Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Srinath

Artificial sweeteners

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Wrong thread!  Thought I posted in the CCC thread.  One too many Wellers tonight. My bad.

I was wondering...... beautiful baby wherever you post her picture. Congratulations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mallette said:

Best general diet I've ever enjoyed was that of northern Thailand.  No obesity there...they are fascinated with fat people and equate them to the happy Buddha.  Also no hunger.  Just a solid, well balanced carb/vege/meat diet. 

Dave

In certain pockets of the world there are some oddities. Very low body fat in the 3.5% range and heart disease rates unheard of - Kitavans in southern Africa. 100% carbs, AKA - Plants, not coke. A few other islands in the pacific. Again same thing. Super super high fat and no carbs. Fish eaters. In the US I found it was easier to flip to the extreme a few months than keep moderation for the rest of your life.

 

Cool.

Srinath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I have 1 more point to add to the way this thread has evolved.

 

I have posted daily logs and my full on progress on a proper diet and weight loss forum. And not got any criticism. I do daily weight posts as well as after every sucralose drink there, plus how much water I'm drinking etc. No one has said "you're gonna kill yourself" and that's even those that don't follow this plan.

 

Cool.

Srinath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, CECAA850 said:

To me it sounds like you have an obsessive compulsive eating disorder but I'm no MD.

 

This is an excellent point and one that I have wondered about a lot in the last 3-4 months. The reason I have thought about it is - Dr Fung - the guy that treats type 2 diabetics with IF recommends that people with eating disorders don't do IF. I have wondered if I am giving myself an eating disorder.

 

However My wife yesterday said I seem to have eaten less than the usual quantity @ golden corral yesterday. In fact I only ate 6 items. A huge slab of beef out of their pot roast, 1 bowl of seafood salad of which I left 3/4 cos it had sugar in it, 1/2 a bowl of Tuna salad, 6 cheese cake wedges without the graham crust - all of which had very very few carbs, and 4 Pecan pie topping (no crust) 3-4 small pineapple wedges, I bowl ice cream with caramel syrup - possibly 75-80 gm carbs. Nearly all as sugar. But end of a fatty meal, your absorption is so occupied with pulling fat from the food, it ignores it.

The order to eat food - Fat and protein, then fat and fiber (these 2 can be flipped or mixed up) then carbs. The human body's absorption preference is fat, protein then carbs. And fiber interferes with everything. So better to go protein first.

Cool.

Srinath.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Srinath said:

6 cheese cake wedges without the graham crust - all of which had very very few carbs, and 4 Pecan pie topping (no crust) 3-4 small pineapple wedges, I bowl ice cream with caramel syrup - possibly 75-80 gm carbs. Nearly all as sugar.

 

17 minutes ago, Srinath said:

1 bowl of seafood salad of which I left 3/4 cos it had sugar in it

 

Bullshit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

 

 

Bullshit.

 

 

Why ??? It tasted awfully sweet to me, and not exactly what I had in mind either when I got seafood salad. I wanted it spicy and the hot sauce was just adding to the confusion. I ask them and they said 1.5 cups for 6 qts.

I have a seriously sweet tooth, however I have realized, I need to have sugar separated from my spicy foods. I'll make baked potato with chili that's got 1/2 a ghost pepper in it. And follow it up with 2-3 gulab jamun's toasted in the oven with a good 2-3 tsp of sugar syrup.

 

Oh I get why you're calling BS now - I am a weird eater, always been. Have you heard kids scream "my food is touching each other" OK I am the adult version of that. I bring back plates from the buffet with 1 item in it. No putting onion rings in the same as the pot roast. Fries and onion rings maybe. I'm a big sweet lover, but has to not be contaminated with fish or anything else for that matter.

 

Cool.

Srinath.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alex2233 said:

My wife has type 2 diabetes, she is on medication (you can find out about rybelsus online if you are interested). I follow the news of different studies. Recently I've read that researchers from Israel proved that eating artificial sweeteners can lead to glucose intolerance, over time. My wife decided to learn to enjoy natural sugars and commit to a lifestyle of healthy living – including the consumption of organic vegetables, fruits, sprouted nuts, seeds, etc. Also, she is thinking about trying stevia. Does anyone have experience with it?

I don't, but I heard someone talk about it yesterday (they are on Keto, and they say it doesn't trigger any type of insulin reaction) so I am wondering on what people's thoughts are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a hard time finding sugar free ice cream so I bought some chocolate sugar free "Snack Pack" pudding (very very cheap) and put it in the freezer and then had my sugar free ice cream. It was kind of a miracle. After about a month in the freezer some of them tend to get very icy crunchy which is not good. Also if you soft freeze them they are much like very thick McDonald chocolate shakes. But I make do.

JJK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aspartame was developed as an insect poison (it is a neurotoxin(so is MSG)), owned by Dick Cheney, product has never passed FDA approval, see having friends is important. Don't eat artificial sweeteners don't eat much sugar keep your sugar intake to a minimum attempt to reduce glucose spikes when you eat. Pretend you have type two diabetes to stay healthy. Eat carbs with high natural fiber content same goes for fruits eat those with high natural fiber content. The less processed the food you eat the better for your health so Oat groats (steel cut also known as old fashioned) are way better to eat than one minute quick oats. try to eliminate grains. If you eat beans eat the ones with the highest fiber to protein ratio, Pinto beans have lots of fiber. Eat good fats Walnuts Avocado Almonds coconut oil (solid at room temperature etc.). Keep your omega 3 level well above your omega 6 level. This is a real good start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, moray james said:

aspartame was developed as an insect poison (it is a neurotoxin(so is MSG)), owned by Dick Cheney, product has never passed FDA approval, see having friends is important. 

 

Good grief. I feel like I'm in a dream today and won't every wake up. 

 

On the insect poison: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-worlds-best-ant-poison/

 

Dick Cheney? You mean Donald Rumsfeld, the president of Searle at the time? It passed FDA approval in '81, and the review process was very, very flimsy, sketchy, but there is a full GAO report on that. 

 

His question was: My wife decided to learn to enjoy natural sugars and commit to a lifestyle of healthy living – including the consumption of organic vegetables, fruits, sprouted nuts, seeds, etc. Also, she is thinking about trying stevia. Does anyone have experience with it?

 

Sugar free pudding pops and a false aspartame hx. 

 

Does anyone have a something remotely in the same ball park as experience with stevia???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alex2233 said:

My wife has type 2 diabetes, she is on medication (you can find out about rybelsus online if you are interested). I follow the news of different studies. Recently I've read that researchers from Israel proved that eating artificial sweeteners can lead to glucose intolerance, over time. My wife decided to learn to enjoy natural sugars and commit to a lifestyle of healthy living – including the consumption of organic vegetables, fruits, sprouted nuts, seeds, etc. Also, she is thinking about trying stevia. Does anyone have experience with it?

Look in here:

 

 

If memory serves, @wvu80 uses stevia as a sweetener and can speak from personal experience.

 

Travis

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

 

Good grief. I feel like I'm in a dream today and won't every wake up. 

 

On the insect poison: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-worlds-best-ant-poison/

 

Dick Cheney? You mean Donald Rumsfeld, the president of Searle at the time? It passed FDA approval in '81, and the review process was very, very flimsy, sketchy, but there is a full GAO report on that. 

 

His question was: My wife decided to learn to enjoy natural sugars and commit to a lifestyle of healthy living – including the consumption of organic vegetables, fruits, sprouted nuts, seeds, etc. Also, she is thinking about trying stevia. Does anyone have experience with it?

 

Sugar free pudding pops and a false aspartame hx. 

 

Does anyone have a something remotely in the same ball park as experience with stevia???

I hate to disappoint you, but certain segments of society won't believe (same old belief vs science vs fact axiom) anything that comes from snopes, no matter what the facts are.  We have stevia in the house.  My experience is that it sits there in the jar.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I hate to disappoint you, but certain segments of society won't believe (same old belief vs science vs fact axiom) anything that comes from snopes, no matter what the facts are.

 

I would settle for just being in the general ball park of the inquiry.

 

"We tried stevia, it was invented by medicine men in Brazil, it lowered our blood pressure  and it cured male pattern baldness, and . . . . " 

 

I don't know, might just be the nature of the being a trial lawyer, you see someone ask a question and you get an answer completely out of left field that's where you start digging. I suppose I should assume that everyone else who reads that type of response assumes the same thing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

If memory serves, @wvu80 uses stevia as a sweetener and can speak from personal experience. -Travis

 

I do use Stevia.  I like it when I fix deviled eggs, I like my eggs sweet instead of mustard tart.

 

I've gone back to natural sugar though.  A four pound bag costs two bucks.  It's 4 or 5 dollars for a few grams of Stevia.  They taste about the same to me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

 

I do use Stevia.  I like it when I fix deviled eggs, I like my eggs sweet instead of mustard tart.

 

I've gone back to natural sugar though.  A four pound bag costs two bucks.  It's 4 or 5 dollars for a few grams of Stevia.  They taste about the same to me.

I didn't realize cost, I tried it and man is it swee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used stevia drops in my hot tea, almost with no effect. As the tea cooled, it became sweeter tasting.  IfI left some of the tea overnight (I drink a lavendar/chamomille at bedtime), in the morning it was supersweet.  Once the little bottle was gone, it was gone for good.

 

We buy a cheap, lttght brown cane sugar from Mexico. I put a tiny bit in my oatmeal... other than that, we don't use any sugar.

 

I hope that was relevant. 🤭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you're really curious about the effects on the body, ask my doctor after I kick the bucket. I don't use sugar at all. I do put a couple of packets of sweet & Lo in my coffee; but I don't drink coffee regularly. However, I do drink a ton of sugar-free flavored sparkling water and diet 7up-- which both contain artificial sweetener.  For decades, I drank a ton of Diet Coke; but haven't done that in several years. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

I used stevia drops in my hot tea, almost with no effect. As the tea cooled, it became sweeter tasting.  IfI left some of the tea overnight (I drink a lavendar/chamomille at bedtime), in the morning it was supersweet.  Once the little bottle was gone, it was gone for good.

 

We buy a cheap, lttght brown cane sugar from Mexico. I put a tiny bit in my oatmeal... other than that, we don't use any sugar.

 

I hope that was relevant. 🤭

Always is Bruce, Mr. Relevant always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...