Amp for RP260F plus centre channel

Whitey22

Hi guys i have just picked up a set of the rp260's with the r110sw my question is am i best to run these off an onkyo nr656 or the denon arvx4200 i plan on adding rear channels at some point just wondering if in the mean time it would be worth adding the rp250c centre channel  ? 

My main use is general tv viewing combined with 4k/blu ray movies and the occasional pink floyd , metallica etc concert blu rays 

I bought these as a main setup for listening to music with the above but figure i should complete the full surround experience at some point. 

Any reccomendations suggestions would be great

Thanks very much

Whitey22,

Welcome to the forum.

Nice speakers.

I would get the Denon 4200 because it is an upper midlevel AVR as opposed to the Onkyo 656 being a lower midlevel model.  Or, whatever you can afford.

As far as center speaker, get the largest matching model that you can afford and will fit in your space.

Bill

Forgot to mention I also have the 250c. It seems other folks frown on the 250c but I think it has a wonderful sound and has plenty of output. I have not heard the 450c but if you have the money you probably should jump on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for the response guys [emoji4] ill go with the denon for sure. Do u think adding the centre channel initally will make a big difference ? Or should i only get the centre once i pickup some rears aswell?

Regards

Whitey :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Whitey22 said:

Do u think adding the centre channel initally will make a big difference ? Or should i only get the centre once i pickup some rears aswell?

For movies, yes a dedicated center channel is best.  For music primarily, stereo is really the way to go but multichannel mixes can sound pretty darn good.

Bill

Thanks for that looks like ill pick up a centre channel for now and add the rears at a later point. Bit of a noob question but for normal tv viewing will the dialogue come from the centre channel or from the floor standers ? Or will this be dependant on how the amp is setup?
Cheers

13 minutes ago, Whitey22 said:

Bit of a noob question but for normal tv viewing will the dialogue come from the centre channel or from the floor standers ? Or will this be dependant on how the amp is setup?

Dialogue will come out of the center speaker but will follow the character speaking. If they walk off the screen to the left or right, the dialogue will pan to the left or right speaker. Of course this is as long as your receiver is set to a multi channel format. If is is set to stereo, direct, etc.. you will get dialogue out of both the front left and right but not the center.

• 3 weeks later...

So i scored myself some rp160m for my rear speakers :) still have not picked up a centre as yet i can get a really good deal on the 250c but unsure wethet to hold off till a good price on the 440 or 450c opinions ?? Thanks heaps