Any Klipschorns for sale willing to ship to the UK

POOKY

Hi sorry if I'm not doing this right but this is my first visit to this forum, great reading the threads here. I am over in the UK but would really love to buy a pair of K horns, have wanted a pair for years. Does anyone have a pair for sale that would be willing to ship to the UK ? I know it won't be the easiest or cheapest but they rarely come up for sale here. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping a pair of K-horns to the UK would be $$  I might part with mine,  1981 models, original owner. Every time I crank them my neighbor calls the cops, so I seldom really listen to them anymore.  I would part with them for $2500 cdn but shipping will be 3-500 I am sure.  I want to find them a great home, there are a few minor scratches and some small chips from dragging them about over 35 years.  I will check on shipping. 

• Like 1

Are you looking for new or used?  I'm presuming used since you are asking on the forum.

If new, then you might consider the Jubilee which was designed to become the 'Klipschorn II' but never made it to the residential lineup (it's located in their cinema lineup)

I've emailed Ralph who lives in Slough with a link.  Unless things have changed, I think he's able to import some of these things and at one time (presumably continues to today) he had a pair of Jubilee's in his flat.

If you're looking at NEW Khorns, then as I understand it, the Jubilee was (at one time) able to be imported for similar dollars to the Khorn because of the favorable exchange rate.  I don't know if/how that has changed since then (I think it was around 2008/9)

If I still have his accurate email, hopefully he'll pop up and chime in.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for all the very helpful replies, I am hopefully just about to secure a pair in Europe but will need another pair this year as I'm building a sound system. Good used K horns are what I'm looking for, will possibly be replacing some wiring and crossovers but would like the horns etc to be in good condition. I don't know if this is right but I'm told you are buying great piece of furniture where the parts can be easily replaced if required,

1 hour ago, POOKY said:

I don't know if this is right but I'm told you are buying great piece of furniture where the parts can be easily replaced if required,

I would concur that a Khorn is a fine piece of furniture where the parts can be easily replaced.  When I bought mine (or speak to someone who is looking at a used pair) I always have the comment that it's condition of the box first... condition of the box second....and condition of the box third. 

I personally put 99.9999999999999% of my concerns into the box itself because as said, the internal parts can be easily replaced.

I'd rather have a Rosewood or Ebony Khorn in excellent shape but, blown drivers than a perfectly working Khorn with water damage...

Hi Pooky,

hopefully you have sourced a pair of Klipschorns. I have a pair with Volti mods which take them to another level.

I have here a pair of ALK Universal crossovers for the Klipschorns built by Greg Roberts of Volti Audio under license from ALK Engineering. They are in super condition and only been used for a couple of months from new.

You will need to replace the stock crossovers as these give a big step up in sound.

If you are interested you can reply here or send an email to nigelj47@aol.com

I can send pics of them if you like.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm looking for a "well taken care of" pair of KB-XX Klipschorns preferably pre 1985. I'm located in the Sacramento, Ca. If you are holding a pair and want to part with them, get in touch with me. I am open to traveling but not a great distance. Thank you!