Artificial sweeteners

Srinath

16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I do use Stevia.  I like it when I fix deviled eggs, I like my eggs sweet instead of mustard tart.

I've gone back to natural sugar though.  A four pound bag costs two bucks.  It's 4 or 5 dollars for a few grams of Stevia.  They taste about the same to me.

I just use regular sugar.  I consume about three teaspoons a day, one in each cup of coffee and one in a cup of cocoa that we make.  That is it.  We also keep 7 up in the house in case we have an upset stomach.  We drink a few a month between the two of us.  The Fructose is horrible for you and needs to be consumed in small amounts or with a lot of fiber. 

We cook everything so no added sugars from sources that we do not know about. Prepared food and treats taste way too sweet to us.

I used to drink a lot of diet Coke and Pepsi.  Got terrible headaches. 

• Like 1

Ahh, Mountain Dew, the nectar of the gods.  Google 'Mountain Dew Mouth'  Sign me up!!

"In dentistry, we have actually coined the name “Mountain Dew Mouth” to describe patients who have completely destroyed their teeth by bathing them in the Dew. The combined acid and sugar bomb literally eats away at teeth. Many times, composite fillings, root canals, and crowns can't save the teeth."

Pin on Natural Remedies

The Truth You Should Know About Mountain Dew Mouth

• Sad 1

That photo looks like Crystal Meth maybe, not Mt Dew LOL. Of course if you "bath" your teeth in anything like soft drinks it can't be a good idea.

Mountain Dew soda, a product of the Pepsi Company, has been deemed the culprit in creating a high incidence of severe tooth decay in children from extremely poor regions, such as Appalachia, where there is often little resources or opportunity for routine dental care.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, NickB33 said:

Being a diabetic, I know that stevia is a good sugar alternative for people like me. I can't say I like it, but I got used to it. It is available in liquid, granule, and powder forms. Maybe you can try other forms. Who knows, maybe you will be able to stand it.

Here is the hard truth.  If you have diabetes sugar is a serious issue.  Just get rid of sugar, artificial sweeteners and refined carbs.  You can do it and once you 'make it to the top of the hill' the other side is an easy downhill ride. 

We never evolved to eat it and it is dangerous to you.  For sodas, we occasionally drink soda water with a lemon or lime.  Taste great and good if you have an upset stomach. 

I recently started drinking my coffee with a little butter and virgin coconut oil.  No sugar.  You can add heavy cream if you like.  Google Bulletproof coffee. 

Basically drink water, tea coffee and occasionally beer wine etc. 

Try to cook fresh food as processed foods (anything in a box that says in big shiny letters that it is healthy) need to be avoided.

These things make a huge difference in the way that you feel every day.

I wish you well with your handling your disease.  This is not a criticism. 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, aranas said:

Anybody likes stevia? Is it only me who can't stand it?

I was borderline diabetic until I lost 60lbs over the last few years. In that time I cut what, and how much I eat, and stopped drinking alcohol. Cutting out sugar as much as possible wasn't that difficult as I never added it to foods, and didn't drink regular soda. I do enjoy carbonated beverages however, and have been enjoying Zevia soda for the last few years. It's a Stevia based soda, tastes great and completely satisfies my carbonated drink jones. I stick to 2 cans a day. Very much recommend.

https://www.zevia.com/

On 1/30/2021 at 9:38 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I just use regular sugar.  I consume about three teaspoons a day, one in each cup of coffee and one in a cup of cocoa that we make.  That is it.  We also keep 7 up in the house in case we have an upset stomach.  We drink a few a month between the two of us.  The Fructose is horrible for you and needs to be consumed in small amounts or with a lot of fiber. 

We cook everything so no added sugars from sources that we do not know about. Prepared food and treats taste way too sweet to us.

I used to drink a lot of diet Coke and Pepsi.  Got terrible headaches. 

I should follow up on this one.  I now drink no sodas except for soda water and that is very occasionally if I have an upset stomach. 

I drink 1 1/2 cups of coffee every morning with one teaspoon of a mix of grass fed butter and virgin coconut oil.  I also started drinking my coco in the afternoon with just a teaspoon of bakers coco and a little unsweetened almond milk. 

Next level, cut out bread and all processed carbs.  I hate the general use of the word carbs because veggies are carbs.  So refined carbs are the bad ones. I was eating a banana every day and some fruit, but our fruit has so much sugar and not much fiber so I am minimizing it.  Also cutting back on the rice. 

Still lots of avocados, olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, nuts and fats in meat (I do go easy on the meat).  Lots of green veggies and other veggies too.  

The results, I am never hungry and I eat more than I want to to keep weight on.  I go from around 6:30 PM to 1:30 PM without eating every day.  I do eat all of my calories, this is not a diet plan to lose weight.  I always gained weight very easily but have been thin for decades by watching what I eat.  No headaches from not eating, no up and down energy.  I think that I am also sleeping better.  Will have to wait and see. 

I want to go one day a week from 6:30 PM through the next day and then maybe 12:00 or 1:00 the following day day once a week (metabolic Mondays).  Then add quarterly longer term fasts.  Autophagy is the goal, not weight loss. 

Sounds crazy, but read David Sinclair's book.  He is a self appointed expert who dropped out of high school, lives in a van, takes mushrooms every day, eats dirt and bugs and drinks his urine for health. 😁 You can read about him here:

https://sinclair.hms.harvard.edu/people/david-sinclair

His book is Lifespan.  Maybe a new thread is in order.