Artificial sweeteners

Srinath

19 minutes ago, dtel said:

I use Truvia, can't stand the others taste, just in coffee to replace all the sugar.

Luckily no diabetes yet @59, both parents had it so I watch.

I have 2 boxes of that, plus that thing called Pyure in 2 different forms. Bitter as hell. but I possibly being Asian have more bitter receptors in my tounge than people of European descent. Apparently being in the tropics means lot more food tended to rot more often, so we evolved to detect it better by having the sensors fire for anything and everything. LOL.

18 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

I'm equally against Stevia and Sucralose, but possibly naive...

Probably not. One is a chemical, the other is a part of a plant not too different from a mint plant. The shocking thing about sucralose is how little you need to get that first sip to hit you like a sledgehammer. In fact its diluted to 25% because @ full strength, you cant even put the amount small enough with out possibly needing surgical grade equipment. Shocking. Either way, short term use for me. 6 weeks or so. My inlaws have been on it for 15 yrs and in their 70's pushing 80, no ill effects so far. But they would also being diabetic still eat 3 X a lb of white rice @ ever meal of the day.

I cut out rice first, followed by bread. Lost 19lbs without even knowing. I plan on making rice out of my giant puffball mushrooms (bland flavorless mushrooms) and steaming them for when I needed rice. And make pasta/noodles out of em too and cut em into bread. Lucky me,

they grow wild in my yard, and are very bland and absorbent.

Cool.

Srinath. 

Srinath, the final piece of my own experience learning to live without any natural insulin production came in August.  And, all I did was put my meals on a precise schedule and eat what I wanted...but only enough to satisfy me.  I wasn't really obese by American standards to start with, but I dropped 25 lbs over three months and had to acquire 33 waist pants for the first time in a couple of decades, and go back to medium large shirts.  I wasn't even attempting to lose weight...just a by product.   The rigid schedule was to ensure that I went to bed with a predictable blood sugar as I no longer had the CGM monitor to alert me.  Weight loss was a by product. 

It leveled off and has remained stable.  My endocrinologist said "Dave, you are disgustingly healthy for a 67 year old beer drinking, cigar smoking man...and suspiciously so for a type 1 diabetic."  Maybe it's just luck of the genes, maybe it's what I am saying about just eat what you need in a good mix of meats/fish, starch, and green vegetables.  I don't know. 

But if drinking ghee is working for you, GO FOR IT!  We are all different and find different paths to the same goal. 

Dave

4 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

He's on your left.

Politically ???? most of the world, and most of America is on my left my friend.

I recently rolled a generator into my container and I eat the weeds growing in my yard. Does that tell you where I might be ???

You don't prepare for Armageddon by buying and hoarding cans of food. You prep for Armageddon by identifying everything you already have and knowing what you can eat and when. BTW 99% of my yard by species and about 75% by area is edible, about 40% by area tastes good, and the 35% that's left, about 1/2 - 17.5% tastes bad, and the other 17.5 tastes tolerable. 

Besides I've already proved I only need to eat every 13 days. LOL, maybe that's how you get ready for Armageddon.

Cool.

Srinath.

7 minutes ago, Mallette said:

But if drinking ghee is working for you, GO FOR IT!  We are all different and find different paths to the same goal. 

dave

Only in the short term, and only in small quantities. Ghee is pure saturated fat. Unsaturated is fat better. Avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil and flax oil all trump the bugger for good stuff. However Ghee coats your throat like nothing else. For staying power its the 90wt grease of the edible fat world.

By end of this month I may be on a 60 hr eat schedule, if I am still dropping weight I'd go 36, then 24, then 2-3 a day. Once again weight is just an index, what I am after is visceral fat. One of those DSM-BIA things is on its way to me as I speak. I got 1 lb extra fat where I can find it. How much is there between my organs is anyone's guess. A home DSM-BIA hopefully can tell.

Cool.

Srinath.

Google it sir.

Also I should say, I am very in tune with my body and I can tell when I have ghrelin, when I am insulin-ed up etc etc. That is why when I misdiagnosed my cramps on Nov 6 and panicked and scarfed down food and got out of keto etc etc - I remember it and am kicking myself for it. It is 1 rare blip in a good clean record.

Shivering, being shut down as I refer to it etc etc are not bad signs neccesarily. Painful as hell, but not really worrisome. If you were shivering for a few hours, and then you suddenly start feeling nice and mellow, oh yea, you're done for.

A period of inactivity when you're insulin-ed up = prime storage opportunity.

Inactivity when you're not insulined up = slow removal of fat from storage just what is needed to keep your body working good, and not even really where it wants to warm your extremities. Eat a bit of fat, and it will wake up an hour or so, but soon, you're barely calorie deficient.

Simple enough - Oh yea easy for me to say, I eat weeds and am happy about it.

Cool.

Srinath.

27 minutes ago, Srinath said:

Politically ???? most of the world, and most of America is on my left my friend.

I recently rolled a generator into my container and I eat the weeds growing in my yard. Does that tell you where I might be ???

You don't prepare for Armageddon by buying and hoarding cans of food. You prep for Armageddon by identifying everything you already have and knowing what you can eat and when. BTW 99% of my yard by species and about 75% by area is edible, about 40% by area tastes good, and the 35% that's left, about 1/2 - 17.5% tastes bad, and the other 17.5 tastes tolerable. 

Besides I've already proved I only need to eat every 13 days. LOL, maybe that's how you get ready for Armageddon.

Cool.

Srinath.

Armageddon? Container? 13 days?

Congrats, friend. Quality of life is everything. Enjoy your yard...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mungkiman said:

Armageddon? Container? 13 days?

Congrats, friend. Quality of life is everything. Enjoy your yard...

You forgot weeds. After 13 days I ate weeds.

You don't know what's in the container.

Lets just say, the Khorn aint the only one that's gonna make anyone's eyes pop. Even in a hardcore Klipsch forum. OK.

And TBH - the bikes are not even in this house.

Cool.

Srinath.

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Not factoring in stress is unscientific. 

If you have a high stress job, and don't deal with it diet is going to have less of an impact.

If you had to picture where heart disease would be worse in the country, where would you think?

main.pdf

HEART-RISK-front.jpg

Stress is way down in the last few months, especially since the thanksgiving weekend. My wife and I fight a lot less, and actually once a couple of items are settled about my old house, we'd be truly stress free. Or very very low stress.

And NC and SC is worse than CA I used to live in CA, now in NC/SC area ??? are you sure this isn't a weather map ??? wait, NJ and NY - been there too, same as CA ??? Never mind, it must be darker when there are fewer people from India. That's one common factor I can think of.

Cool.

Srinath.

6 minutes ago, Srinath said:

You forgot weeds. After 13 days I ate weeds.

Cool.

Srinath.

Again, enjoy your yard...

8 minutes ago, Srinath said:

You don't know what's in the container.

Cool.

Srinath.

Wouldn't that make me an accomplice?

9 minutes ago, Srinath said:

Lets just say, the Khorn aint the only one that's gonna make anyone's eyes pop. Even in a hardcore Klipsch forum. OK.

Cool.

Srinath.

I enjoy Make Believe.

11 minutes ago, Srinath said:

And TBH - the bikes are not even in this house.

Cool.

Srinath.

Srinath has The Bikes!

4 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

Srinath has The Bikes!

Most of em are old school clunkers though. I am "the Buddha" on GSTwin.com, which basically accounts for 1/2 the crap. There is 2 with a GR 650 motor, one GR itself, a couple MZs. Newest one is a 03 SV1000 which a barn fell down upon. Honestly, I've heard of bikes hitting barns, this maybe the first instance of a barn hitting a bike. But a Quonset hut with snow and ice piling up on it will happily cave like a pringle chip. Seriously, that's its design prototype.

Cool.

Srinath.