Polk Audio Sub VS Klipsch

mcobb3

So I have a Polk PSW 108 and recently tried to upgrade to Klipsch R-10W. 

The Polk  is only suppose to be 100 max watts at half the price of the Klipsch which is suppose to be 300 max watts. 

Honestly, in all aspects the Polk blows the Klipsch away. The Polk gives bass that you can feel. I have the Klipsch turned all the way up and not even close. I'm mean not even near close. 

I have tested the 2 back to back literally over 20 times. I'm thinking of taking the Klipsch back although honestly I want to keep it. I want all Klipsch speakers. 

Am am I doing something wrong? I mean I am unplugging one and plugging in the other to keep as much constant as possible. Flat out Polk for the price blowing Klipsch sub away. 

36 minutes ago, derrickdj1 said:

A 100 watt sub most likely does not go that low and benefits in the 60-100 Hz region more like a pro sub.  You need to do the sub crawl and optimize setup for a better comparison.  Here is a good read on setting things up: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=95817

Awesome!  I appreciate the article and response. Truth is I know my comparison is probably not scientific; but I'm looking for sound.  

I am am probably going to have someoneOne out and look at my set up for optimization. 

50 minutes ago, mcobb3 said:

Awesome!  I appreciate the article and response. Truth is I know my comparison is probably not scientific; but I'm looking for sound.  

I am am probably going to have someoneOne out and look at my set up for optimization. 

Do it yourself.  That is how you learn by trial and error.   Get this done and you will own it for life and the sound will be just right.  Feel free to ask for help, there are enough here that can help.:smile:

Something is off as the klipsch specs are better and i can vouch the klipsch does as it says.

when u say u turned it up i suspect u mean the avr volume.  theres a gain knob on the back of the klipsch which should be set to say "4" to start using a clock reference.  tweak up or down to set to taste after u establish better response.

Make sure the crossover on the klipsch is maxed out. 

When comparing the klipsch to a Yamaha ystsw305the klipsch killed it. should easily match the polk and more.