselves.

I agree, would like to see a passive version of these fine looking speakers. Built in electronics will enviably wear out or even sooner yet become outdated at a much faster rate than the speakers themselves. It's one thing to toss out a little boom box but to have large floorstanders fail or become obsolete would be a nightmare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

I agree, would like to see a passive version of these fine looking speakers. Built in electronics will enviably wear out or even sooner yet become outdated at a much faster rate than the speakers themselves. It's one thing to toss out a little boom box but to have large floorstanders fail or become obsolete would be a nightmare.

Well, not just the risk of failure or obsolescence with the electronics, but the Fifteens are by far the coolest looking new design to come out of Klipsch since, well, forever.  They have the looks of actually reflecting the design principles of PWK, unlike virtually all of the post PWK, tall skinny tower crop of products.  The Fifteens actually look like real Klipsch, something PWK would be proud to bring to market, something that has more than a snowball's chance of checking a lot of boxes on the eight cardinal rules list.  I was actually quite surprised to find out that Roy was not involved with these.

Anywho, they're too cool to restrict to the lazy plug-and-play audience.  Give us passive versions, Klipsch overlords!