ADS L710 Colorado Springs, CO

Woofers and Tweeters

I have a buddy that is looking for a pair of speakers to go with his minty recapped HK730.

His budget is only $500Cnd (about $400Usd right now :angry:), I suggested a pair of Heresy but

Heritage Klipsch do not come up that often up here in the Great White North.

I did come across what look to be a very nice pair of L730s, but I do not know much about the ADS line

and how they might go with the HK receiver?

I just re-checked the local ad and it looks like they have a sale pending...

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649325757-superb-sounding-ads-l730-speakers-fantastic-condition-with-original-boxes/

They are reasonably efficient at about 90db and sound fantastic the dome midrange and tweeter are very smooth.  I love their mini speakers the L200's, L300's & L400's I have a few pair of L300's.  The single woofer designs are good but alot of folks prefer the dual woofer L710's, L810's, and the rare and killer L910's.  If you can get them at a decent price they are certianly worth it.

Hey Frzninvt,

Thanks for the intel on the ADS, I remember them from back in the day, but that's about it.

I think those L-730s are sold, but then I see a new listing for a pair of L-710s... the dual woofer model that you mentioned.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649326637-ads-l710-speakers-30000pair/

$300Cnd definitely falls into my buddy's comfort zone price wise.

Those Heresys near you would need some major reconstruction and if they were closer to me (Toronto area) I would take them on.

Those look really nice he should be very pleased.  They really do sound fabulous.  The detail that comes out of those domes will suprise you and the bass is tight and accurate.

Yep, those heresy' look like they had been to hell and back.  They are gone now anyway.  

On 1/16/2017 at 1:40 PM, HPower said:

I have a buddy that is looking for a pair of speakers to go with his minty recapped HK730

This morning a coworker AB my HK730 to the receiver that he has in his office using 2 pair of RB35.... HK730 won. His is a nice mid 70s Sony that sounded great. Wasn't until we ab them could one tell what was missing.

I wish that my 730 was refreshed.