HH Scott 299b- rebuilt by NOSVALVES SOLD

hcnelly

Up for sale is a very clean vintage HH Scott 299b integrated amplifier....I had it recently rebuilt and tuned up by Craig in June of 2016....i have only put about 30 hours or so on this unit since, and it has a glorious mid-range presence and everything works great....this Scott is ready to go....I'm selling this unit because my wife and I are having our first baby....

I am including the detailed instructions from NosValves on how to properly bias this device....all of the tubes are accounted for and are in working condition...the face plate has a strong scratch right above the hh scott logo, and some slight fading on some of the lettering....other than that, the face plate looks excellent 
This will come well packaged and double boxed...the fuse will be taken out and put in a little baggie and bubble wrapped, taped to the chassis...I will also take out the 7189 power tubes and bubble wrap them for safety...this unit will be insured and require a signature upon delivery... $925 shipped

20161223_105800-2656x1494.jpg

20161223_105816_crop_769x639.jpg

20161223_105809-2124x1195.jpg

20161223_105834-2124x1195.jpg

• Like 3

Nice looking amp!  If you are selling due to concerns about little hands touching hot tubes you might build a plexiglass cover.   That is what I did following some instructions from Thebes a few years ago.  It took much longer to finish than I expected but came out good enough for a first try.  

Here is Thebes' thread from 2004:  

Selling for baby furniture funds is how I wound up letting my 1948 GMC pickup go.  Had the original visor and everything... the things we do for our kids!

• Like 3