Enclosing vintage Khorns like the new 70th ones

Has anyone tried to enclose the back on their vintage K-horns like Klipsch has done with the new 70 anniv. edition K-horns???

.... also in a related subject, where can I get the 'rubber tubing' looking stuff that i see on some K-horns to 'seal' them into the corner of the room?

Thanks all. 

Edited by Klipschunger

Hi, you may want to begin looking at the different specific areas of the forum, and post your questions, such as this, in those appropriate areas.  You may also want to do a search of the forum for answers to your questions, that may have been (and probably have been) asked before....

• Like 1

On 1/6/2017 at 6:39 AM, ricktate said:

To seal it to the wall just use pipe foam insulation. If on smooth floor try some Grippers on the bottom of the speakers. There are 100s of posts on enclosing the backs. You got pic of yours??

no pics yet... they still on the trailer sealed up tight for the night. travelled 2 hours to get em, then mini blizzard hit... white knuckle 4.5 hour return trip, plows hadn't plowed. i think i hit a top speed of 40 at one point tho!!!   so, unload in the morning, then work. yes! work on Sunday.... uhhg!. i'll post pics when i do get em in the house, but can't set em up yet we have a major Reno starting anytime now... set up will have to wait.  I bought his pre and amps he was using while i was there, he auditioned them and my jaw hit floor.... so, turns out he is some audio engineer and built off of 'Borbely's' plans... i guess he was the one from Hafler and OMG!!! are these things sweet!!  2 mono mosfet power amps with all the build sheets etc.... and the pre amp with build sheets etc.... I can't wait to set this stuff up!!!

He gave me lots of stuff from PWK also... 'Audio Papers' in a binder contains stuff like 'Symposium on Auditory Perspective', and all kinds of stuff. If anyone wants to see some of this stuff lmk... i can post pics of the papers he used etc.... i just read through a bunch and my head is hurting... but in a good way. lol .  

On 1/6/2017 at 6:39 AM, ricktate said:

To seal it to the wall just use pipe foam insulation. If on smooth floor try some Grippers on the bottom of the speakers. There are 100s of posts on enclosing the backs. You got pic of yours??

Good news... they came with the backing i am talking about already on them!!!  Thank you!

On 1/7/2017 at 6:49 PM, Klipschunger said:

no pics yet... they still on the trailer sealed up tight for the night. travelled 2 hours to get em, then mini blizzard hit... white knuckle 4.5 hour return trip, plows hadn't plowed. i think i hit a top speed of 40 at one point tho!!!   so, unload in the morning, then work. yes! work on Sunday.... uhhg!. i'll post pics when i do get em in the house, but can't set em up yet we have a major Reno starting anytime now... set up will have to wait.  I bought his pre and amps he was using while i was there, he auditioned them and my jaw hit floor.... so, turns out he is some audio engineer and built off of 'Borbely's' plans... i guess he was the one from Hafler and OMG!!! are these things sweet!!  2 mono mosfet power amps with all the build sheets etc.... and the pre amp with build sheets etc.... I can't wait to set this stuff up!!!

Found some stuff on Borbely  http://www.audioxpress.com/assets/upload/files/The Borbely AnnalsAX012_019.pdf  So, the pre and both mono mosfets are his build kits from Borbely... they are amazing sounding from when he demo'd them for me when I went to pick them up. He is in his 80's so I didn't think it appropriate for me to ask him if I could put on some Pink Floyd to see how the setup handled a few more watts, but he did put on Pachelbel and that sounded great especially with his vaulted ceilings! The demo crew showed up yesterday to start the renovations.... 4 weeks before I can get them setup according to the contractor... because of the new floors etc we have going in. But can't wait!!!

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, ricktate said:

Don't forget the top hat comes off for easier moving........I know a lot of people who have moved them and I asked...did you take this off first....they say....OOOHHHHH  crap....lol

I am one of those OOOOOOOHHHHH crap people.

Thanks.

Srinath.

• Like 1