Factory Klipsch woofers for the forte 2

fluidcool

Well i posted here before about my Forte 2 woofers.. I replaced them with Bob Crites woofers and tweets and his crossover kit. After I was done It never sounded the same :(. Called bob said it needed breakin time so did all u guys. Long story short after i removed bobs tweets back to factory they got better. Then the woofers still wouldnt handle the bass.. so I called "KLIPSCH" They sent me 2 new factory drivers!! for 208 bucks shipped!! The quality is unsurpassed .. All my sound is back!!! Just like the original :)  Only buy factory Klipsch parts!!! I never like to bash people .. But i really feel i got ripped off to the tune of 370 dollars By Bob Crites  and his Klipsch downgrades!!! Bob didnt even return my emails when asking about his speaker specs about the originals.. On the phone he blamed it on my boxes and gaskets. took lots of extra work and time but i found the problem.. thanks for all the help boys :)

Fluidcool,

Glad you got the sound you were hoping for.  Yes good price from Klipsch.

On the other issue, Bob is not a "rip you off" kind of guy.  His reputation on this forum and other ones is pretty unstained.   Many many many very happy customers all around.  Sorry his woofers were not your cup of tea.

Enjoy your "new" forte' IIs.

Bill

• Like 3

Oooo I actually thought Crites parts were the schnitz. Were these the eminence "speced to Crites" spec.

Are his XO's any good ??? Or you're back to factory on those too ???

I may need to do something like this on my Khorn's. Just buy high quality replacement gold cap is what I was thinking, but Crites and a few others also crossed my mind.

Thanks.

Srinath.

1 hour ago, fluidcool said:

Well i posted here before about my Forte 2 woofers.. I replaced them with Bob Crites woofers and tweets and his crossover kit. After I was done It never sounded the same :(. Called bob said it needed breakin time so did all u guys. Long story short after i removed bobs tweets back to factory they got better. Then the woofers still wouldnt handle the bass.. so I called "KLIPSCH" They sent me 2 new factory drivers!! for 208 bucks shipped!! The quality is unsurpassed .. All my sound is back!!! Just like the original :)  Only buy factory Klipsch parts!!! I never like to bash people .. But i really feel i got ripped off to the tune of 370 dollars By Bob Crites  and his Klipsch downgrades!!! Bob didnt even return my emails when asking about his speaker specs about the originals.. On the phone he blamed it on my boxes and gaskets. took lots of extra work and time but i found the problem.. thanks for all the help boys :)

You need to take a deep breath before you post something like this again.  Only buy factory Klipsch parts?  Really?  If there are any available, maybe...You never like to bash people?  Well, you just did.  Ripped off by Bob Crites?  You obviously have a lot to learn, not only about audio, but also about etiquette and class and grace.  Don't expect any more help if you are going to continue in this manner.

• Like 7

all right let me make this clear for all members!!! had a failure on one of the woofers on the forte 2 woofers the surround cracked.. Looked around found this site. Bought bobs replacement woofers for the forte 2 did the cap upgrade too and the tweets.. 360 bucks . called bob told hi i didnt like the sound . wanted to return them. in so many words said no!! let them break in. well they didnt break in!! so i had an amp failure got another amp then its the amp.. then still sounds like shit. then called bob he told me it was speaker box issues gaskets and so on more breakin . on and on no return !!! so then i changed out the tweets to factory sounded better .. then seen they had the ne w forte 3 out gonna buy them !!! Klipsch told me on the phone after i talked about my problems to buy replacements!! factory certified!! they sound perfect and guess what they work no mid bass distortion they handle the watts like before u guys do what u will but all i got outta bob so far is a 60 dollar set of caps that i tested when i took them out and they were well within spec. besides the factory parts are cheaper than bobs and you cant go wrong at the factory they just sound and perform like they say!!! I'm happy

23 minutes ago, fluidcool said:

3 pleats on one side 4 on the other glued wrong

I can see how they got 1 wrong ... but 2 woofers and 2 tweeters - In fact I can see how they got both woofers wrong - In a mass produced environment if you get 1 wrong, likely the machine that made it was off for several hours and cranked out 1000's. In the early 2000's I bought spark plugs for my bike, from 2 different stores on the same day - both without threads. Wish I had kept it, I was so mad, I went back and the guy swapped out both, even though I only got 1 from them.

That explains 2 messed up woofers, but how tweeters too ???

Cool.

Srinath.

Here's the deal.   It's not a matter of wanting you to go away.  It's a matter of wanting you to: (Please)

1.  Calm down

2.  Describe either a problem or experience in a somewhat logical, non-rambling manner

3.  Ask coherently for advice, and in a manner that is just a bit easier to read and understand.

4.  Never accuse someone of ripping you off, regardless of the reputation of that member.  Those issues MUST be dealt with privately, via PM or your private email.

Lots of folks here have strong opinions about audio concepts, equipment, media, etc....as well as other things like politics, football, hockey, hot sauce and martini's....

Take a breath, have a listen to your new setup and hang around.  

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of the bad experience.  I must say, I've bought many many things from Bob over 10 plus years.  I mean a ton of stuff.  Probably 10 + woofers too.  Never had shipping damage and had great results.  No issues at all.  Just bought some more grill fabric over the weekend.  

Glad you were able to get Klipsch replacement parts though.  Honestly, I didn't know Klipsch had Forte II replacement woofers.

A set of tweeters or any driver with a serious VC rub or a defective VC (missing enamel on it) will present to the amp as a dead short, and since XO depends on impedance, it being 0 can be the only one that plays (or the woofer has no upper limit in the XO in some cases) then it gets all the signal all the time, its own internal impedance prevents it from playing everything - either case, a short will show to the amp as such, and drive it to death easily.

Cool.

Srinath.