Help with Living Room Setup

Magnav0x

Hello everybody I do have a litte problem! :unsure:

I got everything out of the the RP 280 (www.klipsch.com/products/reference-premiere-home-theater-systems#rp-280) for a 5.1 setup.

Everrything works fine has amazing sound and look stunning BUT in my room I cannot place the surround speakers left and right of my listening position.

I have 2 Options. (The room is 19 feet by 16 feet so no funny shapes involved but the windows are blocking some of my option)

Option 1

I can place them further back (within the recommended 110 degees) and about 3 feet above my listening position but this puts them about 1.3 feet from the back wall.

But if I do this do I turn the speakers so that the center of the speaker points to my listening position and what mount do I get for that?

Option 2

I can place them left and right of my listening position but about 4,3 feet above my listening position which is about 1 feet from the ceiling (and about 2/3 of the speakers would hang over See Picture).

I cannot place it on the back wall becasue the back wall is one big window.

Both Options are not ideal but which would you recommend?

I thank everybody in advance for their help. :D

P.S. Excuse my gramma and spelling errors I am from Austria (Europe) so not a native english speaker :) 

imageedit_2_8636266086.jpg

Edited by Magnav0x

I would think either option should work.  I favor the one that is the easiest for running the wires since this sounds like a living room setup.  Before hanging speakers from the ceiling, consider some in-ceiling speakers.  They work great and look good.

• Like 1

Thanks for the awser :) 

Unfortunately I cannot place in ceilling speaker in my house becuase we have old brick walls.

I think I will go with Option one but do you think placing the surround speaker on something like this

(https://www.amazon.com/Invision-Ultra-Modern-Mounted-Glass/dp/B006G0UF8A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1483827060&sr=8-4&keywords=Invision®+Ultra)

will work? (On the german amazon site this only costs like 40 bucks :mellow:)

Edited by Magnav0x