Factory Klipsch woofers for the forte 2

fluidcool

I think you put folks here on the defensive with the tone which felt like an attack on Bob.  There's a lot of love for him so naturally they went on the defense.  Bob has been very helpful to me.  I've never asked to return anything to him... I honestly don't know Bob's return policy but I've never needed to know.  I've bought a lot of stuff from a lot of places that I wound up not liking as much and it either sits here unused or I've sold it at a loss.  Such is life!  I'm not a big fan of Sonicaps in my crossovers anymore so most of them are sitting here unused.  I liked them at first because they were so much better than my worn out caps; it's just that I prefer other caps now.   No hate is needed here... we just need to to keep things civil.

I know what Bob says about break in time-

From Bob's website:

Q:  How about break in time for drivers or new driver diaphragms?

A:  Yes, and depends on the size of the driver.  Tweeter diaphragm probably break-in at a matter of seconds.  They are very low mass and move very little, so any break in would happen almost instantly.  Probably happened when the factory tested the diaphragm after manufacture.

Midrange are a bit bigger and have a bit more mass.  Break-in is probably on the order of minutes with these.

Woofers would take the longest.  I think that break-in on a 12 to 15 inch woofer would be less than an hour played at pretty good volume using music with a lot of low frequency content.  

• 2 weeks later...

The guy has a right to share his experience and his opinion. Just like all the Crites lovers. I have no position on Crites, but can appreciate the good and the bad.

to be honest, the "don't dare come on here and voice against the mainstream" rubs me worse. Sure, the OP could have vented a little softer, but the pile on is equally lacking.

• 5 weeks later...

In total respect to the forte 2 speakers . I have done extensive testing. I love my speakers 1f642.png:) had a driver failure the 12 inch. Went with bob crites drivers. Was very unhappy with the results 1f641.png:( . Called KLIPSCH and bought the replacement for the forte 2 for less than bobs . The K-28-e installed them in the forte 2 and they sound better than new, they handle the power, and sound solid again. I would expect no less from KLIPSCH!!! They had it spot on .

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Crites tweeter diaphragms in my Fortes and got wonderful sound. When I replace woofers, I always do a simple polarity check to ensure I have them phased correctly. A 1.5 volt dc current (simple dry cell battery) will either push the woofer forwards or backwards depending on the polarity. Woofer polarity is a make or break for bass response as one will cancel the other if they are out of phase.