Update: Mom passed away this morning 1/23/17

avguytx

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

So sorry to hear this.  It reminds me too well of days past with my parents.  Prayers of comfort for you and your mother.

Exactly what I was thinking, 

7 hours ago, avguytx said:

prayers for a comfortable and peaceful passing whenever that time comes.  

I think you said it best, done as asked.

21 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Now I feel like a fool for noticing that my subject line says "padding" instead of "passing".  Can a moderator please change that or is it something I can do? 

Thano you all for your kind comments. 

I saw it and didn't want to correct you especially with the subject matter.  If you're concerned about typos, look at the post I quoted.;)

23 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Now I feel like a fool for noticing that my subject line says "padding" instead of "passing"

Of course, everyone noticed.  Of course, being the sort of place Klipsch is, not a soul said anything due to the nature of the post.  Now, do that in an audio post and you're toast! 

Dave

• Like 2

She is down to her final hours now. All of the signs are showing that the time is near. She has been comfortable and peaceful, overall, and I pray it continues. Respiratory is down to 9 or 10 per minute and hasn't been very responsive today as far as asking for a drink or even being agitated when being moved around in bed by the nurses. I've been here every day and night since last Monday and have seen it progress. It's hard to watch and experience but I felt like I needed to be here as much as possible as there isn't anyone else. I'm the only child of an only child. 

I pray for a peaceful passing for you, mom. I love you...

One week later, she's still alive but Dr's say 72 hours or less. She's not been responsive to anything in a week and is almost in a comatose state. I went to see her earlier for awhile and came back home to sleep in my own bed for the first time in two weeks. I know in my heart that I've done all I can do and I have no regrets. I'll go to work tomorrow, also for the first time in two weeks, and just wait for the call when they say it's close or she's gone. It's in God's hands...it has been in God's hands. Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers. 

• Like 1