I have too many tube amps............

tube fanatic

While I don't a have Maynard built amplifier, he was extremely helpful with regard to a SEPP 6AQ5/6005 amplifier/circuit I had interest in. With his help I built a rather nice amp to my ears...

Some DIY hobby folks have home brew creations of various types of tube amplifiers abounds...most show regard to fancy casework and expensive parts. Quite a few don't even show the innards...I see a awesome looking creation on the outside, with awesome parts on the inside, with terrible wiring and layout jobs...

Maynard's amplifiers are a common looking industrial theme, almost giving the buyer a way to "personalize".

You flip it over, and the wiring/layout is like WOW! It doesn't have to be perfectly symmetrical, it's the attention to detail I admire...

^^^^^

Tubes are able to do this, in the right configuration. Maynard just specializes in low power single ended amps, that's what he enjoys listening to. But you may well be shocked at the pressure levels lower powered tube amps are capable of, say 6-10 watts. With Klipsch horns of course ---- 

I didn't expect the overwhelming response to this listing!  I'll start answering all PMs and questions today and will, hopefully, give everyone satisfactory answers by the end of the week.

In case it matters, I'm not set up to accept Paypal, so a MO via snail mail will be needed.  My local drop-off place is for UPS only (I can also do Priority Mail but it seems to be more expensive these days).  What I've done with others is to pack, weigh, and measure the boxes so the buyer can create a pre-paid UPS or Priority Mail shipping label to send me via email.  That way only the exact shipping is paid, and I simply have to bring the boxes to the facility.  The alternative is to create a call tag and have the boxes picked up here by the carrier of your choice.

Thanks again for all of the interest and I'll be back on later.

Maynard

12 minutes ago, richieb said:

Being born and then Raised in Jersey are two different things. Born there alone leaves a lot of open questions - raised there would answer most all others!

Very, very true.  Thanks for that clarification....Only there for about 3 years, Hackensack, Fairlawn and Teaneck.

Bump for Maynard's amps!!

2 hours ago, Edroom said:

3 questions:

1. Are there different models and if so what are the differences?

2. Can you / will you ship?

3. Prices?

Thanks! They sound great (I want!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please send me a PM and we can chat.  It's easier than taking up forum space going back and forth.  I think I'm current with all of the other PMs which have come in, but if I have somehow overlooked anyone, please send another.  Thanks to everyone for looking things over.  As William was kind enough to point out, I do this for relaxation (!?).  Unfortunately, like Tribbles in the original Star Trek episode, the amps have a way of multiplying to the point of being out of control.  At least they aren't in the cupboards and pantry yet, although that may happen if my wife doesn't throw me out of the house first...

Maynard