Looking for Subwoofer to complement Heresy III

notsure

Hi,

I am currently running a Heresy III setup and I am very happy with their performance.

Very simple setup, the Heresy are hooked up to a stereo tube amplifier (no dedicated subwoofer output) and source is a turntable, nothing more.
The only thing I would like to extent is the low frequency range.

The bass from there Heresy is not lacking in quantity, its just missing those last few steps down the frequency basement. (my opinion after hearing several other systems).

Did some research and I think it should be possible to hook up an active subwoofer (which has high level / speaker level inputs ?) to the same speaker sockets on the amp as the speakers themselves?

Then adjust the low frequency crossover on the woofer to exactly the value where the heresy "stop". 

The idea would be that the woofer just fills in the gaps where necessary, i don´t want to increase the amount of bass altogether.

Does this make sense at all?

Can you recommend a suitable klipsch subwoofer for this purpose?

I found the RW-10D (which is discontinued).

Thanks

Room is about 30qm, I sit in the stereo triangle about 3m distance. The Heresy are sitting on spikes on a very heavy stone plate, the plate itself is on thick rubber feet. 

Budget is relative, I want something that fits and complements the heresy speakers. Aesthetics are of no primary concern, still would be nice if the woofer would blend in.

my listening habits are

- low to medium volume (meaning you can still talk to each other easily). Very occasionally I turn it up

- I listen mostly to pop/rock/post-rock/alternative (pink floyd, dire straits, black keys, radiohead, m.ward, explosions in the sky... stuff like that)

Thanks

Seek what I seek; a kg SW Passive Subwoofer. Heck; it's even RECOMMENDED  for the Heresy (well, at least the Heresy and Heresy II)!

One thing you have to watch out for; some subwoofers don't high pass filter their speaker level outputs, so they send a full range signal to the satellites (in your case, the Heresy's). Caveat emptor.