Newbie to forum just wanted to post pics of new RF-7Ii w/ RC64II in cherry

knackll

Hello-New to the Klipsch forum and wanted to post pics of my new Klipsch RF-7Ii with the RC64II in cherry. These speakers are incredibly awesome. I can not believe the difference in high quality sound I was missing. I'm pushing them with a Yamaha RX-A3050. I Now need the replace my rears & presence speakers.

20170107_080002_Richtone(HDR).jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Great looking setup.  It's hard to tell in the photo but do you have your center angled up towards your listening position?

It certainly doesn't look like it.  Not going to enjoy the full benefit of it firing at your feet.

Very nice! I may end up going the RF-7 II route if they get discounted enough with the roll out of the new product line. I agree with the center speaker positioning, it should be titled up and aimed directly at your face / ear level, maybe even set it under your TV if possible. Congrats on the new set up and enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

Great looking setup.  It's hard to tell in the photo but do you have your center angled up towards your listening position?

I agree, just awesome looking.  If the answer to Youthman's question is no, then I would highly suggest you move the RC-64II to the top shelf if possible.

Bill

• Like 1

• Moderators

Another suggestion is to angle the RF-7ii inwards slightly so that the horns are aimed slightly behind your listening position.  Play with the angle as you will find sometimes moving them 1" can make a huge difference in your soundstage.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Another suggestion is to angle the RF-7ii inwards slightly so that the horns are aimed slightly behind your listening position.  Play with the angle as you will find sometimes moving them 1" can make a huge difference in your soundstage.

They really are not far enough apart to generate a good soundstage.  It may look pretty but it certainly won't sound very good.  5-6 feet apart is not enough I see it all the time.  You don't have much wall there swap there positions with the subs..

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Frzninvt said:

It may look pretty but it certainly won't sound very good.  5-6 feet apart is not enough I see it all the time.

In all fairness, have you visited his home?  ;)  Sounds to me like the OP loves how they sound already.  Any improvements he can do (angle, distance, etc) would merely be an improvement to what his ears are already hearing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Youthman said:

In all fairness, have you visited his home?  ;)  Sounds to me like the OP loves how they sound already.  Any improvements he can do (angle, distance, etc) would merely be an improvement to what his ears are already hearing.

No I haven't and I don't need to it's just standard audio dynamics.

http://www.audiophysic.com/aufstellung/regeln_e.html

thats funny Charles. whats the temp up there, its like 3 here        haven't been out in days

Knack, congrats on your new speakers. when i had the same setup my cherry veneer was really dark and yours look really light. enjoy

14 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

No I haven't and I don't need to it's just standard audio dynamics.

http://www.audiophysic.com/aufstellung/regeln_e.html

I went to the link. I think PWK would completely disagree with sentence number 1, rule number 1. So I stopped there. So much for standard audio dynamics. LOL! 

OP, welcome to the forum, don't take any of the "advice" personally, but do test out and apply what you find useful to your situation and personal tastes. I hope you enjoy your new setup! 

• Moderators

OP, the key is to try different things as acoustics, distance, angles do indeed effect the overall sound of your setup.  I remember how much I loved it when I got my RF-83 and an RC-7.  I had the RC-7 above the TV and someone from this forum suggested I angle the center downwards towards my listening position.  I could not believe how much better the center sounded after doing so.  We are not trying to be critical, we just want your setup to be the absolute best it can be.  Oh yeah......they like to be played loud too.  :D

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

They really are not far enough apart to generate a good soundstage.

This looks like it applies in your setup unless your seating position in no more than about 7 feet away.

56 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

It may look pretty but it certainly won't sound very good.

Kind of a blanket statement to make but it could be better worded like "it won't sound it's best".

59 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

You don't have much wall there swap there positions with the subs..

I do think this is worth a try and think it would still be visually awesome.

Bill

• Like 1

I think his stand is dictating where the speakers go. The stand probably has adjustable shelves, so he could move the RF7ls outside the stand, unjust the shelves for looks, and probably get a better soundstage. Might as well move the center to the top of the smaller TV stand, then place the TV on top of the RC64ll. He's probably watching this thread and thinking "next these guys will be at my door wanting to re-position my room":D (just trying to help)

• Like 1