Choosing system components

dmartyna

Finally getting my theatre room.  Would love some feedback....This is the plan

Front: RF7Bii

Center: RC64Bii

Sides: RP250SB

Back: CDT5800Cii In-ceiling

I have been debating between the Anthem AVM 60 and Rotel RSP 1582

I have a decent Anthem 3 channel Amp with 200 Watts per channel all driven that I would use for my front channels and I would either top that up with an Anthem PVA  4 amp for the rest (125 watt per channel) Or if I really push my budget the MCA 525 (225 per channel)

If I go with Rotel,  the 5 Channel RMB-1585. 

Any feedback on this system would be appreciated.

Also, the RF7Bii front speakers will be semi-built in.  Do I need to worry about getting air to these.  Any idea on what clearance I need or will putting them in a confined area totally kill the sound?  I have the ability to open the space behind the speakers into a small storage room that is directly behind the TV and front channels.

Thanks in advance for any input.

D

• Moderators

What is the "B" in the RF-7ii? 

2 minutes ago, dmartyna said:

Also, the RF7Bii front speakers will be semi-built in.  Do I need to worry about getting air to these.  Any idea on what clearance I need or will putting them in a confined area totally kill the sound?

I would caution against putting the RF-7ii in any type of enclosure.  I had my RF-83 behind a false wall which you would think wouldn't be that big of a deal since it's very open, not truly enclosed but it ALWAYS sounded much better when I brought them out in front of the false wall than behind.

Here was my previous false wall.

d010008b_TheaterRoom1.jpeg

Here you can see the wall without the "doors" on the false wall where the RF-83's used to be.

140ec589_door6.jpeg

My guess is being enclosed causes too many reflections?  Not sure exactly....I just know I wasn't ever pleased with the sound for music when they were behind the false wall.  Movies aren't as critical so they sounded great for that.

Power should be fine. Honestly, the only speakers that really need it in my system are the mains and the center. Surrounds could probably be run off an ARV. 

I would be a little concerned about going with in ceiling back speakers. I had a similar setup at my last home and they always stuck out as easily localized. I ended up just turning them off. In fact, even in my current set up I haven't gone through the motions to hook up my surround back channels as I find I don't miss them one bit.

Like Youthman said, I would avoid boxing in those speakers. The paperwork that comes with them I think Klipsch specifies keeping the actual speakers 2' from either wall. I have never had mine 'enclosed' but I notice a huge difference just if they are tucked in too close to the wall. 

8 hours ago, dmartyna said:

I have been debating between the Anthem AVM 60

I have a decent Anthem 3 channel Amp with 200 Watts per channel all driven that I would use for my front channels and I would either top that up with an Anthem PVA  4 amp for the rest (125 watt per channel) Or if I really push my budget the MCA 525 (225 per channel)

Excellent choice for processing/amplification.  Anthem build great gear, period.

8 hours ago, dmartyna said:

Finally getting my theatre room.  Would love some feedback....This is the plan

Front: RF7Bii

Center: RC64Bii

Sides: RP250SB

Back: CDT5800Cii In-ceiling

I can't see why you would not be happy with those.:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Bill