INUKE On/Off issues

RoboKlipsch

Pretty straightforward issue diagnosis but I do not know what if anything to do here.  Short explanation:

Already had an INUKE3000DSP and INUKE6000DSP working together, plugged into same outlet, working perfectly

1) I bought a new INUKE3000DSP for my upstairs theater.  Thinking I might modify the fan eventually, I took my older 3000DSP and moved it upstairs.  I took out the new INUKE3000DSP, updated the settings to my setup and hooked it up.  When turning on, there was a small pop.  Turning it off, there was a louder pop.  Not damaging sounding, but a bit concerning.  When the INUKE came, there was a rattle inside, and the fan cover had come off.  It appears glued on, so I placed it back on and it stuck and I closed it back up (FYI).

2) I decided after a few days to order a replacement INUKE, that it might be defective.  So I just opened that one up, set it up, and turned it on.  The on pop was less.  But the off pop was really big.  It also had the fan cover off which I put back on.  The pop was big enough to be concerning, really loud.  I tried another outlet, no difference (and no hum during use).

I'm kind of at a loss.  The original INUKE I got came from a member here, was not modified, and has no pop and works fine.  The two that I ordered from Amazon both had the fan covers off (which isn't a performance issue but maybe indicative of handling?).  Otherwise, the nukes seem to function just fine.  Did I just get lucky with the older INuke3000DSP?  Should I contact Behringer for their take?  Help is appreciated!  

28 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

t damaging sounding, but a bit concerning.  When the INUKE came, there was a rattle inside, and the fan cover had come off.  It appears glued on, so I placed it back on and it stuck and I closed it back up (FYI).

2) I decided after a few days to order a replacement INUKE, that it might be defective.  So I just opened that one up, set it up, and turned it on.  The on pop was less.  But the off pop was really big.  It also had the fan cover off which I put back on.  The pop was big enough to be concerning, really loud.  I tried another outlet, no difference (and no hum during use).

I'm kind of at a loss.  The original INUKE I got came from a member here, was not modified, and has no pop and works fine.  The two that I ordered from Amazon both had the fan covers off (which isn't a performance issue but maybe indicative of handling?).  Otherwise, the nukes seem to function just fine.  Did I just get lucky with the older INuke3000DSP?  Should I contact Behringer for their take?  Help is appreciated!  

I have two 6000DSP's and occasionally get a small thump when turning them off or on. I would say 90% of the time they just turn off without any noise whatsoever. I haven't really played with it to see what is repeatable, but I think it related to what sort of signal is running at the time they are power cycled, so I tend to start them up before anything else is on and shut them down after everything else is turned off. You might try that and see if it helps. 

Also, how are you shutting them off? I was reading a thread over on AVS forum yesterday where some people cycle the power using a power conditioner or power strip instead of the power button on the unit and that seems to cause them to thump. 

52 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:
  1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

Power amps should be the very last components turned on when turning your system on and the first thing shut off when powering the system down. There shouldn't be a pop that way. 

Should i try another replacement?

See, I haven't noticed any popping doing it the opposite way.

It's like if there is a signal being distributed through the system from the Apple TV or Xbox to the receiver when I click on my iNuke, I get a thump. But with everything off, no worries. What he is saying makes sense though because those 12v plugs essentially delay the amp startup a few seconds.  

I probably wouldn't trade it in for a new one unless you seriously think it is going to damage something. Odd that it is just that one 3000DSP and your others don't have a problem. It seems like I have read enough of people having similar experiences not to worry much about it. 

The popping is a common problem with I Nukes hooked up to power strips or 12 volt triggers.  I had that happen a long time ago if memory severs me right.  I have had the I Nuke amps connected to my Rocketfish power console and no pop.  Currently I have six I Nuke plugged directly to the wall and no pop turning them on or off.  I don't use any particular order of turning things on or off.

A lot of people that power on the amp with the front push control don't complain of a pop.  I also use a group loop isolator but, don't know if this has anything to do with it.  I did get rid of the pop when using the Rocketfish power console by having certain components cut on and off first via the Harmony remote.

The problems stems from a voltage mismatch between something in the system.  This can occur when using home av equipment with pro gear.  I wish I could be of more helpl