A-55G Midrange Driver....

SWL

Got the new A-55G's today and I've had them installed for about 30 minutes of listening so far. Initial impressions are good....but different. It now sounds like I have a much larger and more defined midrange that is for sure. This puts the KLF-30 sound much closer to the Heritage sound. It is gonna take some getting used to on my part because I'm generally not a fan of the Heritage sound for the most part.

More to come...

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Someone else commented that after installing these in some KLF-20's that the midrange was recessed. I'm hearing the opposite. The mids are huge and clean.

For the first time I'm hearing first hand what it means to 'live in the midrange'. This is different for me but I'm liking it. It is not 'forward' midrange and it is not taking anything away from the bass.

• Like 1

Another description of these was that they made the sound "more open and natural". I would say that description is right on but I would also add 'more detailed'.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SWL said:

Another description of these was that they made the sound "more open and natural". I would say that description is right on but I would also add 'more detailed'.

That was my experience when I replaced the old single phase plug k-55v in my HIP's, the difference was very noticeable.

As good as these mid drivers are the biggest improvement for my speakers were the new tweeters, the CT-120's. I cannot say enough good things about either of these products from Bob Crites, well worth the time and money spent IMO.