Book shelf speaker Recommendation please

Steveo 1

I  have a  12x 12 room that  has a bar in it and  one wall is  open  ,  

has  limited  space and need some speakers  that  will dispurse  and fill that  room and  also  produce  the  most  amount  of  base  i  can get  without  a sub ,  but  want clean sound  and will be  powered  buy a  80w per channel  Emotiva   A700 amp  

will  have  to  mount up  higher due  to  bar  

I think most people would tell you not to expect a bookshelf speaker to produce chest-pounding bass, especially when wall mounted.  I don't know what your budget is, but the RB-81 and RB-61 bookshelf speakers are currently on sale on the Klipsch site.  The RP-160m have great reviews too.  

Bass is more omni-directional, so you may be able to tuck a wireless subwoofer somewhere you weren't expecting you could and really round out the sound.  I love the sound of a big floorstanding speaker, but bookshelf's and a 10" or 12" sub can sound surprisingly good too with proper placement and settings on the sub.

Edited by Hasty
  • Like 2

The  room next  to  it  will  have  much larger  amp 2 subs & Quartet  mains  and the  sub will  be  right next  to  bar  buy  the step where it  goes into  that  room , I  should  get  some thump from that sub  its  only  2  feet  from step and  if  still   not  enough base i will  add another  sub  in the bar    I will look for  what  you guys  recommended  and  budget  is about   $ 500 to  $800.00 Thanks  

Edited by Steveo 1